Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Blogging from Islii

A_Khadar   

Che -Guevara;714634 wrote:
^the one in the picture, Royal Plaza,

We went there around 10.00 AM to get breakfast. The only option on the menu (there's no actual menu) was hilib. I mean Hilib so early. Apparently, beer was finished just before we came and other options (limited) were not appetizing. So we heckled the waiter ( a young man who walks fast but seems to be dragging one of his feet)for this lack of options and for serving just heavy hilib meal for breakfast. My friend heckled him in the past as well.

My friend came with the brilliant idea of writing a new menu. He asked the waiter for pen and paper. The waiter obliged and brought pen and paper. Half-way through, my friend thought it will even better idea to go to kitchen and deliver the message to the cook in person. Needless, the cook wasn't pleased. We moved away slowly and run into another gentleman whom the waiter was talking. I think the gentleman was from diasporo and owns the place. He might be in the one picture?

Naturally, being full of ourselves, we complained to him as well in which case, he said most Somalis prefer the hilib in the morning and in general. He said they had many options in the past but none sold. And then I came with the brilliant idea and told him why not teach them about breakfast meals. He was more reer magaal and entertained our bright ideas.....lool

Long story short, we ain't going back there. Never piss off people that handle your food.

Che- Sorry man u get pissed.. But many parts of Somalia specially NE, NW, N, and may be centeral (not sure) it's a norm people eat breakfast early morning around 6 or 7am and by 10/11 it's lunch, and by 6pm dinner.. So places like Bossaaso, you don't even get dinner by the maqrib time, restaurants are almost close or serving the last few customers. So could it be that this owner is serving such customers who are expecting lunch by 10am..

Today's blog: Islii in by-election fever

1305039316.jpg

Raila hits campaign trail in Kamukunji

NAIROBI, Kenya, May 10 - Prime Minister Raila Odinga hit the campaign trail on Tuesday afternoon in support of ODM's candidate for the Kamukunji Parliamentary seat
Ibrahim Ahmed

The PM, who was leading a team of ODM luminaries, drummed up support for Ahmed, popularly known as 'Johnnie', describing him as a hard working person who will bring needed change to the constituency.

"Two months ago, I was here with you and heard your grievances," Mr Odinga told a crowd at Muthurwa market. "I heard what you had to say about issues of sanitation and all that affect you here and I took action."

"Our friend here is a hardworking Kenyan who is going to take up from where I left and address all your grievances. Please vote for him."

He further called on residents to shun tribal alliances but rather to unite with a common goal of improving the development of the country.

"We want to see change taking place here in Kamukunji. There are people who are spreading propaganda about a grouping called KKK. Do you refuse this issue of KKK?" he asked.

The Kamukunji Parliamentary seat fell vacant after a successful petition by Johnnie that saw the nullification of Simon Mbugua's 2007 election.

Also present on the campaign trail was Budalang'i Member of Parliament Ababu Namwamba who praised Johnnie as the best candidate for the job.

"There are hyenas that have crept into the village. They have hunted all the sheep that are keen on developing the nation. They stole Johnnie's votes in 2007 and they are now roaming in Kamukunji to hoodwink you to return them to power. Do not be misled by them," he said.

The Budalang'i legislator further explained that a win by Johnnie in the May 23 by election would also bolster ODM's strength in the August House.

"We want you to vote for Johnnie so that the Prime Minister's soldiers can be increased in Parliament so that if they bring any problem, we whip them down," he stated.

Starehe Member of Parliament Bishop Margaret Wanjiru, on the other hand, described Johnnie as a hardworking person keen on bringing change in the area.

"The season of development has arrived. In all these years that have passed, you have been begging me to help you many times. Is that so? Now I am humbly coming to you requesting you to vote for Johnnie during the Kamukunji by-election," she stated.

The Assistant Minister stressed the need for focus to be put on leaders who are aware and take action on the plight of people within the constituency.

Other people in the campaign trail included Kasarani MP Elizabeth Ongoro, Former MP Reuben Ndolo and Acting Nairobi Mayor George Aladwa.

Large_10520117518_2.jpg

Campaign for PNU alliance candidate Mr. Yusuf Hassan Abdi for the Kamukunji by-election

09/05/2011

The Government has set aside Ksh. 3.7 billion towards rehabilitation of roads in Eastleigh area in Nairobi, Vice President Kalonzo Musyoka has said.

Mr. Musyoka said the document for the project was ready and work will soon commence.

He said the government is committed to improving infrastructure and security in order to make it a 24-hour business hub adding tat the project will also involve street lighting and drainage system.

The Vice President was speaking today when he led a day-long campaign for the Party of National Unity (PNU) alliance candidate for the Kamukunji by-election Mr. Yusuf Hassan Abdi.

Mr. Musyoka was accompanied by Defense Minister Yusuf Haji, MPs Ferdinand Waititu, Kiema Kilonzo, Mohammed Affey, David Ngugi, George Nyamweya, and former MP Dick Wathika among other local leaders.

The Vice President traversed the constituency and addressed several campaign meetings. Among the areas he addressed cheering PNU supporters included St. Teresa’s stage, Garrisa lodge, Kamukunji, Bama market, Eastleigh station and Machakos county bus station.

Mr. Musyoka urged the constituents to uphold peace and unity noting that after the election, they will remain as Kenyans.

He urged the electorate to vote for Mr. Abdi whom he described as the best option for the seat owing to his wide working experience both locally and internationally when he served the United Nations (UN).

Xigasho

The Zack   

What are the chances of the Somali candidate to win tolow? I see Yusuf Haji, the defense minister and Mohamed Affey on his side. The question is Somalidu ma is raacsan tahay, badankoodna ma codeyn karaan? Only time will tell, I guess.

The chances are if a Republican or a Democrat can win the American presidential race. Obviously. Same here. Labadaan Soomaali midkood helaayo. There are also two other Kenyaati candidates, but their chances of winning is remote. Very remote.

Yuusuf Xasan Cabdi u badantahay in uu helaayo, one because his tol is very influential here. And the second reason is that the other candidate, Ibraahin Axmed, made a heavy, blundering gaffe: Wuxuu yiri 'qaxootigaan' saraha iyo ganacsiga ka wada dhis dhistay Islii waa la wada celinaa. What he obviously forgot was that he was at a rally where the majority were Soomaali. Aad iyo aad loogu xumaaday when he made that comment in that speech and it was said waa loo faaruqeeye meesha, Soomaalidii badankooda ka wada tagay that rally.

The third reason waa ururka madaxweynaha Kibaaki ayaa wato Yuusuf. Ibraahin wuxuu ka socdaa ururka Ra'iila.

Today's pictorial blog:

30b23bk.jpg

mto1dv.jpg

Soomaalina ayaa maqaayad Islii ku taalo nagu wareerisee, waa kanaa hee mid kale. This one looks like very modern. Grand Royal restaurant la dhahaa.

N. B. - The pictures were taken on a mobile, marka sidaas clear uma aha.

The Zack   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;719474 wrote:
The chances are if a Republican or a Democrat can win the American presidential race. Obviously. Same here. Labadaan Soomaali midkood helaayo. There are also two other Kenyaati candidates, but their chances of winning is remote. Very remote.

Yuusuf Xasan Cabdi u badantahay in uu helaayo, one because his tol is very influential here. And the second reason is that the other candidate, Ibraahin Axmed, made a heavy, blundering gaffe: Wuxuu yiri 'qaxootigaan' saraha iyo ganacsiga ka wada dhis dhistay Islii waa la wada celinaa. What he obviously forgot was that he was at a rally where the majority were Soomaali. Aad iyo aad loogu xumaaday when he made that comment in that speech and it was said waa loo faaruqeeye meesha, Soomaalidii badankooda ka wada tagay that rally.

The third reason waa ururka madaxweynaha Kibaaki ayaa wato Yuusuf. Ibraahin wuxuu ka socdaa ururka Ra'iila.

I didn't know there were two Somali candidates running, I thought the other candidate was some other kenyan ethnic. Overall, thanks for the info!

The Zack   

Loooooooool@ilma adeer.. war ani qof aan ilma adeer nahay meesha ma sharaxno ee labo nin umbaan arkay one by the name of yusuf and the other by little johny.

Aaliyyah   

MMA yea the weather is beautiful mashallah ur missing out on a lot :D..and nah havent seen anythin dats privatized yet!..

so what u been up to in ISli? mesha ma business ba ka furatay lol. Mise aabe uun ka ducaysan :)

Somalina   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;719477 wrote:
Today's pictorial blog:

30b23bk.jpg

mto1dv.jpg

Soomaalina ayaa maqaayad Islii ku taalo nagu wareerisee, waa kanaa hee mid kale. This one looks like very modern. Grand Royal restaurant la dhahaa.

N. B. - The pictures were taken on a mobile, marka sidaas clear uma aha.

Thank you MMA for the pics.

Waxaan ku weydiinaa, what kind of a sandwich is that? fish n chips miyaa? Ma arko veggies at all (tomato is a fruit) and I aint suprised :D. Adiga miyaa cunaayey alaabtaas Miskiin?

p.s. Waa baaqdey xooga.

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;718439 wrote:
Valenteenah
, waa wareey, almost 20 sano Afrika moogantahay. Ar iskeen, dhulal Afrika kasii fog waaba tagtee. Kamoon, give a visit to Afrika this year or next.

Yup, it's been ages. Insha'Allah, I do plan to visit.