Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

Hair tips..

-Lily-   

Aaliya, all this seems like too much work. Whatever happend to wash and go? Or a trip to the salon?

Aaliyyah   

You are most wlc Nina Fox..

Lily, lol sis it is not tht bad. It is all abt managing one's time and you know u can go to the salon but that's once in a while right? or do u guys go to the salon all the time? I am too broke to do that lol and money doesnt grow on tree around here heheh joking...anyhow, jokes aside I dnt go to the salon unless im attending a party lol..bt still, even if you are the kinda person who goes to the salon all the time u need to find ways to take care of your hair the days ur not going to a salon..

But, honestly I find it more fun and maybe thats why it doesnt seem like too much work lol...But, then again my hair is too curly and buffy n if I leave it on its own (ppl would think i had a crazy hair day LOL)..So, maybe some of you have indian hair and u can wash n go..hahah

salaam

Ms MoOns   

loooll @ Indian hair .. would make a lot of things easier.

Haha, I think we have same hairstyle, curly and always buffy :/

Hmm maybe the guys should open a thread called "how to make u'r gadh(gar, dee timaha gafuurka ka soo baxa) look pretty" :)

Kolay reer SOL wax gar leh, Oba oo naga maqan aayamahan uun baa leh baan is idhi, nevertheless waa arin fadhigeeda leh.

Aaliyyah   

Ms moons lol you are right most somalis have that kinda hair. Thanks for making me feel better about my hair! :P

salaam

Aaliyyah   

Natural Hair Care Recipes That Add Volume And Strength To Your Hair

By Biljana Drake

Natural hair care is what you need to turn to if your hair has been excessively dyes, bleached, or damaged in any way.

Before you start making some of these natural hair care products, consider these hair care tips:

Make sure you are using the right shampoo. Always get a shampoo that is suited for your hair type. A shampoo for dry hair might smell better, but it doesn't mean that it will fit your hair's needs.

Change the shampoo often. Hair gets immune to a certain shampoo if the shampoo has been used for too long. Try a new one, see if you notice any changes.

Apply the hair packs and balms once or twice a week. The more nourishment you provide, the more heathy the hair will be.

Avoid using a hair dryer. It makes the hair brittle and dries the scalp out which may lead to dendruff.

Trim your hair regularly. Remove the damaged ends.

Combined with homemade hair conditioners that are prepared within minutes, the effects that you will get will be multiplied.

Banana hair pack

Ingredients:

1/2 banana

1 tablespoon of lemon juice

1 tablespoon of honey

Mash until creamy. Hair has to be dry to do this. Leave it on your hair and wash out after 20 minutes. After that, use a shampoo.

Milk based Hair Balm

It is simple as this: after you wash your hair, wash it with some milk and leave on for about 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water. It helps bring back the softness and natural shine.

Sour Cream Hair Pack

Ingredients:

2 teaspoons of sour-cream

1/2 teaspoon of wheat germ oil

1 tablespoon lemon juice

Mix it all together, apply to hair and rinse off after 10-15 minutes.

Olive oil for shiny hair

Ingredients:

1 teaspoon of olive oil

1 egg

Mix the two and apply on hair. Leave it on for about 10 minutes and wash off using warm water, then shampoo.

Egg white for oily hair

1 egg white (more if your hair is thick or long).

Beat the egg and simply apply on dry hair. Leave it on until it is dry and crusty. Wash off with warm water and shampoo. Doing this a couple of times a week will help reduce the oiliness and remove the excess oil.

Hair pack for damaged hair

Ingredients

Juice from freshly squeezed lemon

2 egg yolks

1 egg white

1 tablespoon of honey.

Mix all the ingredients, apply on hair and let it rest for 10 minutes. After that, shampoo and rinse off.

For soft and silky hair

Ingredients

3 tablespoons of olive oil

2 tablespoons of honey

Mix it all well, apply on hair. Wrap the hair with a towel or shower cap and let it rest for 15 minutes. Shampoo and rinse the hair.

Increase hair volume

Ingredients

1 tablespoon of vinegar

1 tablespoon of honey

1/2 cup of warm water

Spray bottle - pharmacy stores usually sell them for a couple of dollars, get a smaller one.

Mix the ingredients in a bottle and shake well

After you wash the hair with shampoo, let it dry a bit.

When it is damp, spray the mix you have prepared.

Massage the scalp so the liquid gets absorbed better

Don't rinse the hair off, simply let it dry

For shiny and soft hair

Ingredients

1 tablespoon of coconut oil

3 tablespoons of sour cream

Mix the ingredients and apply them on hair.

Wrap a towel around it and let it rest for 30 minutes

Shampoo and rinse off well

Grease control

There is a simple way to get rid of greasy hair.

Every time you shampoo your hair, mix a little bit of freshly squeezed lemon juice in. Shake the bottle well (you could use a smaller bottle for this purpose) and shampoo the hair. Rinse off well.

This way, you will control the oiliness of the scalp and also, if you have blondish hair, you will actually help keep it light longer.

Biljana Drake is an avid collector of homemade skin care recipes. For more great skin care tips, facial masks recipes, homemade remedies, visit her website http://www.skin-care-recipes-and-remedies.com.

Hello,

Didn't read the whole thread so don't know if it was discussed - but what do you guys do about product build up? I have recently switched to a new shampoo that made my hair oily & flaky - and when I switched back to my stable 'Head and Shoulders' it did nothing for it. I'm at my wits end and I need help.

I did some googling and it said to use clarifying shampoo - do you guys use it and which ones do you recommend?

All other tips are welcome! BTW, I have thick, Thick, THICK hair. A crazy afro.

Aaliyyah   

^I don't use it, so try to use what they recommended and see hw it goes. Sorry for being not much help :(

more videos I came across, I hope you guys like them

Aaliyyah   

^lol@ maba laha! good luck!

Femme, today I went to buy my shampoo and conditioner (n I always use garnier fructis and it leaves my hair soft and manageable love it)..bt i looked thru the shampoos and I saw one that says Tresemme for hair professionals and it said on it removes buildups..so maybe u would wanna buy it..hope that helps lol..

salaam

Aaliyyah   

Femme, I found it online the product review check it out inshallah,

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=61105/Vitamin_C_Deep_Cleansing_Shampoo/TRESemme/Shampoo

From the look of it, most of them think it cleans their hair from the build ups, bt that it dries the hair! so maybe u would wanna use it to clean your hair from the build ups bt shouldnt be using it on continuous basis..

salaam

A_Khadar   

Taleexi;736448 wrote:
Nasiib wanaag taanu hadda isla wadno timaheedu issue ma aha saa maba lahee.

;);) War ma kaa dhabaa?

A_Khadar   

Aaliyyah;736483 wrote:
^lol@ maba laha! good luck!

Femme, today I went to buy my shampoo and conditioner (n I always use garnier fructis and it leaves my hair soft and manageable love it)..bt i looked thru the shampoos and I saw one that says Tresemme for hair professionals and it said on
it removes buildups
..so maybe u would wanna buy it..hope that helps lol..

salaam

Alliya bal halkaa ku celi about it removes buildups.. what is that buildups..