Sign in to follow this  
Dabrow

Kenya invades Somalia

Waa markee dalkaas Ingiriiska ugu wanqalay Kiinya gacangali jireen. NFD ay xoogga ku hestaan ku filnaan weysay filaa. Inay kusoo jabi doonaan xad beenaadkaan ay ka talaabsadeen waa ogahay, but how badly ka sugeynaa. Masaakiinta Soomaalida Nayroobi ku nool iyo ganacsigooda ka aar gudan doonaan markaasna.

Abtigiis   

GoldCoast;752075 wrote:
The shortsightedness of some of the better observers on here is stunning. Surely you are not attempting to make the argument that Kenya is pursuing its national interest here. This incursion has all the fingerprints of American direction here. ....BTW its just a coincidence the Kenyan defense minister is the kinsmen of the Azanian Professor lol, right?

I am stunned this is coming from some of those I thought are wise. Let us not put too many issues into one sentence. If you are saying, this invasion is sanctioned by the CIA, then I would ask what is wrong with that? Have we not all been weeping a week or so ago for the students massacred by Alshabab in Mogadishu? Someone needs to end this carnage, and infringement on already non-existent soverignity is a small price to pay. What sovernignty are somalis here, che included, feigning when Museveni's commander is the one who delivers 'you must leave urgently' message to their Prime Minister (Farmajo)? Let us no pretend there is a sovergnity to keep in Somalia today. We all know the situation and if people are genuine about national pride and territorial integrity, they should welcome anything that crushes Alshabab. CIA encroachment, Kenyana invasion,Amisiom occupation are all the necessary evil in the current context of Somalia. Reclamation of national sovergnity and independence is what will follow the end of Alshabab, it is not what precedes it.

The second thing is if this is the work of the US, then where does the Azania think come in? Didn't we read the US opposes this project in one of the Wikileaks reports? And also, is Azania really worse than Alshababa? No Azania should be allowed to come out of this, but if it does, i believe it is going to be better than Alshabab. It might be a necessary evil too, but I pray to God it doesn't.

Having said so, I have been reading Kenyan newspapers and watched the local TVs and I must say, at times, I felt like impulsively wishing Alshabab rout them. The ABC of xenophobia is starting here and when you have the Daily Nation saying "Kenya is attacked by people it feeds, it clothes and it treats", you feel like throwing expletives. One other writer was saying the Somalis fear Ethiopia because it knocks doen them at the slighest provocation. Wax qashin ah oo cudqad raagtay oo inferiority complex ka dhalatay oo Somali ay u qabaan ayey malmaluuqaan. But, waxa halkaa ina dhigay waa Alshabab, inaan iska qabano mooyaane, cidna iskama celin karo. We cannot partake in global politics when we have a militant terrorist group in our backyard. First things fist people!

Jacphar, adiga kismaayaa rer-hebel qaaan bay kuu joogtaa wali. :D :D War reerkii dooni ha qaatee qaranimada dalka iyo amaanu inuu soo noqdo taageer. Afterall, Mahiga's bottom-up approach miyuuna aheyn kaan Xinnfanin isku diidaneneeyn. I believe maamul-goboleedyada qabaailada loo samaynayaa inay qaldantay, and it is this principle that guides my opposition to the dark professor of Azania.

Thankful   

No matter what anyone says. Al Shabaab just slaughtered their own people, simply because they wanted a chance at education.

I think Al Shabaab's barbaric and inhumane attack on young teens and their parents was the last straw among our people back home. Our people have completely seen what Al Shabaab's agenda is and what they think of Somali blood.

Just like the citizens are rallying around the AU and TFG forces in Mogadishu who attacked and kicked out Al Shabaab. I believe the same will be done here.

Well atleast those that lost love ones during Al Shabaab reign of terror will be against them, that's for sure.

N.O.R.F   

Che -Guevara;752135 wrote:
The excuses people make for invaders-I guess when it's not sisters getting raped, it is ALL OK.

Just like the excuses you were makig for AS?

At the end of the day its not a big surprise neither is it something many Somalis don't support. The reason is AS and what they have done to their own people. The short sightedness of some of the nomads is a tad surprising. This is the real world people. Forget about all of the nationalistic nonsense. At least try to understand Kenya's security is at stake hence the invasion. I doubt it will last long.

Spare me Norf-you opposed Ethios and now clap for Kenyans. At-least stay consistent.

This is manufactured conflict. Kenya's security was not stake even when they were training tribal militias in the name of Azania across the border.

N.O.R.F   

^I don’t entertain hyperbole. My explanation is on this thread.

Every action has a reaction. At least acknowledge that. Even if Kenya’s security was not at stake the actions by AS or whoever gave them an excuse. I choose not to wear the blinkers.

In fact, the actions by AS or whoever has given the world an excuse to enter Somalia and defeat AS.

^What actions by AS?

Kenya has presented no shred of evidence to indicate AS is responsible for the recent string of attacks. Your strong hate for AS seem to be have predispose to believe anything that you think will lead to their demise.

N.O.R.F   

^Note the words 'or whoever'.

Having said that, whatever excuse conjured up doesn't matter to me as long as AS are dealt with.

Trust you to focus on the insignificant rather than the larger issue :)

^No FOREIGN FORCE will defeat AS and 20 years of foriegn intervention has not solved anything but Kenya is welcomed to experience what Yanks and Tigrays have. Unlike our mortal enemy Ethiopia, Kenya has lot to lose.

N.O.R.F   

^But none of that MATTERS.

What MATTERS is:

1. Somalis have done 3 cross border raids/kidnaps in Kenya (AS/Pirates)

2. Kenya has gone across the border to find them and eliminate them (security measures).

3. Point 2 can only be expected (are you really surprised?).

If you think they're wrong to pursue them in Somali territory tell me why. Naga daa inta kale.

Cross border..?

Where are the kidnapped held? No one actually has an idea, such easy thing to say they are in Somalia. Where in Somalia?

loool@pirates, come on now, surely you can't be mouthpiece for Western interest.

Yes, Kenya can take security and complicate the Somali situation but its economy will pay the price.