Sign in to follow this  
SoMa_InC

Official 2007/08 Premier League Thread

Thierry.   

no way mate, they are without Essian and Drogba their two most important players.

although we are missing some key players with the return of "Van the man" everything is gravy. ps Bredner is looking hot.

saxiib you should be worried at anfield winning mediocare teams in champions league isnt going to get you guys far. so Rafa the Gaffa better bring is A game

N.O.R.F   

Rafa will step it up for Scum utd no doubt. Over recent games Rafa actually won the tactical games but our strikers couldnt finish then they get a goal in the last minute.

Thierry, Chelsea will win vs Arsenal.

Eat your words Northener. As usual Arsenal are thought of as a mediocre team in this forum and I like it that way, keep it going lads!

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

First and foremost...to all my fellow Gooners... let's enjoy this magnificent ride while it lasts and when the bubble bursts (if it ever does) then don't worry there's always next season to look forward to and we will do it all over again :D .

it's going to be a wonderful game come Saturday against Spurs...however, don't expect Spurs to lie down and give up so quickly and so easily like they did at the Lane earlier this year though...

against Boro...I had a bad feeling about that game and as far as the Saturday game is concerned I'm afraid it's DeJavu all over again! :( but if Hleb and Van Persie play then Lord Have Mercy On Spurs.

Let's See Who Amongst You Gooners Will Agree With Me On This One.

I give you the name of the player that I came to regard as the MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER...Sorry to disappoint you...it's not Fabregas like most of you like to believe and no it's not even the Premier League top scorer in Adebayor and no it's not Gallas (he's important but not THE MOST important) I will always have time for Clichy and Sagna just as much as I sing the praises of my fellow Africans in Toure and Ebue (I enjoyed seeing him prove to John Terry that he's not as hard and tough as the English media like us to believe) but none of them is as important as him and oh yeah Flamini is one hell of a underrated player and he deserves to get that 50k a week contract he's expected to get but he's not as underrated as this fellow who at times remind me of a friend of mine because they play so much alike and did you notice how easily Almunia made us all forget about Lehmann...he had a blinder against Chelsea and he was easily my man of the match and yeah there's Rocisky he's a little devil but no he's not the one and you must be out of your mind to think its Van Persie the player I'm talking out...No, No,I like Van persie especially when he's in the 18th area where I know what he's going to do next but the player I truly believe is the Most Important Player (MVP)is...ladies & gentlemen I give you...the one & only Alex Hleb. Do you agree? If not let me know who do you think is Arsenal's MVP?

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

A.J.   

KEYZ187,

i dont think any who knows the premiership ever accused arsenal of being a mediocre team even in the past couple of seasons when they werent at their strongest. they have always and i think will always be on of the best sides in the premiership and for me are still right up there with man u when it comes to winning the premiership this season. However i do think that arsenal will struggle to wrestle the title away from Man Utd.

I think arsenal are still fantastic side but i think they will struggle to maintain the pressure on Man Utd. Arsenal, who played as weak a Chelsea side as any on sunday. Without vital players ballack, terry, drogba, malouda & essien and carvalho, Arsenal struggled and won by the odd 1 nil (and they only scored after Terry went off injured and that filthy dumb jew ben haim got outmuscled, terry would have knocked out gallas, not the other way round)

Arsenal can now forget the title challenge, Man Utd should win this by a fairly healthy gap, Arsenal at full strength could not even score 2 against a shadow Chelsea side who were also very poor on the day. Man United would have beaten my boys 6-0 on sunday

My team Chelsea for me are way out of the title after the result at arsenal not because of the three points lost but because of various reasons that culminated in the defeat on saturday. chelsea have had and look like they will continue to have terrible luck with injuries.We have been without our inspirational captain (Terry)great centre-back Carvalho, Midfield powerhouse (Essien) top midfielder (Ballack) and Best striker in the premiership (Drogba)for most part of the season. Add to that the fact we will loose our best african players for the ACN (Drogba, Essien, Mikel, Kalou) that doesnt leave us with any real chance of mounting a fightback in a real strong title race.

I am not making any excuses but am simply explaining why the chelsea side being put out by avram grant is not capable of winning the league, and that even a good arsenal side will struggle to cope with the Manur

^^Well thats the beauty of football, you obviously believe this will be a Man Utd title winning season. Now I'm no way saying that we are going to win the title and that its already done and dusted. But here's the thing, everytime Arsenal are written off, the produce something. For example the 05/06 season, the year we had to do without Vieira. Everyone said, Arsenal are finished they just sold their captain but we managed to reach final of the CL, which Arsenalhave never done.

About the Chelsea game on sunday, 1-0 wasnt a bad score because at the end of the day a win is a win. I would have liked to increase our goal difference but it wasnt to be and 3 points in the bag from chelsea after our defeat agianst boro is a very positive sign. It means the team can overcome defeats which something a lot of ppl have been saying about Arsenal this season is whether or not they can overcome their first defeat.

In terms of this season, I would be delighted to win either the CL or the PL, but at the same time, if the youngsters win the Carling Cup and the full team win the FA cup and thats all we won then I wouldnt be unhappy.

A.J.   

Bro,

i like you realism but when you referred to the 05/06 season and the reaching of the championsleague you did forget to mention that arsenal finished way behind Chelsea in the league and did not compete at all in the league. They reached the chamions league final because that is a 'anoyone can win it on the night' competition played here and there without the need for much consistency at all. now i am not for a second underestimating the performances of arsenal to reach that final and would also like to note that my own beloved Chelsea have never been able to replicate that . However the league requires season long consistency an whether arsenal really has that compared to Man Utd i dont think so.

Saying all that i would never write off arsenal because they are a fantastic footballing side capable of beating anybody. i only doubt whether they can keep up with Man Utd for a season long and if arsenal proves me wrong ill be the first to congratulate them (no matter how much i dislike both the Manure and the **** :D )

WingA   

Originally posted by Northerner:

Sunday is D-Day. Liverpool will either fall or stand tall. I hope its the latter.

i wont take the mickey norf, but you must off been p*****..lol..

so many arsenal fans up in here, when they are winning.. your football is good thats about it.. spurs where so unlucky yesterday but o well..

and finally, i wont go on and on about Man United coz you all know what time it is..

peez..

nuune   

^^^ United just got late penalty, it shoud have stayed draw as it was like dat for the whole game, poor Everton!

Liverpool just keep gettin the goals, as they have one game in hand, it means da title is ALIVE.

A.J.   

Nuune,

bro, eventhough liverpool have a game in hand i doubt or my team chelsea have any real chance of reeling in arsenal and united. they are both just not consistent enough compared to the arsse and the manure :D .

i still think it will be united holding the title at the end of the year.

nuune   

United lost the game to West Ham, it is 2-1 to West Ham now, great day indeed

The title is ALIVE as it was before