Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Somalilanders: The 2011 Census

Ibtisam   

Malika I wish there were, this opportunity only comes alone once in a blue light. Malika they (few so called key people I know) told me that Puntland had no wish to be counted alone. I tried to explain the benefit, but they told me they did want Somalia to break up, I told them it is not a refrendum and has no political statement, they told me maxa ka galey nin geel baadan, ma gaajo ayad ka cabsansa- in other words0 mind your own business.

sayid it has to be included beyond certain number, regardless of how silly it is or not, as long as it is statistically significant.

So we agree, no one will be prosecuted nor will the data be merged with their old claims and nor will the Ciirta disappear.

Ngonge was born under a tree not far from where I was born.

Well, you learn something new, every day. I too thought NG was an Arab through and through.

If the country option is Country or place of birth, then a lot of people will not be able to claim SL. Bet you if you polled just SOL alone, half the SLanders in here were born elsewhere.

Malika   

I understand @ Ibti.

Ngonge is not alone, if I had my grandfather's documents. I could have claimed to be a British subject too. Most of the elders that settled outside Somalia during colonial times , especially in Yemen and East Africa were Somaliland British subjects and I hear one can still claim to be if one has the right document as evidence.

The Zack   

Ibti, you can be irritated as much as you want, I don't really give a ****. I can comment on any thread on this forum and I don't think you can stop me from doing so. I didn't personally attack you, I commented on the message and I will do so when I feel like it. You are not from Somaliland kulahaa lol, maybe you should've posted it on a Somaliland website in that case I would've never seen it. On that note, I find it funny that people are bringing the crap that have destroyed Somalia with them to other men's country. What difference does it make for the British to know that there are 200K of Duriyada live there?

NGONGE   

^^ War you're being controversial for no reason at all dee. This is not about the British. She already gave you a hint that it is (mostly in her case) about finding out how many people are from SL and what % of them are under the age of 45. She already give you an idea that it will (in her case again) allow people to have an estimate of future remitances being sent to SL and to make an educated guess about the ages of those that do so now, etc.

Fahantu? Mise af hindi baan kuugo sheegna?

*Ibtisam;692263 wrote:
^^^Loool @ Val. I've been meaning to read the darn form but aint had time.

Sayid: That we can arrange
;)

Only place you can do it is on the 'ethnic' origin part. At any rate, you left the whole thing too late and I doubt you will get an accurate figure once the thing is done (not to mention how silly it would be to put Slander as one's ethnicity). :D

Having said that, I hereby promise to put the word Somaliland at least once in my form. :D

Ibtisam   

^^^all I heard is yad yad yad ya. Who cares? Ma wax kula hadal weydey? go and bugger off to the politics section for your usual my clan is bigger than yours. uuuf

Malika:

You should ask them to dig deep and look in old jackets- that is where we found ours :)

Ngonge: baal sug adigu- March is a long way off.

ciyaalka iska daaf, his little brain just sees things in certain way.

The Zack   

I pointed out that you are here to tell us that you want to count your clan members in England, I am sorry if I ruined your day LOL.

P.s. You don't have to respond to me if you really don't care what I am saying LOL.

The Zack   

NGONGE;692270 wrote:
^^ War you're being controversial for no reason at all dee. This is not about the British. She already gave you a hint that it is (mostly in her case) about finding out how many people are from SL and what % of them are under the age of 45. She already give you an idea that it will (in her case again) allow people to have an estimate of future remitances being sent to SL and to make an educated guess about the ages of those that do so now, etc.

NGONGE, I am to trying to upset the kid-lady here. She always enters other people's ocean (directly from Somali on purpose) and accuses them on something and she came to SOL today to tell that she wants to count her kinsmen in Britain and their ages LOL.

P.s. I won't stop till she cries LOL, she already started iney hiim hiimsato LOL>

Ibtisam   

^^^Sorry dear, attention seeking never got your kinsmen on SOL anywhere before you, I doubt it will get you anywhere. :cool: mantaba cagah dulka la dac oh iis xiiji. I aint bothered.

As I started the thread it is only natural I am here and responding- aside from attention seeking iyo haadal doon doon max adgia ku so taagey? so faaduul maha.

A_Khadar   

NGONGE;692270 wrote:

Fahantu? Mise af hindi baan kuugo sheegna?

NGONGE, Could you define who are the Somalilanders. I am from that part of the country and believe one Somali with original country/birth place of Somalia . Is this the clan then? If so why not use the clan name because that will serve the Ibt's purpose and will give her the correct counts.

The Zack   

Ibti, LOL. I guess attention seeking did get you and your kinsmen somewhere? BTW I have an easier project for you, find out the number of your people in SOL.

P.s. I am glad you finally calmed yourself down.

NGONGE   

A_Khadar;692297 wrote:
NGONGE, Could you define who are the Somalilanders. I am from that part of the country and believe one Somali with original country/birth place of Somalia . Is this the clan then? If so why not use the clan name because that will serve the Ibt's purpose and will give her the correct counts.

You don't identify with the label, saaxib. Any figures gathered are not likely to apply to you or be of any benefit to you. Though I would urge you to do this and identify yourself as a Somalilander. In years to come, when your "peers" in the West stop sending money back home you'll at least know/understand why or what happened. But, on the whole, this is a worthwhile excercise to give one a glimpse of the numbers of people hailing from a certain geographical entity (not just clan) and such figures could be used for all sorts of future things (even in cases of lobbying, international aid, etc).