Sign in to follow this  
Dabrow

Kenya invades Somalia

Abtigiis   

aaaah! my naivety! Freud's 'psychological projection' comes to mind. It is about the cognitive process by which one "projects" one's own "undesirable thoughts, motivations, desires, and feelings onto someone else". A liar thinks others are lying, a tribalist thinks whatever the other one says is because of tribe. I, for one, have at no point supported Azania or any clan enclave inside Somalia. Ngonge can, on my behalf, sift through the files in SOL and post my stance on this from the records. My support for the Kenyan invasion came from deep sense of wanting the end of Alshabab. And to the extent it is about this, I support it; even if this has to be achieved through the formation of a clan entity for that matter. It is a lesser evil. But I don't believe there is any appetite for the formation of Azania from most of the people in the Jubbas and Gedo. It is a divisive undertaking and one that should never be allowed to come to fruition. Let it die where it was concieved, which is the big head of the dark professor. It was the end product of a big exercise of professiorial folly by Gandhi.

As to the double standard, in this case, I genuinely believe it expedites the realisation of strong secular government, unlike in the case of Ethiopia whose main objective is always to keep Somalia in perpetual cycle of war and anarchy. Kenyan invasion is in the interest of the somali populace who remain slaves of Alshabab. It is in my interest too. Alshabab are worse than any outsider enemy. A kind step-mother is million times better than an abusive real mother. Alshabab are the homicidal proverbial son who claimed orphan status after killing his own father. They cry for the soverignity of Somalia,the same somalia they killed and allowed Alqaeda to kill.

NGONGE   

I will vouch for A&T's position regarding Azania. He was never a vocal supporter of that fantasy state. However, I can also vouch that, as far as I can tell, A&T has never protested (not strongly anyway) against the AMISOM forces. His opposition has always been about Ethiopia and its involvement in Somali affairs. If, he happened to don the nationalist cloak along the way, it were merely to drive home the point for this opposition of his. :D

Abtigiis   

:D :D waxaan laguu dirsan maxaad ugalysaa NG?

Anyway, I don't protest the presence of AMISOM. I don't like them, but I believe they are useful monstors for now. But I don't like their bombardment of civillians. I accept the charge, I haven't been vocal enough against Amisom.

Dabrow   

In my valid opinion all invaders must be treated alike.

Its not like this will not affect somali civilians because it will.

I dont usually support alshabab and their politics but I support them against kenyan invaders

Mayaani   

I don't what he means Abtigiis this " Kenyan invasion is in the interest of the somali populace who remain slaves of Alshabab" but shows most of us confuse and properly don’t what we real want. I am all against neighboring countries entering Somalia for lame excuses because their intentions are clear to see Somali remain fail state.

A_Khadar   

Jacaylbaro;751943 wrote:
Because we hate ethiopia doesn't mean to be bias dee .....
:D

We? are you one of the weee?

Keynya to attack to somalia is completely wrong and somalia's gov shoud say something about this unless this is a plan in the mix to completely get rid of AS..

Jacpher   

Another dark day. Waxaan noqonay sidii xoolo yaroo marin habaabay oo duurjoogta isugu habar wacatay.

Allow masaakiinta lagu dum leeyahay u gargaar.

Johnny B   

Dabrow;752000 wrote:
In my valid opinion all invaders must be treated alike.

Its not like this will not affect somali civilians because it will.

I dont usually support alshabab and their politics but I support them against kenyan invaders

This is the kind of mindset that one 'd use as a rationally acceptable excuse to let any country actually invade Somalia, which i snot the case in here.

As you seem to have been left behind regarding Somalia and who invaded it, let us wake you upp ... It's al-qaida that has invaded Somalia ...and its being liberated with the help of the otherwise enemy of Somalia , it is a sad situation ,Worse that you and all terror supporters nevert realize that fact, so one'd safely assume that Somalia is better off without your VALID oponions.

I am not that convinced that you with such mentality do not support the terror group , but then i woulden't want to support a TFG with supporters of you clibre.

This is as AT&T put it , we've to make a stand , and as sad as it may seem, AL-SHABAB/ AL-QAIDA are the enemy of the republic of Somalia while Kenya the natural archenemy of Somalia is the friend in here. :D

Jacpher   

Abtigiis;751987 wrote:
My support for the Kenyan invasion came from deep sense of wanting the end of Alshabab. And to the extent it is about this, I support it; even if this has to be achieved through the formation of a clan entity for that matter.

Ironically you and the professor hold the same view. You are not in the heart of Kenya so stop telling us it's doing this out of 'deep sense of wanting' to save Somalia from AS. The same card was used time and again by Meles and the CIA paid warlords in Moqdisho back in the day. Saving Somalia from itself waayadaan awrkaa lagu kacsanayey. I consider Kenya our best second home and I hate it to see it pulled into the nasty mud of Somalia. It should off course work with the Somali government as it does many times but should not intervene militarily. Nothing good can come out of this.

Dabrow   

ailamos;752045 wrote:
LOL

Whats the lol about? Check my previous post here. Is it upside down-day today? Because it seems like it.

No sane person would want his homecountry to be invaded. And I support anyone who resist the invaders.

Dabrow   

Johnny B;752047 wrote:
This is the kind of mindset that one 'd use as a rationally acceptable excuse to let any country actually invade Somalia, which i snot the case in here.

As you seem to have been left behind regarding Somalia and who invaded it, let us wake you upp ...
It's al-qaida that has invaded Somalia
...and its being liberated with the help of the otherwise enemy of Somalia , it is a sad situation ,Worse that you and all terror supporters nevert realize that fact, so one'd safely assume that Somalia is better off without your VALID oponions.

I am not that convinced that you with such mentality do not support the terror group , but then i woulden't want to support a TFG with supporters of you clibre.

This is as AT&T put it , we've to make a stand , and as sad as it may seem, AL-SHABAB/ AL-QAIDA are the enemy of the republic of Somalia while Kenya the natural archenemy of Somalia is the friend in here.

Dont put your filthy fingers on me. You dont know who or what i Stand for. And try read my posts.

I dont like alshabab politics goals or aims in Somalia. But I will support their fight against the invaders.

No one knows what this occupation will bring to Somalia. My lojality is not within whats best for Kenya economy or tourists.

Its whats happening to Somalia. How many times has somalia now been invaded? If this was the solution things would be different today.

But its not, Somalia is in very bad position with various of people with different agendas and different founders .

One is naive if something good will come out of occupation. It would only streghten alshabab and prolong somali conflict and the "forever war"

Du är bara för korkad för att inse det.

I am in agreement with Alshabaab being the source of instability in Somalia today, and the need to militarily defeat it by any cost. I am not sure however foreign forces will ever be capable of doing that without the real risk of stoking Somali nationalism, creating moral and political support for the very alshabaab they intend to defeat. And particularly the timing of Kenyan invasion could not be any worse for Alshabaab was losing both ground and support, and TFG was gaining momentum so much so that Alshabaab's grip of power was rapidly diminishing. The Kenyan invasion has the effect of legitimizing Alshabaab, in essence giving them a new lifeline.

I am in the opinion, Alshabaab can only be defeated by Somalis. So a real strategy for Alshabaab defeat would be to helping Somali army stand up and equip them with superior military hardware. Allow Somalis to have the big guns, and they will take care of Alshabaab in no time.