Sign in to follow this  
Dabrow

Kenya invades Somalia

What a sad day for the people of Kenya & Somalia. I am almost tempted to say Macsokor to Somalis for putting themselves into this situation. Lax waliba meeshey isasaartaa lagu gowracaa!- Ina adeer yaalow- I cant even read the bloody headline. Waa unbeleiveble. The words Kenya,Invades Somalia is just unfreaking -believable. I cant even read it. I am saddened as a Somali, especially a Somali Kenyan.

Look, the Kenya Army and that useless thief of a president, are clueless hags. OK, Kenya has had numerous,invasions by Uganda & Ethiopia: Museveni, literaly took an island belonging to Kenya and deployed Uganda soldiers, Some Kenyans were killed in Marsabit when Oromo thugs came in and invaded, another 2 dozen were killed when Ethiopians invaded Turkana in northern part of the country. What did they do? Nothing. Now,that a couple of tourists and some foreign aid workers have been abducted, they decide to engage in a full blow war? This is ill informed. This is short sighted. This is wrong. It is as i said, a sad day for both Somalia and Kenya.

This is another wake up call for Somalis. Burry your differences and please build yourself a country. I mean, youve got to be kidding me...when Kenya, of all countries is bloody invading Somalia?-

That is not true, Xaaji X. There was never a real effort to build the only institution that could save Somalia. The reason has always been weak and remains so till today. It is in the name of balance of power, which says we cannot strengthen the TFG when it is temporary and lacks legitimacy from all Somalis.

It shows how disingenuous these military invasions are. It may be good for Keyna to show the West that she can defend its territory and safeguard Western investment and ensure economic stability. It does not solve the aslshabaab problem.

The shortsightedness of some of the better observers on here is stunning. Surely you are not attempting to make the argument that Kenya is pursuing its national interest here. This incursion has all the fingerprints of American direction here. Newsflash the kidnappings were NOT by AlShabaab. Anyone who attempts to forward this argument is either woefully misinformed, or is being intellectually dishonest. When has this group ever shied away from claiming any act? Even miserable acts like the bombing a few weeks back, which would likely have hurt their popular support, they have claimed. They've repeatedly denied they have anything to do with the kidnappings. If it was a new tactic to kidnap foreign aid workers, they have hundreds at their disposal throughout Southern Somalia. MSF the organization which the Spanish workers belongs to operates in AS territory! If you read their statements today, you can hear that they are not pleased with the escalation and would rather not fight the Kenyans.

As for Kenyan strategic interest how is it being met here? Increased conflict will not stabilize their border. Bombing their way to Kismayo is a ludicrous strategy. If it its containing AlShabaabs threat to Kenya, its even increased with this escalation. If you honestly believe the ill equipped Kenyan troops who haven't seen conflict in decades can defeat AlShabaab your opinion cannot be taken seriously. Even western experts have already remarked that Kenya does not have the capacity to sustain an occupation. The only thing this will do is a) grant greater legitimacy to AlShabaab and b) show how the desperate attempts to create this Azania clan enclave will continue to fail.

What is far more likely is that the Kenyans are doing a favour for American policy, in exchange for greater financial support they need at home.

BTW its just a coincidence the Kenyan defense minister is the kinsmen of the Azanian Professor lol, right?

This is unacceptable and a grave mistake by the Kenyan government. The Kenyan army crossing the border, I mean up 100 KM into Somalia without any approval from the UN/AU or any authority including getting consent from the Somali government.

This disastrous move will only backfire and come to harm the Kenyans. It's not much of a problem to the Somalis and Somalia as it got used to different nations crossing its borders and entering the country including super powers, it happened in the past and hardly did the Somali spirit broke. However, this will end the image Somalis always had about Kenya, a friendly nation and less harmful government, that's no more. Kenya the new enemy next door, many inside and outside Somali will find a reason, a conscience reason to support Alshabaab against this Kenyan aggression.

Also from a humanitarian perspective this will likely do great damage to the civilians of these regions. I am positive that if this is indeed a full scale invasion, all the NGO's currently operating in famine stricken regions will suspend their work. I do not see how an intervention that will do more damage to Somali civilians can be supported in the interest of the Somali people. If your distaste for AlShabaab is (rightfully) based on what they've done to civilians, surely you are aware this will likely do an even greater damage to civilians as well ?

Perhaps the support can be justified if this did indeed lead to a total defeat of the group, but it certainly will not. Once we have established this, the intervention really cannot be supported in good faith.

xiinfaniin;752071 wrote:
That is not true, Xaaji X. There was never a real effort to build the only institution that could save Somalia. The reason has always been weak and remains so till today. It is in the name of balance of power, which says we cannot strengthen the TFG when it is temporary and lacks legitimacy from all Somalis.

It shows how disingenuous these military invasions are. It may be good for Keyna to show the West that she can defend its territory and safeguard Western investment and ensure economic stability. It does not solve the aslshabaab problem.

On the Contrary to build a Military institution it takes years of Military build up discipline of the Army training of the army personal into effectiveness managing the Army officers and recruiting capable Army commanders and having the right facilities and Equipment while not being in constant fighting.

And as you said a strong foundation is what you need but where do you get that not in Somalia that's why currently Somalia's Army is trained in Kenya and Ethiopia while, there are peace keeping forces or as some say Mercenaries doing the work.This Conflicts with the notion for Somalia to develop a capable army in the near future.

Yunis   

Most contributors are reminiscent similar to FOX news rants of ‘the good invasion’ of Iraq. But the arguments given here aren’t as persuasive as FOX, you’ll need to hire some Neocons..^

It’s true - this wouldn’t happen if Somalis had their act together at first place, but Ethiopia’s invasion was evil intent while Kenya’s invasion is to the benefit Somalis by chasing away bigger evil of all the Shabaabs?

A decade ago, the world bought into justification given for the Afghanistan invasion by the only super power, but what benefits has that ‘good invasion’ leveraged for the occupied nation. Where do we see in invading armies that has ever benefited its subjugated lands?..Today’s Security and terrorism inclined world, armies now have little or no need to give any justification, but the people on the margins and those who are directly impacted by these circumstances will continue to suffer.

Kenya has been perfecting its playbook of middling in Somali affairs, it might be new to the game, but it’s no less evil intent then Ethios, foreign invasion is an invasion regardless who it’s. the hypocrisy some here to be cheerleaders to Kenya’s threaten national ‘security’, notwithstanding their strong resolute against Ethiopia incursion as evident our genuine aim to see out of this two decade long comma.

For Kenya this is dual – purpose invasion at last, one to show the European retirees destine to Kenya’s pristine shores are protected, yet more strategically important, is to spearhead setting up of Kenya’s agenda of Clan buffer state along the border, which will also, no doubly show the likes of Museveni that Kenya will claim its dominant role at the Horn and flex its muscles.

It’s also ludicrous argument to suggest Kenya’s hand was free from Somalia affairs prior to kidnapping of aid workers and foreign tourism which Kenya relies as its chief economic source. None of these kidnapping occurred when wikileaks cables showed strong US opposition to Kenya's effort to establish a buffer zone in southern Somalia, nor did these kidnapping existed when wikileaks disclosed Kenyan high official governments doing back-room deals to try to purchase large portion of Somali coast from corrupt TFS reps. None of these kidnapping incursions existed when Kenya’s artilleries from Madera shelled Balad-Hawo town destroying over 350 homes and killing dozens year ago. None of these kidnapping existed when UN’s Maxwell Gaylard after Eldoret conference back in-mid 2000’s convinced Kenya the lucrative potential of becoming host for things Somali aid groups. Nor did kidnapping occur when again; wikileaks disclosed Museveni’s insistence control over Somali resolution processes including the all UN agencies, since he is doing most sacrifices compared to Kenya. In which again Kenya to side-steps Musevini attempts started to train and arm both TFG and other nefarious groups.

This invasion will place Kenya in the forefront, even ahead of AU troops in terms of global terrorism perspective, since it deployed its own forces and would be perceived free of incompetent African forces. This will enable them to receive direct support of US and others, while perpetuating proxy wars even further.

Johnny B   

Dabrow;752055 wrote:
Dont put your filthy fingers on me. You dont know who or what i Stand for. And try read my posts.

I dont like alshabab politics goals or aims in Somalia. But I will support their fight against the invaders.

No one knows what this occupation will bring to Somalia. My lojality is not within whats best for Kenya economy or tourists.

Its whats happening to Somalia. How many times has somalia now been invaded? If this was the solution things would be different today.

But its not, Somalia is in very bad position with various of people with different agendas and different founders .

One is naive if something good will come out of occupation. It would only streghten alshabab and prolong somali conflict and the "forever war"

Du är bara för korkad för att inse det.

While my fingers have better things to do, let me keep telling you why you like AL-SHABAB/AL-QAIDA and why your futile attempt of denying it won't pull off.

Since i am addressing your stance i won't be able to cede legitimacy to your attempt of personalizing the subject matter.

You're here with the old and tired meek point of Somalis being killed by Somalis is a better situation than Somalis being killed by foriegners, and the worse version of it at that, consequently cloaking a blind support for AL_SHABAB / AL-QAIDA as a patriotic sentiment.

As long as you can't realize the fact that AL-QAIDA has already invaded Somalia, your to be patriotic vision remains blurred while your injured support for the terror group keeps surfacing , and i'll be left with lethal urge of showing it. :)

Dabrow   

Johnny B;752089 wrote:
While my fingers have better things to do, let me keep telling you why you like AL-SHABAB/AL-QAIDA and why your futile attempt of denying it won't pull off.

Since i am addressing your stance i won't be able to cede legitimacy to your attempt of personalizing the subject matter.

You're here with the old and tired meek point of Somalis being killed by Somalis is a better situation than Somalis being killed by foriegners, and the worse version of it at that, consequently cloaking a blind support for AL_SHABAB / AL-QAIDA as a patriotic sentiment.

As long as you can't realize the fact that AL-QAIDA has already invaded Somalia, your to be patriotic vision remains blurred while your injured support for the terror group keeps surfacing , and i'll be left with lethal urge of showing it.
:)

JonnyB whatever respect I had for you as writer on this board is gone.

It is you who personal this matter by "speaking about what you think my stance" is on this subject.

I dont support alshabab and god forbid i dont support a somali brother killing his own brother again.

As A&T was talking about this is "Psychological projection" from your side, you are apply your own view of the world on me.

It wont work, I'm not like you old folks, who ruin somalia by clannish behavior. Keep label everyone opposing this as alshabab, if you think it will take you somewhere.

ailamos   

Dabrow;752054 wrote:
Whats the lol about? Check my previous post here. Is it upside down-day today? Because it seems like it.

No sane person would want his homecountry to be invaded. And I support anyone who resist the invaders.

You forget that the Kenyans were attacked thrice. What did you think they would do? Sit down, fold their arms and wait for the fourth?

Dabrow   

ailamos;752099 wrote:
You forget that the Kenyans were attacked thrice. What did you think they would do? Sit down, fold their arms and wait for the fourth?

I read somewhere its was fabricated and they blame alshabab for the attack and kidnaping. I know alshabab is not friend of somalia or kenya but I dont give "shit" about what kenyans should do or not, if they invade my country then its a problem.

You see some people already label this "good invasion" without knowing the possible outcome for Somalia and its people.

This shows people are clueless and just taking orders from outside.

ailamos   

Dabrow;752100 wrote:
I read somewhere its was fabricated and they blame alshabab for the attack and kidnaping. I know alshabab is not friend of somalia or kenya but I dont give "shit" about what kenyans should do or not, if they invade my country then its a problem.

"you read somewhere" eh? your stubbornness is amusing... it's only rational that a country would retaliate the way Kenya has. If the TFG can't control what's going on within their borders then I'm sure Kenya "doesn't give a shit" (as you so eloquently put it) either, all they're concerned with is that they were attacked, end of story.

Abdul   

The endless civil war,the ignorant warlords and the crazy alshabab has crippled this country.This invasion is the chicken coming home to roost.