Sign in to follow this  
The Zack

Somalilander or Not a Somalilander?

A_Khadar   
Referendum in all somalis every corner including NFD, Og, dJabuti, s/l and south. For sure, union will prevail and all somalis will unite and live happily ever after.. howe about this?

Saalax   

Xaaji Xunjuf;721585 wrote:
Referendum in Somaliland is a thing we should all welcome From lawyacade all the way to yoocade.

Indeed. A referendrum only for the people who lived in Ex British Somaliland(Present day Somaliland) pre 1960 borders before the dark reunion with the South.

A_Khadar;721587 wrote:
Referendum in all somalis every corner including NFD, Og, dJabuti, s/l and south. For sure, union will prevail and all somalis will unite and live happily ever after.. howe about this?

lool

Jacpher   

Somaliland is no holier than any other region of this tiny nation of ten million. If SL is gonna break away from Somalia, why can't SSC, Awdal, break away from SL? mise wuxu waxaa one way street.

Some of you look at the topic as if SL is a country of its own. The fact remains Hargeysa is not different than Hobyo, both Somali cities.

Saalax   

Djbouti city is also a somali city, so is Ali Sabah. That is like saying what is the difference between Hobyo & Ali Sabah. Well you need to cross a different border to enter the territory controlled by the respective sides with your little visa/passport or whatever it is either Sland or Djib.

Taleexi   

OdaySomali;721549 wrote:

However, if Somaliland agrees with SSC & co, to have a united and independent 'Somaliland' on the condition of eventual long term re-integration with Somalia [once it is at peace and it has a stable political system] so that in the mean time ALL the local people up north can live together in peace and experience development and stability knowing that 'Somali unity', fickle though may it be, is not lost. Puntland and Somaliland and Somalia, in that context, IMO, ay iskaashan karaan. Several assumptions underly this hypothetical situation and with all things being equal and presumptions being true, I think this would be the ideal situation in which war is averted and neither camp 'loses face'. Am I being to idealistic.

Nicely put yaa OdaySomali. And I may be a guilt of calling you; yeah! you are a bit too idealistic in here. I could be bias because unlike many here I'm a staunch pragmatist. Putting kaftanka aside, Yaynaan milil dushii dhayin. Sida aynu wada ognahay markay Somaliya bururtay, oo ay sidii wuxuushtii isu cuntay, beel waliba waxay u hayaantay to their homelands. Let me be assertive and to the point here and address the sub conflict of the northern clans. In order to avert all out war in the region it is up to the players of the conflict indeed, it takes two to play tango. As you hinted let us divide the parties at the conflict into two camps. Awdal, SSC, and Maakhir (Unionist block) on one side and Somaliland (the secessionist block) on the other. Hence, these opposing views do exist in the north. For argument's sake, let us halt/ignore what other Somalis think about this, at least for this moment.

First, in case you do not know there is an active war ongoing in the enclave perpetuated by SL against some regions in the north namely SSC. In order peace be given a chance and negotiations kick off. This hostility has to cease without condition. SL militia, they ought to go back to their homes. This should be the start point. Secondly, SL’s would-be talking points should be revisited and polished. Meaning, they should come to the discussion table as stakeholders with goodwill not as guardians for others in the territory. Thirdly, the unionist block has to respect the wishes of their brethren in the region. They've to foster trade, confidence building and other traditional familial ties among communities. And tone down the unproductive mantra of tola'ayey. Once the supply chain is strengthened be might economic front, security or other common interests I'm sure people would want to talk and preserve the peace and would want to coexist and cohabit.

Finally, the fever of secession and union should be treated as such "don't ask, don't tell" policy at least for now -- I say if it saves lives why not--. One should keep them into their heart until healthy communities that are sane which can make concessions and compromise emerge. In my personal view, the ball is in SL's court and, they ought to make the first move if peace is their priority otherwise God forbid all I see in the horizon is many people going to hell in flocks.

Jacpher;721591 wrote:
Somaliland is no holier than any other region of this tiny nation of ten million. If SL is gonna break away from Somalia, why can't SSC, Awdal, break away from SL? mise wuxu waxaa one way street.

Some of you look at the topic as if SL is a country of its own. The fact remains Hargeysa is not different than Hobyo, both Somali cities.

I would think their basis goes back to the union.

Aaliyyah   

Aaliyah,

If we are all objective about this, the people of SL and those of ssc have lived peacefully side by side for years and I don't really doubt that they can do that again. I believe the differences can be corrected if they start having common goal. It all depends on how this secession dream is solved. Obviously, SL needs to have ssc on board to even have a long shot for recognition.

lol@ common goal? common goalku xaguu jooga mesha common goal ma yaalo... SSC somaliywan bay rabta in ay waxooda ku darsadaan xaqaasna way leeyihin cidnana ma waydiisanayaan....SL in ay go'do bay rabtaa...mesha common goal ma yaalo! ee qofwalbow intaada ku joog weeye..and if SL needs to have SSC on board as you put it..no one walahi gives abt that. They better find another alternative to find their so called recognition sababto ah wax xaqooda aheen ma helayaan haday khasab meshu timaado say hada khasab mesha u haystaana (reer walba dad bay leyihiin magaloyinkooda way u dagalami)

mesha wax kale ma yaaliin.

salaam

Aaliyyah   

Jacphar, well put.

Taleexi   

OdaySomali;721606 wrote:
I would think their basis goes back to the union.

And that is a wrong, defunct idea for entertaining.

Saalax;721595 wrote:
Djbouti city is also a somali city, so is Ali Sabah. That is like saying what is the difference between Hobyo & Ali Sabah. Well you need to cross a different border to enter the territory controlled by the respective sides with your little visa/passport or whatever it is either Sland or Djib.

excellent point

Saalax   

1 thing might i add we all know what happened to that ex USC warlord Cusmaan Cato when he was a MP in the TFG he arrived in Hargeysa and though it was part of Somalia mamuul ku sheegayada TFG & TNG and he wouldn't be deported lol. Maxa ka racay he was straight away deported by the Interior minister of Somaliland - Ismail Yare at that time. Making it clear we mean it business and we don't mess about.