Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Blogging from Islii

bilan;713601 wrote:
Guys it not only Somali ladies who like this series, it was also translated into Arabic, I read once a man in Algeria divorced his wife because she fell in love with the lead actor.

Bilan anaaba aqaan dad Soomaali isku furay musasalkaasi, kedib markey ninka actor-ka jeclaatay................

^the one in the picture, Royal Plaza,

We went there around 10.00 AM to get breakfast. The only option on the menu (there's no actual menu) was hilib. I mean Hilib so early. Apparently, beer was finished just before we came and other options (limited) were not appetizing. So we heckled the waiter ( a young man who walks fast but seems to be dragging one of his feet)for this lack of options and for serving just heavy hilib meal for breakfast. My friend heckled him in the past as well.

My friend came with the brilliant idea of writing a new menu. He asked the waiter for pen and paper. The waiter obliged and brought pen and paper. Half-way through, my friend thought it will even better idea to go to kitchen and deliver the message to the cook in person. Needless, the cook wasn't pleased. We moved away slowly and run into another gentleman whom the waiter was talking. I think the gentleman was from diasporo and owns the place. He might be in the one picture?

Naturally, being full of ourselves, we complained to him as well in which case, he said most Somalis prefer the hilib in the morning and in general. He said they had many options in the past but none sold. And then I came with the brilliant idea and told him why not teach them about breakfast meals. He was more reer magaal and entertained our bright ideas.....lool

Long story short, we ain't going back there. Never piss off people that handle your food.

Somalina   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;714619 wrote:
Today's pictorial blog:

k2k7l4.jpg

vdjzip.jpg

Royal restaurant.

It is for Soomaalina again, iyadaa maqaayadaha iyo cuntooyinka Islii ka heshee.
046.gif

lol...taank yuu Aqiyaar! waa shaqeysatey, hoo nacnac! lol

Haddii cunto loo yaqaano alaabta miiskaas taala, opportunity fiican ayaa ka muuqata meesha. Taankiis Macruuf again, keep representing! :)

p.s. caloosha weyn meesha ka timid wey iska cadahay. :)

Malika   

^Are you a share holder in this restaurant..:P

Lol@ Che, you were expecting what toast,croissant, eggs of all type?

So much food that doesn't get eaten. What is it with us and bariis la daadiyo? The last meher in my family, we literally had to vacuum bariis off the walls. Guess mar mar gacanta iyo afku wey is waayaan. :D

Still, bariis iyo hilib makhaayad- yum yum. MMA waad ku raaxeysatey meesha.

Che, have you visited the refugee camps yet? I wanted to know what state the camps are in.

Today's blog: Trying to debate with a professional fadhi ku dirirto

The other day a middle-aged lady was visiting home. Sheekada see u socotay, inevitably, waxee isku badashay dagaalada Soomaaliya iyo xaalkeeda. Waxee bilowday Kismaayo reerkeyga (lafteyga) ayaa leh, and as long as it takes to liberate it, so be it. Her catch phrase was 'konton sano haddee qaadato, ha qaadato.' Reer hebelna waxaa ka necbahay maleh, yada yada yada.

Waa garteeda since, of course, hal ruux relative ah u deganeen meesha. All but one of her ciyaal Sweden u joogaan and wixii kale la dhashayna iyo hooyadeed Mareykanka jiraan. Iyadana nabadda Nayroobi ka jirto ku nooshahay.

Waxaa ku iri haddee dhab kaa tahay, oo run kaa tahay, konton sano iska dhaafee, adiga iyo ciyaalkaaga inaa Sweden kasoo kaxeysid dega meesha, soona xoreeya.

Dad ayaa ku rafaadsan meeshaas, so kama naxeysid iri, maxaa iga galay ahayd her short jawaab.

Dadkaas camal Soomaalida ku jiro, walina ku waano qaadan. dagaalada qurunkeeda. Aad iyo aad u kacsanayd qoftaas, ileen qabyaalada waa qurun qofka ku dhex jirana isogeyn.

MMA, 1992 ayaa iigu dambeysay, unfortunately. About time I visited, huh?

Caqli-xumo + qabyaalad = the lady in your blog. Those sorts of views are not exactly rare amongst our countrymen/women.