Sign in to follow this  
Ms MoOns

Dark Girls

Malika   

I can relate to these women - I remember these nasty old women asking if I was also my mothers daughter - just cause I was darker than the rest...interesting I still remember that..

Kool_Kat   

^Malika, unfortunately with me is it the other way around! :( I hate when they jokingly say 'the milk man'! WTF...Shidh like that ain't a joke, but they don't see how they're disrespect me and most of all my mom...

Taleexi, waa maxay yeeysan uuraysantaa sheegeyso? Hadaad mid madow rabto, waa inaad ku boobsiisaa siduu midabkeeda saxda ah usoo baxo nooh! Istaaqfurulaah.

Taleexi   

Malika;723575 wrote:
I can relate to these women - I remember nasty old women asking if I was also my mothers daughter - just cause I was darker then the rest...interesting I still remember that..

I hear your sentiments lol

Blessed   

Funny, every light skinned girl I know thinks she's the ONLY natural girl in town.

LOL. Malika I used to get that about my hair-- Naa inantu timaha xagay ka keentay. LOL. It wasn't nice being the only jareeray in the family-- until I discovered hot irons.... :D

Ms MoOns   

That child descriping the images – what on earth is she being exposed to? SubhanAllah.

@ Blessed: I was absolutely shocked, that she felt that way. It's just sad walahi.

Meisje...........heb jij lagn zacht haar? of ben jij een krullebol?

@Showqi: Heb je het tegen mij? lol. Waarom wil je dat weten?

ps: did you know somali ladies use laser treatment? waa arin igu cusub anigu koleyba

@ Juxa: I'm not surprised. Some would do anything to ''keep up''...

Are there any dark Somali women out there nowadays? Waa horaa iigu dambeysay gabar madow oo Soomaali ah inaan arko...

@ KK: When you say 'madow', how dark are you talking about? :P Just curious, am just wondering when people say she's darkskinned, would you consider someone who's brown-ish but yet not lightskinned as madow? I don't understand the definition anymore, seems like everyone gives its own meaning to it.

I wonder if Somali men think like that dude in the video who only preferred lightskinned girls, because he's also light coloured.

Aaliyyah   

Blame the media for encouraging one image..you gotta be light tall slim blah blah..everyone wants to meet that perspective.

Nin baa somalia aaday ba layidhi wuxu yidhi gabadhahn is cadeeya ma rabo..he found out those back home also use those creams to make themselves look light LOL..

salaam

Malika   

:D @ Blessing

KK - I know, but strangely its acceptable for people to comment on each other in such a manner!. I find it to be rude - even worse those whom feel the need to tell you if you have gained or lost weight..lol - waan laa yabaa dadku!

Ms MoOns   

I know, but strangely its acceptable for people to comment on each other in such a manner!. I find it to be rude

@ Malika: I feel ya. I was with my dad and sister the other day, and we run into a friend of my father. He said, are these your two daughters? Then he looked at the both of us, and said looking at me, I see (as if it was a bad thing) ... hooyadeed maraacin. I just looked at him with one eyebrow raised, as in what are you suggesting here? I find that very rude. Keep comments like that to yourself.

Showqi   

Ms MoOns;723587 wrote:

@Showqi: Heb je het tegen mij? lol. Waarom wil je dat weten?

Ms MoOns, nee ik had niet tegen jouw letterlijk,:D maar ik wou zeggen dat tegenwoordig iedereen draagt iets dat is nep. ha noqoto timo bruko ah, ciddiyo dukaanka laga soo gatay ama de kleur van je huid oo la badalo.

A_Khadar   

lol.. About somalis' comments, I will say, you ain't seen nothing unless you go back to visit somalia and see how people talk/comment to/on each other. It's normal as culture but you either never seen somalia or you all forget about these..

Remember these nicknames and they still are used even those in the west among somalis.. "Jeeri, iley, lugey, boonbale, curyaan, madaxey, ilka dheere, dhuxulow, caato, dhagool, etc"...