Sign in to follow this  
The Zack

Somalilander or Not a Somalilander?

Liibaan   

Saalax;721444 wrote:
Somaliland doesn't neeed Somalia. The divorce was bound to happen sooner or later.

Awdal and SSC Regions don't need So-called Somaliland, If Somalia is divisible , So is the territories of former British Somali colony.

The Zack   

Aaliyah has raised some good points here (even though she sounds angry somehow). Let me ask SOL Somalilanders this question and I think it is a fair question.

You guys are saying that Somalilannd chose to secede from the rest of the country, why are you folks against if SSC want to secede from Somaliland?

Question for the SSCers: Why not give Somaliland the benefit of doubt of Somalilnimo and work with them? After all we are all looking for peace and prosperity for our regions, right?

Saalax   

'Liibaan' first of all you don't speak for Awdal. Secondly i welcome a referendrum in the near future where you can have the opportunity to vote for your areas to stay with Somalia or Somaliland. If you perfer being ruled from Mogadishu which is 714 km away from your ancestral lands rather than Hargeisa which is 334 km away.

Valenteenah.;721368 wrote:
From the responses in this thread, if a referendum on secession was undertaken today in NW Somalia, another civil war would probably breakout in the area regardless of the result.

That is what I initially thought but that need not necessarily be the case and it is in their hands if they want to avert possible war; that is, if the different camps are willing to make and take concessions and sacrifice.

The situation here is quite simple. Somaliland (the people who support it) wants recognition and de-jure independence and it currently has neither. SSC/pro-union (its supporters) want Somaliland to be remain 'part' of Somalia which is re-integrated/part of the Transitional Federal Government, though little comes under it even now, or a future federal government. If either party were to win the referendum it would change little on the ground unless (a) both parties accept the result and (b) external players accept the result. Neither party is likely to concede defeat and this may, depending on b, mean (a) a return to the siuation that prevails now if Somalia at that moment is still without a government and (b) possible all-out war between Somaliland and Somalia.

However, if Somaliland agrees with SSC & co, to have a united and independent 'Somaliland' on the condition of eventual long term re-integration with Somalia [once it is at peace and it has a stable political system] so that in the mean time ALL the local people up north can live together in peace and experience development and stability knowing that 'Somali unity', fickle though may it be, is not lost. Puntland and Somaliland and Somalia, in that context, IMO, ay iskaashan karaan. Several assumptions underly this hypothetical situation and with all things being equal and presumptions being true, I think this would be the ideal situation in which war is averted and neither camp 'loses face'. Am I being to idealistic.

Aaliyyah   

Zack angry aa? shekadi angry bari hore bay ka tagtay..way iga dhan tahay hada lol...khaati alle baan joogna.

n to answer your question how does one give the benefit of the doubt to someone who made their agenda clear which is that they want to do nothing with somalia..

n xita haday somalinimo aminsanyihiin markasta magaloyinkeega waa in aan u madax banaanada ...sababta aan u hoos imanayo somaliland ii sheeg?

SSC/ puntland/somaliland...arimahooda khoseesa magaloyinkooda wa in ay u madax bananadaan kadibna somalinimo umada somaliyeed wax kula wada qabsadaan..

kii somalinimo ka maarmayana saan horay u idhi yaa wax ku falaya...

somaliweyn iyo in la isku duubnaado soomaali oo dhan ayeey faaido u tahay laakin haday dad aragti leeyihiin oo ah in ay go'aan taasi wa meshooda..dadka kale uun yeey sanka kaga marmarin oo ku khasbin..saan 1000 times before u idhi..isku KOOBA!

salaam

A_Khadar   

lol...khaati alle baan joogna.

:D:D:D Kuwaan yasan dhiig kar kugu ridin adigoon da' noqone.. U goo. Waa kuwo qandhan ah badidoodu..

Saalax;721508 wrote:
'Liibaan' first of all you don't speak for Awdal. Secondly i welcome a referendrum in the near future where you can have the opportunity to vote for your areas to stay with Somalia or Somaliland. If you perfer being ruled from Mogadishu which is 714 km away from your ancestral lands rather than Hargeisa which is 334 km away.

He rather be ruled from a Destroyed Mogadisho then be ruled from Hargeisa the Home of all Somalilanders , i just know one thing it's cuqdad towards Some Somaliland clans

A_Khadar   

Xaaji Xunjuf;721559 wrote:
He rather be ruled from a Destroyed Mogadisho then be ruled from Hargeisa the Home of all Somalilanders , i just know one thing it's cuqdad towards Some Somaliland clans

I rather be ruled from where all somalis united regardless of their clan and people can simply reconcile instead of creating mini state made out of emotion and angry. A city with full of Ciil iyo cuqdad and every where you turn, you hear, "F****sh" did this and did that.. Anint want live and have anything to do with that kind of city. Give a credit to that ruin city of Muqdisho, with its current lawlessness, you won't feel foreigner no matter which region of Somalia you're from, but Hargaysa, Buro and the mini tulloos in between, all you hear is clan names left to right..

<O:p</O:pWhy emphasizing more that Hargaysa is the home for all somalilanders but muqdisho can't be home of all somalis including hargaysawis.. <O:p</O:p

The Zack   

Let's continue to have civil discussion as we have been. Xaaji bootada jooji nobody should be ruled by nobody.

Aaliyah,

If we are all objective about this, the people of SL and those of ssc have lived peacefully side by side for years and I don't really doubt that they can do that again. I believe the differences can be corrected if they start having common goal. It all depends on how this secession dream is solved. Obviously, SL needs to have ssc on board to even have a long shot for recognition.

A_Khadar;721567 wrote:
I rather be ruled from where all somalis united regardless of their clan and people can simply reconcile instead of creating mini state made out of emotion and angry. A city with full of Ciil iyo cuqdad and every where you turn, you hear, "F****sh" did this and did that.. Anint want live and have anything to do with that kind of city. Give a credit to that ruin city of Muqdisho, with its current lawlessness, you won't feel foreigner no matter which region of Somalia you're from, but Hargaysa, Buro and the mini tulloos in between, all you hear is clan names left to right..

<O:p</O:p
Why emphasizing more that Hargaysa is the home for all somalilanders but muqdisho can't be home of all somalis including hargaysawis..
<O:p</O:p

Somalis never united in Mogadisho NFD people never united with Mogadisho Djibouti People never united with Mogadisho Somaligians from Ethiopia never united with xamar. Somalilanders withdrew from Mogadisho Union Mogadisho became the home of one clan , one clan took your houses and chased your entire clan all the way to the jungles of kenya till the day of today they still own majority of the property that once belonged to you Yeah indeed you are very much welcome there Somaliland former president was an nss officer and ruled Hargeysa for 8 years hs interior Minister was Called Faqsh and that was his nick.