Sign in to follow this  
SoMa_InC

Official 2007/08 Premier League Thread

BOB   

I agree Carragher is one mighty gutsy defender whose last ditch tackles always saves one or two goals but let’s just say I prefer Nestas, Ferdinands, Gallases of this world to Carragher and his likes.

P.S imagine Carragher and Marco Materazzi as your central denfenders...just close your eyes and imagine for a minute.lol

Peace, Love & Unity.

A.J.   

Bob,

i can understand your preference, but for me a defender that gets job done is welcome no matter how he does. plus Carragher even though he is tough tackler, is very disciplined and hardly ever gets sent of so i dont think he is reckless at all.

Ferdinand is overrated for me. He is a good defender but he can be shown up by the most average strikers out their. I remember Hasselbaink when he was fat and on his last legs at Middlesborough still completely bamboozling him.

If you look at the Premiership for me the best defenders are, in no particular order;

Terry

Gallas

Toure

Carvalho

Carragher

Vidic

Richards

N.O.R.F   

The art of defending is not in black and white.

He is a good reader of the game and does not rely too much on the last ditch tacles. He lacks pace and will obviously do more tackles than the likes of Gallas (over-rated) and Ferdinand (beginning to change my opinion about him lately).

Richards is way way over-rated and relies on his speed too much which gets him out of trouble when he find himself in the wrong position. A nifty striker would do him in a second.

A.J.   

Richards is not yet rated by most so i dont you can call him overrated North,

but i rate because he is still very young and at an early age he is showing pace, strength, versatility, heading ability and grit/determination. he has a lot to work on but i think he will turn in to a fine defender

^^I agree, Richards is a very good defender and has the potentil to be an excellent player. I say player because this guy can play in many positions and according to his old youth coaches at City, he plays best as a defensive midfielder. To be so young and yet to be a full international and play week in week out for your club shows this guy has what it takes.

Carragher is also a good defender, he might not have the same amount of pace or skill but he makes up for it with his reading of the game and the inspiration that he can provide for a team. But there's no doubt that I would prefer Richards over him.

N.O.R.F   

A word of advice, dont rate any player based on English hype. Wait for him to play at a good level consistantly for 3 years minimum.

Fabregas   

Looks like Benitzen might have 2 go..... and Chelsea are back in the title race.......Arsenal lacking a bit of ruthlesness unlike Man Utd.......

A.J.   

North,

its not because of english hype that i rate him, its because i have seen him play a lot here in england and he has defintely left an impression on me. if he continues his development he can be an excelent player indeed.

GJ, i wouldnt say chelsea are back yet but i am proud that my team is battling eventhough we have been decimated by injuries. its like i said before about the title race, Man U will be probably win triumph over arsenal because they are much more ruthless and defiant even when they are not playing something arsenal dont do as wel

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

Just because Man Utd scored 6 goals against Newcastle doesn't mean they're more ruthless than Arsenal or Chelsea or Liverpool...if they were as ruthless as you guys are making them to be then how come they lost 3 relatively easy games in one goal deficit? Man City 1-0, Westham 2-1 and Bolton 1-0 and we all know how lucky they were to beat Everton...the team we thrashed easily unless you mean to tell me...all of a sudden they are RUTHLESS now.

against Newcastle things could've been different so easily had Owen's legitimate goal stood when the score was still 0-0 and Ronaldo's blatant dive waved play on (which led to the 1st goal) because to be honest I didn't see any foul on Ronaldo from Smith and don't forget they had a helping hand from Newcastle defense in almost all the goals...at the moment they seem to have more luck than Arsenal and in football you need to get the rub of the green to win any matches something Arsenal didn't get against Birmingham...

try to be fair and tell it like it's and not how you want it to be...I don't see Man Utd beating City 6 nil something Chelsea accomplished almost effortlessly...do you think United will be the same without Ronaldo...but look at the Chelsea players that are currently missing on injury and they are still winning matches and yet no one calls them Ruthless...why is that?

it's to early to write Arsenal off and who's to say with a little bit of luck we can't win the premier league? Let's Give Credit Where its Due Guys.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

A.J.   

Heey calm down there Bobby,

No one is writing of Arsenal, on the contrary. I actually think that Arsenal have a real good chance of winning the premiership as they have produced quality time and time again. they have shown what they are made of and like you said with a bit of luck they could easily win the prem. If Man U lost Rooney or Ronaldo for any period of time their whole season could derail and Arsenal could make a good run in which they eliminate Man U from title race. But then again if Fabregas or Adebayor was to have a period where they couldnt play the same could happen to Arsenal and Man U could nick it. At the moment it is neck and neck and i am guessing just like most people are. However Man U seem to have a knack of diggin out results which Arsenal dont tend to have and that might just sway the title Man U's way.

N.O.R.F   

Liverpool beat Newcastle 3-0 at St James' Park but could easily have been 6! Don't read too much into Scum Utd's win.

Arsenal did'nt turn up vs Birmingham who are known for their pack the midfield style.

As for Liverpool, well another 4th place finish will have to do. Rafa nearly got the sack it has emerged so maybe now he will start with a better attitude than one lone striker vs Wigan at home!!!

Fabregas   

The reason I say ruthless is because Man Utd have won the games that they really needed to last season and this season( playing good and bad). Whilst Arsenal seem to have developed this habit of getting these silly draws with little teams, although they have improved this season. If there gonna win the title this season, they gonna have to take their chances against a team like Birmingham.A couple of more draws, and bam boom bac, the title is gone....

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

The Title Will Come To Emirates...Mark My Words.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.