Sign in to follow this  
Fiqikhayre

Biggest gathering of religious scholar in Garowe Puntland Sh. Maxamed Idiris arrives

Cowke   

Islam_Conf_Garowe1.JPG

Islam_Conf_Garowe.JPG

Islam_Conf_Garowe3.JPG

Islamic conference in Puntland discusses history, Daw'ah in Somalia

21 Apr 21, 2010 - 9:06:59 AM

A week-long Islamic conference currently underway at Al-Huda Masjid in Garowe, the administrative capital of Somalia's stable norther state of Puntland, has featured a number of respected scholars and a deeply felt message.

A panel of Somali Muslim scholars

The conference brings together famous Somali Islamic scholars, led by Sheikh Ali Warsame and Sheikh Abdulkadir Nur Farah, from different regions of Somalia including breakaway Somaliland.

The Muslim scholars have gathered to discuss the history of Islam in Somalia and the methods of Da'wah, or the preaching of Islam and the invitation of non-Muslims to the Muslim faith through Islamic knowledge and sharing the message Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) brought to mankind and Jinn from Allah, the Creator and Sustainer of the Universe.

" The aim of this conference is to benefit, bless and bring the people together so that they can better understand the religion [of Islam]," said Sheikh Abdulkadir Nur Farah, who is often referred to as the Grand Mufti of Puntland.

" This will have a huge impact on the people's life because they will interact and ask Sheikhs questions," Sheikh Abdulkadir added, while elaborating the theme of the conference.

While understanding Islam and the methods of Da'wah is the conference's underlying theme, the scholars said Islam's rich and Divine history would be highlighted in a bid to clarify many perceptions.

For centuries, Islam has been the most widely practiced religion in the Horn of Africa sub-region, including Somalia. Islam entered the war-torn country within first ten centuries of the Gregorian calendar by Arab traders and preachers.

Somalia stands out clear as the only country in the world that is 100% Muslim, the scholars said.

Up until the 1960s, the majority of Somalis practiced the Sufi sect of Sunni Islam that had garnered much wider respect amongst Somalia's nomadic clans.

However, this began to gradually change since the 1970s, after the introduction of Salafi sect of Sunni Islam in Somalia by Somali students, who graduated from Islamic universities in Saudi Arabia.

This gradual transformation of Somalis from a level of limited Islamic knowledge in the past to a sophisticated comprehension of Islam today, through learned knowledge and practice from Islamic universities in the Middle East and Africa, laid the foundation for today, where Somalia is torn apart by forces pulling either secular law or Shari'ah law.

The audience at Al Huda Masjid, in Garowe, Puntland (Somalia)

This struggle, which remains at the epicenter of today's global politics, plays out in the violent sense in Somalia on a daily basis, as the opposing forces, composed of Somalis with foreign backers on each side, fight to the death to impose its own law.

Historically, i n the late 1980s, political Islam gained its early footholds in Somalia with the injection of Salafi ideology and agenda, which the scholars argued has led to the creation of Islamist political factions, such as the Al-Itihad Al-Islamiya ("Islamic Union") faction.

In the late 1980s, political Islam gained its early footholds in Somalia with the injection of Salafi ideology and agenda, which the scholars argued has led to the creation of Islamist political factions, such as the Al-Itihad Al-Islamiya ("Islamic Union") faction.

In mid-2006, the Islamic Courts Union (ICU) dramatically changed the balance of power in Somalia when they seized the national capital Mogadishu from CIA-backed warlords.

Today, Al Shabaab, the military wing of the then-ICU, is waging an insurgency to overthrow the Western-backed Transitional Federal Government (TFG) and to install an Islamic state governed by Shari'ah law.

The scholars suggested that the Islamist insurgent groups, namely Al Shabaab and Hizbul Islam, are propelled by Salafi ideology to promote literal translation of Islamic literature and to create an Islamic state by overthrowing any government that does not apply Shari'ah law in a Muslim country.

Sheikh Bashir Ahmed Salad, the chairman of the Mogadishu-based Somali clerics umbrella, said the conference comes at an appropriate time for the people to understand the religion better and to avoid mistakes that continue to disintegrate the society and fuel conflicts.

He said clerics still play a crucial role in disseminating comprehensive religious teachings that would allow the current society to cope with changing situations at home and around the world.

The Islamic conference in Garowe is part of a series of events that took the Somali Muslims scholars to different parts of Somalia.

While in Puntland, the scholars will hold discussions with different people, including students, women's groups and the business community to enlighten society about Islam and related religious issues.

The conference is being aired by all major radio stations across Somalia. Somali websites are also linking the conference to the large Somali Diaspora living around the world.

This unique Islamic conference comes at an important moment in Somalia's turbulent history, as armed factions waging war in the name of Islam have created divisions among Muslims, both in Somalia and around the world, as the Muslim world faces military occupations, cultural imperialism and self-destruction.

Many Somalis hope that the Islamic conference underway in Puntland, Somalia, can contribute positively to the debate over Islam and its role in politics and society.

GAROWE ONLINE

Maaddeey   

^Dabaal weli waa tahay, assuming every one in the forums is in some where of Qurbaha, xataa haddii aan joogo, ma taageeri karo miyaa fikir & qadiyad?, kan Tigree-ga in Soomaaliya heysato raba oo kala qoqobka waddanka ku faraxsanba ma dhahdid xaggaa tagee, aniga maxaad iga rabtaa, taasna bal ka soo jawaab?

One, its reasonable to assume 90 percent of Nomads outside of Somalia. If your somewhere in moqdishu and your chating here with us, there is something wrong with you and we shouldn't be talking to you period.

two, if you are in qurbaha then no you can h*ll no you can't be a shabaab supporter. it would make you one of three things: a blatant hypocrite, afkanoole, or a lunatic and hence we shouldn't talking to again.

Lastly, nobody is wants tigres to occupy and contrary to what you say, it is you and not the person you are referring that is happy with the current state of Somalia. Its ok to drop the slogans sometimes and engage in honest discussion, it is people with your backward mentality that necessitate the need for peacekeepers to begin with, be they tigres or kikuyu...

NGONGE   

^^ A discussion has two sides, saaxib. Don't shut him up, challange him.

Duke & Khaliif stop claiming these are your 'culama', the Garowe online article clearly states that some of ours are there too. :D

Maaddeey   

Naxar, fair enough, lakin before you tell the admin to ban me for the reasons u stated above tell me this: how did you know the person i'm refering to haddii waxa aan sheegayo waxba ka jirin?

Polanyi   

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

it is people with your backward mentality that necessitate the need for peacekeepers to begin with, be they tigres or kikuyu...

If Kikuyu or a filthy Tigrey SOldier can become "peacekeepers in Muqdisho" and you can cheerlead( from thousands of miles away) for them like a lax, then what logic stops maddey from supporting the other side? In any case, the mantra of " you live in ze vestern varld, bla bla, is, indeed a redundant argument.

ps.@Maddey, you have to learn there are some people you argue with on this forum, some you just ignore and some you just mock and crush. ;) yan lagu baran, yo. :D

Puntland President speaks at the conference of the gathering culumaa at its final day.

Nadwadii ka socotay Masjidul Alhuda oo xalay la soo gabagabeeyey.

Waxaa caawa la soo gabagabeeyey Nadwo cilmiyeed mudo 6 cisho ah ka socotay Masjidka Alhudaa ee Magaalada Garoowe ee Caasimada Puntland ,Nadwo cilmiyeedkaan ayaa waxaa caawa muxaadaro ku qornaa Sh Xassan Ibraahim sidda aan ku helnay jadwalka Nadwada, Shiikh Xassan Ibraahim ayaa isagu ka baaqday muxaadarada isagoo soo haleeli waayey,waxayna culimadu soo saareen Bayaan ka kooban 12qodob taas oo ah dardaaran ay culimada kula dardaarmayaan ummadda Soomaaliyeed meel kasta ay joogaan ama ummadda islaamka.

Bayaanka culimada ayaa waxaa akhriyey Sh Maxmed Idirs oo ka mid ahaa culimadii ka qayb gashay Nadwo cilmiyeed ka socotay 6 cisho Masjidka Alhudaa ee Garoowe bayaanka oo akhrinayey Shiikh Maxmed Idirs

Dhinaca kale Madaxweynaha Dowladda Puntland Dr C/raxman Sh.Maxamex Maxamuud oo safar ku jira ayaa Nadwadii Garoowe ka socotay uga qayb galay khadka telephone ka wuxuuna mahad balaaran u celiyey Culumo,udiinkii ka qayb galay nadwada iyo shacabka Puntland. Madaxweynaha Puntland iyo xubo ka mid ah wasiiradiisa ayaa ku tilmaamay nadwadaan nadwadii qarniga waxayna sheegeen in ay tahay sunadii nebiga scw oo barax la' ama aan shirki ku jirin kuna dheehan ikhlaas iyo towxiid.

Waa markii ugu horaysay oo taariikhda Puntland ay madaxdu culumada soo dhaweeyaan si lawada maqlayo xukuumada Puntland ayaan u kala harin ka qayb qaadashada nadwadaan waxaana soo buuxdhaadfiyey caasumada Puntland ee Garoowe ciidamada sugaya amaanka waxaana muxaadaraadka lagala socday Idaacadaha Maxaliga ah iyo Khad teleefan ay shirka Golis u sahashay dadweynaha ku nool Gobollada Puntlland.

Nadwadan mudada lixda beri ah ka socotay Magaalada Garowe ayaa culimada ka qaybgashay waxa ay ka kala yimaadeen dalka Dibadiisa,Koonfurta Soomaaliya sida Bay iyo Bakool,Gobolada Dhexe ee Soomaaliya,Soomaaliland iyo Puntland.

Puntland President Speaks at Final Session of Spiritual Conference.

H.E president Abdirahman Mahamad Mahamud, who is currently on a working visit,took part in a highly publicized spiritual conference which was in session for the past 6 days.

The president on a trunk call thanked the spiritual leaders who took part in the religious conference held at Al-Huda Mosque in Garowe.

The president and members of the cabinet have referred to the holy transparent fulfillment of Prophet Mohammed's(Peace be upon him) teachings.

The authorities of the Puntland government testified to the fact that the event was clean from blasphemy and sacrilege.

The Honorable State Minister of the Puntland presidency for Good Governance, Hon. Gashan was welcomed to the floor by the master of ceremonies.

Honurable Gashan, after a short speech, welcomed the Puntland president to address the faithful congregation.

Silence engulfed the mosque, which was packed to full capacity, as the voice of the president came to life on the microphone.

Emotions rose as the president conveyed words of solidarity to the brethren.

The Honourable State Minister ushered in the president saying;

Hon. Gashan : Mr. President can you hear me?

President Abdirahman: I hear you very well, can you hear me?

Hon. Gashan: I can hear you but hang on as I put you on speaker. Mr. President we are at the big Al-Huda mosque located in Garowe,where on this 6th night we finalize the spiritual conference that has analyzed various topics of Prophet Muhammad's Sunnahs (Teachings and Examples). About 30 muslim scholars hailing from different regions of Somalia and others from the Diaspora responded to our call and have presented rich sermons at the conference.

Apart from this rich sermons, exclusive conferences were held for the youth , women and the private sector. Tight security measures have been undertaken and the congregations are very interested in the sermons which end at 9:00 pm every night. At the end of every session, the clerics respond to very important questions presented by the congregation.

Most importantly, a declaration comprising of 12 articles addressing various societal issues affecting Somalia was established and presented to the congregation by the noble clerics.

The conference is widely publicised with broadcasting on local radio stations, internet websites and other forms of media.

A copy of the declaration will soon be posted to major websites as soon as a copy is forwarded to you.

News2048422410679706.jpg

Allaahu Akbar, Islaam at its best. This is the sunnah of the rasuulullaah sallaallahu calayhi wassallam.

Somalia is not a country where battles and wars of opposing religious ideologies are held as Somalis are 100% muslims and athere to the way of the sunnah and Islaam.

Are there any gaalo in Somalia? This question is of an up-important significance and needs to be answered.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ A discussion has two sides, saaxib. Don't shut him up, challange him.

Duke & Khaliif stop claiming these are your 'culama', the Garowe online article clearly states that some of
ours
are there too.
:D

Clearly, Puntland is home to all the Ulema, unlike the secessionist enclave who's authorities will no doubt ask for the clan of the specefic wadaad, before allowing him to preach. :D

Packed masaajid with believing followers adhering to the call of the religious authorities in the country is indeed something that comes as a shock for the Al-Shabab and their supporters.

The carpet has literally been pulled off their feet whilst they were in the believe that they it was strongly glued on the floor for them.

Their safety net and excuse of the religion has been taken of them and now they're exposed to the harsh truth and can't do anything except bad mouth the culumaa on whom Allaahs wisdom was bestowed who clearly could distinguish between falsehood and truth and between the way of the prophet peace be upon him and those that have deviated from it.

But for the Kaligii Muslims in here such as Maaddeey, Kashafa and Fabregas one final question lies await for them.

Is the ruler of the below area H.E. Faroole a muslim? He's a muslim and he is not would only suffice a yes or a no.

map.gif

I bet they do not have the guts to answer that vital and important question. Is the leader of Puntland President Faroole a muslim?

Yes or no?

Please one answer. This is a straight question that needs an straight answer.

Originally posted by Khaliif Shiikh.:

Allaahu Akbar, Islaam at its best. This is the sunnah of the rasuulullaah sallaallahu calayhi wassallam.

Somalia is not a country where battles and wars of opposing religious ideologies are held as Somalis are 100% muslims and athere to the way of the sunnah and Islaam.

Are there any gaalo in Somalia? This question is of an up-important significance and needs to be answered.

if you go by the following hadiths - then yeah - at least half of the somali population do not truely believe or have complete faith.

- The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "You do not truly believe until you love for your brother what you love for yourself".

as i understood the prophet said this three times to hammer home the point - which - in effect is tantamount declaring one who does not love for his brother what he loves for himself - is no longer a muslim (btw that is my interpertation - if i am wrong my Allah forgive).

- "You will not enter paradise until you have faith; and you will not complete your faith till you love one another." (saxiix Muslim)

and in case you thing brother only means your clan men or your immediate brother - then read this:

"And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allâh (i.e. this Qur'ân), and be not divided among yourselves, and remember Allâh's Favour on you, for you were enemies one to another but He joined your hearts together, so that, by His Grace, you became brethren (in Islâmic Faith), and you were on the brink of a pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus Allâh makes His Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.,) clear to you, that you may be guided.

...And be not as those who divided and differed among themselves after the clear proofs had come to them. It is they for whom there is an awful torment". (The Noble Qur'an 3:103-105)

^^Only if you have a little deeper knowledge on these raw nusuuss you are throwing around to imply half of Somalis are non Muslims.

Just in case Keligii-Muslim Kashafa is still wondering what I meant by theological legitimacy, this is it. What you see above is a measured, well-thought out rebuttal from the most respected Somali Muslim scholars to combat the violent excesses and theological deviations of Alshabaab. These are live intellectual bullets awoowe.

This grand Islamic conference shall be repeated in Bosaaso, Burco, Galkacyo, Hargeysa, and in any other city where security situation permits it.

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^Only if you have a little deeper knowledge on these raw nusuuss you are throwing around to imply half of Somalis are non Muslims.

i am not going to claim that i do have deeper knowledge - i stated them as i understood them with implication being that somali qabiilastayaasha do not general love each other as they should nor do they love for each other what they love for themselves; peace, prosperity, development etc nor are they united in the rope of Allah and i know you can say the same thing about the general ummah, but even if the somalis who are supposedly 100% muslims are not holding on the rope - then what higher hope do you have for the ummah.

then again perhaps i should have answer the question pragmatically and have said - judging by the amount of self confessed gaalos that we have in SOL and the fact that we have witnessed threads dedicated to the ones living in the Somali peninsular and not to forgetting the famous ones as well as the political finger pointings of apostate that and Takhfiiri this - we can savely conclude that there are certainly some gaalos in Somalia.

is that more to your liking?? :D

Istakhfuranllaah! everything that i have said above - if wrong comes from me as a fallible being and if i have said something that is right then is from Allah.

i certainly know that i am not equiped to be a judge on who is and is not a muslim and ultimate judgement is for Allah alone and none can dispute it.