Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Somalilanders: The 2011 Census

I see no problem of Somali landers identifying their place of birth as SL - so long as they identify their race and language as being Somali

..or even their nationality as being Somalilander - just make sure they identify themselves as being Somali at least once be it either in language or ethnicity.

NGONGE;692208 wrote:
Are you deliberately being flippant here or did you not read the
first post
on this thread, warya?
:D

She gave the reasons why already (
and hardly any were political
). As for your other points, maybe y
ou should go have a word with Andrew Mitchell in Hargeisa.
;)

Now whose being politically flippant? eh :D

Ibtisam   

The language will always be somali you mad man- it is hardly going to be Bangali is it? :P

Leave Politics out of this people. Everything in SOL waa daagal wholeman.

^Do you really believe this has nothing to do with politics? c'mon you are not that naive - are you?

Haven't you heard of the Somali expression - "Siyaasadaan waa Political" :D

NGONGE   

Sayid*Somal;692229 wrote:
Now whose being politically flippant? eh
:D

Not me, saaxib. It's all thought out and measured here. Wax fahan.

Sayid*Somal;692228 wrote:
..or even their nationality as being Somalilander - just make sure they identify themselves as being Somali at least once be it either in language or ethnicity.

Is there a section for dual nationality or something, because if you're a British citizen, nationality will be British, maaha? Ethnicity and language are both Somali. So where does Somaliland go?

Ibtisam   

Sayid, I dont care why or how or when, Walahi I don't care, I just think the data will be highly useful to me and other people in my field, for example it is expected that 2011 census will result in 250,000 somalis. What does this really tell us? xakey ka yiden these people, how many are second generations, what areas are they form- if 150,000 is from Somaliland and over the age of 45 it will explain a few things, We cannot afford to do our own tro coop- I would even Suggest Puntiland does the same, but I have had huge objections so I let that one ride.

Somaliland politically it makes no difference knowing there are 50,000 SL or 10,000 in the UK, we already know it is a huge population- certain areas they force their MPs to lobby on their behalf now- so we know what areas they dominate already.

Val: Country of origin

Consultant Nephrologist & Physician, 103 Harley Street, Suite 8, London W1G 6AJ

Ibtisam   

Malika- it is not a petition for reconginition, nor does it say you have to be a recognised country or otherwise. Next time I am going to do a campaign to write BURCO in that box.

It says Burco on my country of origin on my passport- when I was asked in India where the Country Burco is, I told them an island off England.

Malika   

^:D :D dacaad baan uu qoslee Ibtiyoow @Burco an Island in England.

Let me ask you this ; why arent there other options for other Somalis - for those from other regions in Somalia as they too send remittance, support their communities etc. You mentioned Puntland, what was the objection and who objected to that option?

or is the focus of this campaign solely for SL?

^^Sayid the question WAS whether the government CAN use information collected to take away peoples British passports, so maha? The answer is No and it is not connected, nor do they have any legal right to use that information. <<< If this is incorrect tell me know befor eI get people in trouble
:P

The bit about yad yad ya is all good and well. There is a campaign going on to write "mind your own **** business on all sections" and due to hoax chain letter that started in New Zealand, 390,000 people entered their religion as Jedi 2001 and so on. My family has always written African, country of birth: somaliland and language Somali, so lets not get all sorts. Bottom line you can write what you wish without fear of being used by the government to send you back.

even if there was legal right - they would never pursue it.

The only time anyone would be prosecuted - is if they lied to systemically manipulate the system - such as inflating number of householders etxc ...,.

other silly things like the political campaign such as the ones you mention hardly matter - their data is invalid anyway.

also there is no such thing as country of origin - only place(country) of birth - so people like ngonge would be lying if they put down SL when they were born in KSA.

NGONGE   

Sayid*Somal;692255 wrote:
even if there was legal right - they would never pursue it.

The only time anyone would be prosecuted - is if they lied to systemically manipulate the system - such as inflating number of householders etxc ...,.

other silly things like the political campaign such as the ones you mention hardly matter - their data is invalid anyway.

also there is no such thing as country of origin - only place(country) of birth - so people like ngonge would be lying if they put down SL when they were born in KSA.

That was Norf warya. I only ever spent ten days in KSA while in cumra once. As for fertile and snow topped Burco, it only started to gather dust AFTER the day I left it.