Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

Hair tips..

Narniah   

I'm not really an expert when it comes to hair but this is a little bit of something I do for mine.

One product I love putting on my hair is ' Pantene nature fusion' leave in conditioner'. I have been using this now consistently for almost 2 and a half years.They come in two bottles, one is moisture rich and the other Smooths the hair leaving it silky soft. I usually use both but I use the moisture rich more cause my hair needs the moisture. I would recommend both!

I do my normal shampooing conditioning in the shower. After I'm out before combing or anything I apply my pantene leave in conditioner directly to my hair and then the fun begings!:P Combing/brushing is a breeezeee! It detangles my hair leaving it unbelievably smooth. Because it leaves my hair so conditioned I don't really use anything else.

When I comb my hair everyday I apply it once a day as well. I usually just need a lil dab run it all over my ends and all over that's all.

Here is something new I tried recently:

Olive oil is soo good for you! I left it in my hair for an hour and I loved how smooth & shiny it left my hair. But I haven't done it again I need to do it more often.:)

Carafaat   

Thanks for the video and advise, will sure use olive oil for my hair. :D

Its so difficult to know what to use for you hair and skin.

P.S. Aliyaah maybe you can open a skin tips thread.;)

Aaliyyah   

^Sorry guy dnt have any skin tips..ever since I was teenager ppl used to ask me why i dnt have pimples or anything lol (and I must say thats probably cuz im not the kind of person who buys million different kind of skin products ) dont know them and dnt care lol ..normal skin lotion that moisturisez the skin would do...dnt have preference at all!

by the way folks my hair has grown the last few months ohhhh my god im amazed...bt i dnt know what helped whether it was the castor oil or the garlic oil or every other thing i posted loool...so try it all is my 2 cents :P

salaam

Aaliyyah   

I actually did buy the main n tail conditioner..so who knows? maybe it was that, that helped my hair grow. It says on it that it is a conditioner that u can wash off or leave it on (as a leave- in conditioner) so sometimes i would put it in my hair and then braid it.

my 2 cents..

salaam

Narniah   

After reading much about the castor oil here and on you tube. I have finally given into it and decided to see if it works. I started using the castor oil after my hair has been cut below shoulder length. After applying the castor oil on my head for a month (once a week) my hair has grown a lot, like tremendously. To really see if castor oil works, I have taken pictures of the back of my hair and the pictures have amazed me. I am very happy with my results alhamdulilah, so I just wanted to share that with you all. I'm definitely gonna continue applying it on my hair, I also love how it smoothed my ends too. I can talk about this all day lol. Castor oil works!

This was pretty much my routine: (except I used the nature fusion leave in conditioner by pantene, and my castor oil).

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Miriam1   

Check out this youtube channel if you have 3c or 4a hair type.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kimmaytube?blend=1&ob=4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

I also like the CHI by Farouk hair line. I almost own all their products - best if you want to straighten your hair.

If you are looking for a new straightener - invest in the CHI - totally changed my life lol

Aaliyyah   

I actually need a new straightener..thanks hun for your tips!

Narniah thanks for your input as well. I kinda gave my hair a break lol..for a while!! but I need to get back on traack (gotta buy a new castar oil !!)

salaam

Chimera   

Castor oil is thick as hell, its like putting glue into your hair, and afterwards you need 15 blocks of soap just to get it out of your hands. Someone told me it would make your hair extra shiny but its tranforming my curls into a wavy straight disaster, causing me to look like some Sicilian mobster.

Aaliyyah   

^LOL. Actually it suppose to make your hair shiny and soft..it worked with me. But, thats after you wash it off..dont leave it in your hair obviously its so sticky......bt why dont you try the different types of gels...that should keep your hair shiny and curly!!..

Aaliyyah   

yeah stick to those gels.. I only use castor oil cuz it helps with hair growth. And, im dying for a long hair lol..otherwise, I wouldnt have used it its too sticky..

Narniah   

Chimera

Castor oil itself is soo thick, a lot people mix it with olive oil for easier application. I usually apply the castor oil on my scalp only after I shower on damp hair, and my ends. For the rest of my hair, I go a lil easy with the castor oil, I use more of my leave in conditioner. So I suggest you either mix your castor oil with any oil, like coconut/olive whatever you have or simply use leave in conditioner like me.

With castor oil a little goes a long way, just use a tiny bit and massage it through your hair (focusing on the scalp). I also put my hair in plaits as I have shown in the video above, this helps absorb the castor oil when you open your braids your hair doesn't get so oily and it shines so amazing after you undo them:)

Aliyah you need to get back in the game lol. I do mine after every shower, it's like a routine for me now.

Aaliyyah   

^ true after a while it becomes a routine. But, if you skip couple of days you kinda become lazy lol..better stick to it. Also, consider using coconut oil. It is great!

Aaliyyah   

Do any of you own FHI hair straightener and can actually compare it to the Chi? I tried to follow few videos on utube abt hair straighteners and everyone is like swearing by the FHI ( i was also thinking of getting the instyler but it seems it burns the hair cants have that)..

heres a video of a lady reviewing the FHI..any thoughts