Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Somalilanders: The 2011 Census

Ibtisam   

Lol, walahi Somalis are just wali.com, waxa kasta wa jikaar iyo qasab. What is the big deal? If you dont agree then write what you wish maxad la cabadi, khadar can write SSC if it makes him happy, the idea is that if 10 people or even 1000 people write SSC it makes no difference- it is not statistical significant to write it and will be invalid data, so you will have better luck with a label that a large number of people will agree with (I heard something along the lines of 29000 or was it 39000 in order to be recorded).

Allow the long sheeko ciyaalo, iis maqiqa iska daaf. Plans are made not in clan names but Georgraphical segments, there is never going to be an MJ plan or HY plan or D town plan or ONLF plan.

nuune   

smileys.gif ii sheeg yaan Quraan saaraa.

Ps: Hope your project works out smoothly, but expect some difficulties as I mentioned in my first post in page one, dadkeenu waa wada paranoi, sharciga in laga ceshan bey moodayaan

Ibtisam   

Anigu I posted on SOL, sent it to my contacts and thats my part done.

Wax kasta or qalya quran saar. ;0

How do you feel so many emotions at once

A_Khadar   

*Ibtisam;692312 wrote:
khadar can write SSC if it makes him happy, the idea is that if 10 people or even 1000 people write SSC it makes no difference- it is not statistical significant to write it and will be invalid data, so you will have better luck with a label that a large number of people will agree with (I heard something along the lines of 29000 or was it 39000 in order to be recorded).

Good point Ibt so why not advocate for Somali instead of s/lander if it's a better label for a large number of people as you indicated. You sound a bit optimistic about the number s/landers in UK so let us see if they passed that significant benchmark and qualify the count.

Ibtisam   

Khadar, I dont need to advocate for the Somali lable, because we are already recorded as somali in the census as such since forever (including other foreigners who claimed Somali status) that figure is expected to rise to 250,000 this time around, we need a break down of it for the data to really mean anything. All we got from the last one was that more Somalis lived in certain areas and large number not living with immediate family units, huge contrast between young and old population, but not much else.

I dont think the people who are arguing have understood the point of a census let alone the opportunities we have in manipulating the data for our benefit. Bal horta before you start fighting, stop think and look beyond the label. We already own the Somali label- this is the qualify category.

Ibtisam   

Well I've looked at the questions and I went to one of the meetings, these places you can do this:

1) Somaliland as your country of birth, if that is the case (Question 9), (If you was born elsewhere write that country)

2) Somalilander as your national identity (Question 15), tick all that applys.

QUESTION 15 asks you to best describe your national identity. You can tick [√] British or more of the other boxes, as appropriate, in your case (Euro and Arab Somalis). After ticking British, to indicate your Somaliland national origin, tick [√] “Other” and then write in the box: SOMALILANDER spelling counts and all the form needs to be in CAPs otherwise it is void and wont count.

3) Some people are writing Somalilander as their ethnic group, I dont agree with this as it is not valid or true but if you are thats question question 16. Otherwise write Somali, please dont write African as the data gets too wide ranged and means nothing to us as community. To indicate your ethnic group, tick [√] again “Other” and then write in the box.

The Census is running from the 7th March tillt he 27th March and it is for everyone who IS in the UK during that period including temporary or illegal alians (even those staying in Hotels). They are being sent to all households, you can request extra or you can fill it out online.

British people LIVING outside the UK cannot take part.

Somalilanders: The 2011 Census

On 27th March 2011 all households in England and Wales will be asked to complete the 2011 Census forms. The Census results will be used by public bodies to plan their services to the public. It is important that the Census results reflect accurately the various communities that live in the British diverse society. That is why questions about national origin, ethnic origin, religion ect are included in the Census.

There is a campaign to make sure that you record and identify yourself as a Somalilander. The data generated from this census can be useful to us for the next 10years in terms statistical date and predictions for the future- particularly in areas of remittance, micro development, date on age, education and earnings of Somalilands and Diaspora lead development (or lack of them in the future).

There is a large community of Somalilanders in the UK and considering they make up to almost 60% of Somaliland's income it is vital and important for practical reason and for academic reasons that we know how many in numbers are here. The 2011 Census gives the Somalilanders an opportunity, please don't just tick the African box and leave it at that. I will post relevant information closer to the time. But for the time being for anyone interested West London Somaliland community is launching their campaign this weekend. Bringing together many organisations and other Somalilanders, including Boon Hirsi, Somaliland Ambassador to UK and representatives of the Somaliland political parties.

The campaign event will take place at: Uxbridge College (hayes Campus), College Way, Hayes, UB3 3BB and it will start at 5pm.

Give us feed back if you go.

God give me strength!!!

Tuujiye   

Ibti maxaa laga rabaa? kaalay qof kastoo u da'daalo what they believe in, ma in aan lugta ka jiidnaa?

This is nothing more than stats people!

gabarta iska dhaafa...

Ibti, odayaashaan ayaa haleeyay form kaan specially carabkaan somali isku sheega ah oo la baxay Ngonge...

Zack has problem with somalilanders because maqaayad kaste oo reer waqooyi ah uu bariis ka raadsado, dagaal ayuu ugala soo noqdaa..

example,

Zack: " Kibiyeeri maxaa yaalo?"

waiter: "dee weynu haynaa wax lacuno ee maxaad dooneysaa"

Zack: "wax jilic oo igu tar taraaxo ii keen calaashaan hilib jilic iyo bariis isbarmuutana soo raacsii"

Waiter: "jaw! wadhyee war maxaad leedahay? wadh anagu luqadan digaaga kuma hadalno! waadh yee!!"

Zack: "wah! adi maxaa ku daraay widaayoo? maraq kulul maa soo cabtay?"

Waiter: "wadh noogaga bax maqaaxida! ceynkaada nama soo galee!"

Zack: "naga taga balaayo haku gashee! hungiri isii nin ka xanaaqaayo! xira maqaayadaan....

Waiter: "wadh stubidh baad tahay! bax Somaliga soo baro"

Marka reer SL raali ka noqda walaalkee ee waa "ceyn kaa"...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Jacpher   

*Ibtisam;691149 wrote:
On 27th March 2011 all households in England and Wales will be asked to complete the
2011 Census forms.
The Census results will be used by public bodies to plan their services to the public. It is important that the Census results reflect accurately the various communities that live in the British diverse society. That is why questions about national origin, ethnic origin, religion ect are included in the Census.

There is a campaign to make sure that you record and identify yourself as a Somalilander. The data generated from this census can be useful to us for the next 10years in terms statistical date and predictions for the future- particularly in areas of remittance, micro development, date on age, education and earnings of Somalilands and Diaspora lead development (or lack of them in the future).

There is a large community of Somalilanders in the UK and considering they make up to almost 60% of Somaliland's income it is vital and important for practical reason and for academic reasons that we know how many in numbers are here. The 2011 Census gives the Somalilanders an opportunity, please don't just tick the African box and leave it at that. I will post relevant information closer to the time. But for the time being for anyone interested West London Somaliland community is launching their campaign this weekend. Bringing together many organisations and other Somalilanders, including Boon Hirsi, Somaliland Ambassador to UK and representatives of the Somaliland political parties.

The campaign event will take place at: Uxbridge College (hayes Campus), College Way, Hayes, UB3 3BB and it will start at 5pm.

Give us feed back if you go.

How did I miss this important memo. Thanks Ibti. I am gonna put Puntland on mine and will spread it to my tol. We still have few weeks to go. PL folks in UK, show your love for Ibti. Same thing with Moqdisho & Ocaden folks. Make sure you mark yourself as your region to get better Census stats and better development for your region even though the Census has nothing to do with anything outside the country.

The Zack   

Tuujiye;698881 wrote:
Ibti maxaa laga rabaa? kaalay qof kastoo u da'daalo what they believe in, ma in aan lugta ka jiidnaa?

This is nothing more than stats people!

gabarta iska dhaafa...

Ibti, odayaashaan ayaa haleeyay form kaan specially carabkaan somali isku sheega ah oo la baxay Ngonge...

Zack has problem with somalilanders because maqaayad kaste oo reer waqooyi ah uu bariis ka raadsado, dagaal ayuu ugala soo noqdaa..

example,

Zack: " Kibiyeeri maxaa yaalo?"

waiter: "dee weynu haynaa wax lacuno ee maxaad dooneysaa"

Zack: "wax jilic oo igu tar taraaxo ii keen calaashaan hilib jilic iyo bariis isbarmuutana soo raacsii"

Waiter: "jaw! wadhyee war maxaad leedahay? wadh anagu luqadan digaaga kuma hadalno! waadh yee!!"

Zack: "wah! adi maxaa ku daraay widaayoo? maraq kulul maa soo cabtay?"

Waiter: "wadh noogaga bax maqaaxida! ceynkaada nama soo galee!"

Zack: "naga taga balaayo haku gashee! hungiri isii nin ka xanaaqaayo! xira maqaayadaan....

Waiter: "wadh stubidh baad tahay! bax Somaliga soo baro"

Marka reer SL raali ka noqda walaalkee ee waa "ceyn kaa"...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

:D :D :D :D Makhaayaddaas qaad xitaa wuu yaalay waryaa. Inaa lilaahi...