Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Somalilanders: The 2011 Census

The Zack   

*Ibtisam;691149 wrote:

Give us feed back if you go.

Will there be an option to declare your clan in this form, too? If not, work on that please. That will be very good information as well.

Blessed   

Errr. Somalilander? Couldn't I just list my awoowos village followed by SL. SLander and Somalian waa ka laqanyoodaa.

Secondly, why is it assumed that every Somali lied in their asylum application? :confused:

not every Somali - take me as an example - i have not lied about anything - my brother did on my behalf - as he claimed i was under his care. my passport says born in Qardho.

p.s. LST is right - ibti is wrong - if they really want to find out - they can - is just that it is bit tedious and really not enough to prosecute someone on.

NGONGE   

Sayid*Somal;691997 wrote:
Hello Ngonge - iska waran saxiib - war ka soo daa - haye - adigu ma maxaad sheegatay Carab la dulmiyey mise Burco ka been sheegtay?
:D

Err..I was already a brit, saaxib. :D

NGONGE   

Sayid*Somal;692037 wrote:
^^that would be only possible if you were born before 71 in what was known as British protectorate of Trucial States - as a British subject??

Or if dear old Papa (or Mama) were born there. ;)

Ibtisam   

The information that people fill in the census form is confidential and there is a special parliament act that guarantees that. No single governmental or non gernmental institution can has access to census information and that is widley known in the British society. The census provides statistics (numbers) to the government and the wider society to plan and deliver services to the public. All the personal information like name, address and date of birth are confidential and thus not made public. It is only after 100 years that those information become public. You can check all this information on the ONS (Office of National Statistics) website or at census.gov.uk.

The Somaliland census campaign will not be an easy one but by spreading the wright information within the community, I hope people dont buy into these kind of fear mongering.

Both LSK and Sayid are wrong AND Sayid considering you are a complaince officer you should know better.

The Zack as usual malayacani, when are you gonna learn to just ignore threads you dont like or agree with.

A_Khadar   

Indicating s/lander vs somali, what is the catch here.. Ma ictiraafkii baa ku xidhan...

A friend told me a funny store about a well-know thief in Hargeysa who stopped stealing and started praying in the first line of the mosque. People who knew him asked him what has changed all the sudden about his life and turned him to be front line of the Jamaaca in every pryer time. And he replied, "Waxaa la igu yidhi Tuuganimadayda badan waxay hor taagantahay Ictiraafkii marka waan joojiyey xadidii iyo tuugonimadii si Ictiraaf loo helo.."

The Zack   

Ibtisam, you are getting upset for no apparent reason. You posted a thread advocating for a clan and I commented on it appropriately, now why get mad? No country by the name of Somaliland is recognized in Britain why try to waste people's time and advice to claim they are "landers"?

AbdiKhadar, there is no catch, shimbirayahow heesa baa ka socoto meesha. Foomka ku qora kulahaa qabiilkiina :D

NGONGE   

Are you deliberately being flippant here or did you not read the first post on this thread, warya? :D

She gave the reasons why already (and hardly any were political). As for your other points, maybe you should go have a word with Andrew Mitchell in Hargeisa. ;)

wyre   

A_Khadar;692136 wrote:
Indicating s/lander vs somali, what is the catch here.. Ma ictiraafkii baa ku xidhan...

A friend told me a funny store about a well-know thief in Hargeysa who stopped stealing and started praying in the first line of the mosque. People who knew him asked him what has changed all the sudden about his life and turned him to be front line of the Jamaaca in every pryer time. And he replied, "Waxaa la igu yidhi Tuuganimadayda badan waxay hor taagantahay Ictiraafkii marka waan joojiyey xadidii iyo tuugonimadii si Ictiraaf loo helo.."

:D:D:D:D:D

JB haku maqlo

*Ibtisam;692125 wrote:

Both LSK and Sayid are wrong
AND Sayid considering you are a complaince officer you should know better.

Come down dear before you fire of one your legendary campaign emails :D

You are right the personal information bit of the census is protected by the Statistics and Registration Service Act 2007 (SRSA) - plus other other acts such as the data protection act - in so far as not sharing the personal information willy nilly with other governments departs - however there are provisions for NSO to check the accuracies of the data provided and should they believe that to be incorrect can actually prosecute individuals - which hardly ever happens because they can't be bother - they just negate the data. - the census act 1920 states that

Penalties.

(1) […] 21
If any person

(a) refuses or neglects to comply with or acts in contravention of any of the provisions of

this Act or any Order in Council or regulations made under this Act; or

(b) being a person required under this Act to make a statutory declaration with respect to

the performance of his duties,
makes a false declaration
; or

© being a person required by any Order in Council or regulations made under this Act

to make, sign, or deliver any document, makes, signs, or delivers, or causes to be made,

signed, or
delivered a false document
; or

(d) being a person required in pursuance of any such Order in Council or regulations to

answer any question, refuses to answer or
gives a false answer to that question;

he shall for each offence be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding [level 3 on the

standard scale]22

[ (1A) But no person shall be liable to a penalty under subsection (1) for refusing or neglecting to

state any particulars in respect of religion. ]

the information to be collected

SCHEDULE

MATTERS IN RESPECT OF WHICH PARTICULARS MAY BE REQUIRED

Section 1

Names, sex, age.

Occupation, profession, trade or employment.

Nationality, birthplace, race, language.

Place of abode and character of dwelling.

Condition as to marriage [ or civil partnership]37 , relation to head of family, issue born in marriage.

[5A

Religion. […] 38

]39

Any other matters with respect to which it is desirable to obtain statistical information with a view

to ascertaining the social or civil condition of the population.

I see no problem of Somali landers identifying their place of birth as SL - so long as they identify their race and language as being Somali

Ibtisam   

^^Sayid the question WAS whether the government CAN use information collected to take away peoples British passports, so maha? The answer is No and it is not connected, nor do they have any legal right to use that information. <<< If this is incorrect tell me know befor eI get people in trouble :P

The bit about yad yad ya is all good and well. There is a campaign going on to write "mind your own **** business on all sections" and due to hoax chain letter that started in New Zealand, 390,000 people entered their religion as Jedi 2001 and so on. My family has always written African, country of birth: somaliland and language Somali, so lets not get all sorts. :D Bottom line you can write what you wish without fear of being used by the government to send you back.

The Zack, If I wanted this thread to be political or go in the usual circles that political threads in SOL go in I would've posted it in Politics. Now I don’t really care what your view is, how when and why, take it elsewhere. And there is no force, people either write it or they don't, miis you want to dictate how and what everyone does? You don’t live in UK, you are not from Somaliland, if you want to open another thread or start a campaign to ask people to write ONLF instead (bet you would put on your belly dancing belt for that) then go for it, you wont find me objecting.

I don’t understand people who feel the need to argue and bring up waxan waxba kaga shan iyo toban aheyin, it does not affect you or is it just a case of ana weykan. :confused: