Sign in to follow this  
Dabrow

Kenya invades Somalia

nuune   

Actually some high figure Somalis were saying this morning that Kenya shouldn't be sending troops inside Somalia but should be sending logistical support only, look the tone of that statement, coming from Villa Somalia, after all, it shows they endorsed this pure invasion of another country's sovereignty.

Just little developing headlines on this issue:

- A helicopter belonging to Kenya military was shot down on the Somalia-Kenya Border townLiboi(about 10 miles inside Kenya, this happened after Kenya invaded Somalia on Saturday), killing all soldiers inside, Kenya authorities declined to comment on the incident but acknowledged the coming down of the helicopter.

- The Kenya troops passed Dhobley town, heading to Taabto, and Qooqaani which was emptied by Shabaab yesterday, Qooqaani is in TFG hands now, Afmadow was emptied by Shabaab as well.

- Analysts are saying AND WARNING that this is the way Alshabaab behaves on all its fighting, vacating towns only to come back when their enemies are dancing, analysts are warning massive casualties of Kenyan troops.

- The US welcomed the move taken by Kenya, as it was the US who ordered Kenya to invade Somalia.

- The situation in Nairobi is confusing, specially in Islii, there is great fear of suicide like attacks like that happened in Mogadishu recently.

Samafal   

Kenya is stretching its muscle to to show strength after Museveni comment that they can't resist Alshabab as they don't know how to fight.

But, But why send their troops to somalia only after the Somali army plus Raskamboni defeated Alshabab. I think Kibaki want to take a credit frrm removing Alshabab from his borders where there's none due. I doubt if Kenya army (qori dheerayaal, as they were called) will face Alshabab but will just motivate the Somalis to chase them for them.

nuune   

This is how the Kenyan military conducts fighting, remember, these guys never engaged in fighting in their lives, the Shufta of Somalia used to make fun of them and used to surrender in large numbers in 60s, 70s and early 80s.

Kenya military in action:

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

3e864_111016024143-kenya-somalia-al-shab

At Liboi Kenya

Abtigiis   

This is not an invasion, and if it is, it is a good invasion. I opposed ethiopian aggression and if you see any inconsistency in my position, refer to Robert Cooper, Tony Blair's advisor and current chief strategist in the EU. "The challenge to post modern states is to get used to the idea of double-standards", he said, and I think Somalis need to get used to it, for it is a fact of life we cannot avoid. Anyway, simulating nationalism at this critical juncture in the fight againt evil islamists is hypocratical. The Alshabab are a cancer and the ailing people of Somalia would welcome anyone who contribures to uprooting them. I am not sure I would have minded if Ethiopians came back and did this too now. But everyone understands that there is fundamental difference between the actions of kenya and Ethiopia. One regime's political survival depends on turmoil in somalia and therefore is actively working to prolong anarchy in Somalia, while democractic Kenya hasn't yet shown any tangible destablising actions in somalia. If at all, it is a victim of cross-border piracy and kiddnappings that are threatening its security and economy. Let us be fair, Somalis.

The sad thing is the bantu kenyan army is not equal to the ethiopians and I doubt if they can change the equation that much. You probably know that during the shifta days in kenya, any soldier who comes back from combat with their guns (not surrendering his gun even if he hasn't fired it) used to get a national medal of honour for heroism. :D :D Ma ku waasa Alshabab wax ka qaadi. Here, the kenyans euphemistically say their army is a "career army", instead of saying "coward army". Something Museveni alluded to only recently.

Abtigiis;751953 wrote:
This is not an invasion, and if it is, it is a good invasion. I opposed ethiopian aggression and if you see any inconsistency in my position, refer to Robert Cooper, Tony Blair's advisor and current chief strategist in the EU. "The challenge to post modern states is to get used to the idea of double-standards", he said, and I think Somalis need to get used to it, for it is a fact of life we cannot avoid. Anyway, simulating nationalism at this critical juncture in the fight againt evil islamists is hypocratical. The Alshabab are a cancer and the ailing people of Somalia would welcome anyone who contribures to uprooting them. I am not sure I would have minded if Ethiopians came back and did this too now. But everyone understands that there is fundamental difference between the actions of kenya and Ethiopia. One regime's political survival depends on turmoil in somalia and therefore is actively working to prolong anarchy in Somalia, while democractic Kenya hasn't yet shown any tangible destablising actions in somalia. If at all, it is a victim of cross-border piracy and kiddnappings that are threatening its security and economy. Let us be fair, Somalis.

The sad thing is the bantu kenyan army is not equal to the ethiopians and I doubt if they can change the equation that much. You probably know that during the shifta days in kenya, any soldier who comes back from combat with their guns (not surrendering his gun even if he hasn't fired it) used to get a national medal of honour for heroism.
:D
:D Ma ku waasa Alshabab wax ka qaadi. Here, the kenyans euphemistically say their army is a "career army", instead of saying "coward army". Something Museveni alluded to only recently.

Just for the record .... :D

nuune   

JB, iska dhaaf AT&T, he even hailed US invasion of Uganda last week(US sent 100 troops to Uganda to counter Lords Resistance Army(LRA)),

Remember, the US is supporting the government in Uganda with his brutal dictatorship, while US fighting the rebels who are against the Uganda regime, can you see a reverse order in Libya.

Ps: Saad ula dhacdey unbaan la yaabey the helicopter that was shot down, while Kenya claimed it was not shot down but mechanical error, you believed their side of the story and not the eye witnesses who saw the shooting down of the helicopter.

I'm just copying what they say in their news portals ..........

But invasion is invasion whether it is Kenya or Ethiopia. I don't want A&T to clap for Kenya and whine when it is Ethiopia though they both use the same excuse "Islamists, Alshabab, security, help TFG, blah blah" ....

AYOUB   

Abtigiis;751953 wrote:

^ Ah but what about Somaliweyn and occupiers of Somalis? Aren't Kenya and Ethios equal in that regard? I can understand Tony Blair's "double-standards" because they serve his interests, what interest have you (read plural including the your Tolkas like Zack ) in separating Kenya occupation from that of Ethios?

As for the Kenyan incursion itself, if it about showing the world Kenya has taken action against the folks threatening tourists then it is wrong move. This will has only brought bad "war" publicity to country most saw as stable. If - on the other hand - this about creating a friendly clan buffer Zone for Abtigiis and Tolkis on the Somali side of the border, time will tell but my guess is it will only complicate tbings in an already difficult troubled land. Judging from the opposing noises coming from the TFG, they believe the later being the Kenyan motive.

“Kenya violated the territorial rights of Somalia by entering our holy land, but I assure you that they will return disappointed, God willing,” said Sheikh Hassan Turki, a senior Shebab leader.

“Mujahideen fighters will force them to test the pain of the bullets.”

Kenyan government spokesman Alfred Mutua said Sunday that its troops had entered southern Somalia to fight the Shebab, who it says are responsible for attacks on its territory, including the recent kidnapping four foreigners.

In response, the Shebab called on Somalis to rally and attack the Kenyan troops.

“I call on all Somalis to stand united against this blood-thirsty enemy that has crossed into our territories and the apostate Somali militants helping them,” Turki added.

So Turki is a nationalist now ,,, eh ??

nuune   

One thing for sure, a Kenyan soldier can't fight, we all know that, let them come in, I really feel sorry for them, cuz I know for sure and many people know it, they are not made to fight, I have many incidents with Kenya soldiers where even their guns were taken down by Somalis or shufta who were armed with knives, this is as recent as few yrs back.