Sign in to follow this  
Ms MoOns

Dark Girls

Showqi   

A_Khadar;723629 wrote:
lol.. About somalis' comments, I will say, you ain't seen nothing unless you go back to visit somalia and see how people talk/comment to/on each other. It's normal as culture but you either never seen somalia or you all forget about these..

Remember these nicknames and they still are used even those in the west among somalis.. "Jeeri, iley, lugey, boonbale, curyaan, madaxey, ilka dheere, dhuxulow, caato, dhagool, etc"...

Loooool @ boonbale, ilka dheere iyo dhuxulow..............Lol

Taleexi haa waa Dutch

Chimera   

Skin pigmentation is not an issue, I've seen dark-skinned Somali girls that eclipsed(no pun lol) their light-skinned Somali sisters many times over. Its all about facial features; the eyes, the smile, the hair-type(me love long curly hair). Same with guys, Black Michael Jackson sold 50 million albums with Thriller, White Michael Jackson sold considerably less despite the quality in great music being the same.

One shouldn't underestimate the effect pop culture has on kids, including Somali kids. Its good to have them play with hijabified dolls of brown-skinned barbies(in the case of girls).

Allah made everyone into different colours and races. It really shouldn't even be a topic for discussion. You are who Allah made you, accept it and stop crying would be my message to those women. If they want to do something about what the media is pushing and/or the prevailing cultural ideals being pushed by certain groups of society go ahead. African people, that is those from Africa, tend to have less of an issue with their identity, their colour, their hair and so forth. If they feel they are too black to be beautiful in a white country they can move to Africa; problem solved.

dark skin is ugly on naago, lets just admit that. if i see dark girl, i say the shahaada and run the other way.

i say, there is nothing wrong with woman makin themselves beautiful n attractive, if that means enhancing ur breasts or using lightning cream. go for it ladies.

Som@li   

I believe it is more to do with media and generalization of what is beauty, this not a problem isolated to African girls, but more to the world.

While white girls before they marry do tanning and want to be a little brown, in India, and some parts of Asia, spend months indoor, so they get white complexion.

The other part of believing "Dark Skin" is ugly also came from colonials, who believed and told their colonies, servants, that they are greater. I even read somewhere they used to teach in America as late as 1950s, that black is less intelligent , less evolved than whites.

I agree with Bless, it is more having a nice feature, physical beauty is nothing to do with skin color. and some of the girls in the video have very good feature.

Ms MoOns;723598 wrote:
@ Malika: I feel ya. I was with my dad and sister the other day, and we run into a friend of my father. He said, are these your two daughters? Then he looked at the both of us, and said looking at me, I see (as if it was a bad thing) ... hooyadeed maraacin. I just looked at him with one eyebrow raised, as in what are you suggesting here? I find that very rude. Keep comments like that to yourself.

^You shouldn't take it literally, maybe he was implying that your mother is a very beautiful woman. :)

Aaliyyah   

lol@ maybe he was implying that your mother is a very beautiful woman....it is so cute the way u are trying to explain what he means! I mean that is exactly how she understood it LOL