Sign in to follow this  
Malika

In Warlords Next Door [Dispatches]

Emperor   

Originally posted by Toure:

Emperor saxiib they say a picture is a thousand words and a video is a thousand pictures, the fact that Aidan had to get permission from Gabre in order to talk to TFG members is an embarrassment beyond belief. I like many others were expecting to see Yey, Darwiish and co to be committing war crimes, but Gabre running the show is no longer a myth we have it in video. Some friends of mine who are adamant TFG supporters withdrew their support after last night embarrassment. The saw the men they venerated queuing up like 17th century slaves waiting for the master to give orders. They might not support the ICU but they rather be passive observers than to support these stooges.

Saxiib what good has this Ethiopian forces that you cling on to brought to the TFG. They didn’t listen to Yeys call to deploy their troops between 2004-2005 when their deployment would have been more popular.

The case of traitors
“hated by their people and mocked by the enemy”

Saaxib, unlike Iraq Somalia has no oil or any other wealth which one can take or benefit from in the short time, its a poor country in which you are welcomed with bullets, your question would have had better sense should you phrased it as, 'what did Ethiopia get from Somalia apart from death since their arrival and in the short time, while both the TFG and ICU camp agree and know that they won't be staying in Somalia forever. I don't know how things will play out in the future, I am human and can't predict it but what I see is that Ethiopia being the tool here, Gabre is fighting a war that may well cost his life in a battle zone Mogadishu, and no benefit... We can all agree that as a result of their presence the TFG got stronger and found well trained ready army the will help towards the goal of curbing the headless militia thugs against the TFG... They are working on the agenda of the TFG and not vice versa, they have attacked and fought against only those who are against the TFG... If as many SOLers want us believe that their sole agenda is to kill the Somali people for the heck of it, then why aren't they attacking other peaceful regions of the South, for example why shouldn't they attacked Kismayo when the TFG's Admin was thrown out of that city, its simple because the entity there still claimed to have been part of the TFG. Even in Mogadishu today there are peaceful areas, the support base of the TFG mainly in the North and parts of the South of Mogadishu in which Alshabaab have no room to hide, its peaceful so if you want me to take you serious why shouldn't they bombard these TFG support base Somali areas of Mogadishu? The answer is easy...

As for Aidan's report, I don't believe his take on the Somali issues, the man was onesided, completely baised and lied because he was being fed up by Alshabaab sympathisers, that was very very clear from his reporting...

Thierry.   

Emperor I ask again

Why didn’t they come between 2004-2005 when they would have been much more popular, yey called for their deployment and the warlords were very hostile to the TFG.

Why only when they deemed their national interest was in threat did they come (and don’t tell me they are here to fulfil yeys vision for we know meles has stated we are here to safeguard our nation).

Just answer me this question

Emperor   

^It didn't happened in 2004, the fact of the matter is that Yey needed foreign troops at that time, he still needs them now as the situation is stil bad in Somalia, so does it matter when they arrive? No, it doesn't matter as far as the TFG is concerned.

Yey called for foreign troops immediately in his election victory's speech in Nairobi 2004, it never mattered to him where they might be coming from whether China, Yemen or Azerbajan. As one of the most experienced Somali politiking interms of guerilla war and leadership, a strategist and a former war veteran, he knew the Somali problem was far too complicated and the ruthless arrogant militia won't take orders. The man set himself the target and settle the hardest task on his shoulder, which was to find a well trained ready army willing to help his government fight against the armed oppostion groups. He hadn't attacked anyone and based his TFG in Jowhar and later moved to Biadoa after spending a while in Nairobi, all this time wondering around to get troops from the outside that may help pacify the nation. He's found hard to do that since Somalia was under UN arms embargo, he spent all his energy going after and wondering around the UN to lift it, which he did.

The other set target was to pass it the Somali Parliament, after a long hard isqabqabsi and boxing match aired by international media, he secured it with the Former Parliament speaker, Shariif Aden who argued 'Ahdiga qaranka' doesn't include frontline countries. Ignoring this individual, it was the time to convince countries to come to Somalia, the first task was to take his idea to closest nation that can get into Somalia with the least amount of money, transportation and deployment, Ethiopia. Zenawi like you said in your above post was reluctant at the begining, he refused to take part in any direct conflict within Somalia that will favor the TFG against any other group but promised logistical and training support.

The President then went to other African and Arab states, he convincingly pleaded with other heads of states to help this god forsaken nation, most of them agreed to help in one way or the other. Yemen was the first country to promise troops which never did materialise, however, they provided necessary fireams deployed into Bosaso port for the TFG. Saudi Arabia, Libya, Kuwait and most of the Arab world promised and provided financial support. Algeria volunteered to assist with the transportation of any troop deployment. Uganda and Burundi have troops in Mogadishu today while S.A and Nigeria have made promises too, whether it will materialise or not is another matter...

Zenawi being a next door neighbour and a longstanding ally, Odaga had to go to fly to Addis like you take a London Bus on a daily basis, his aim was to get some organised soldiers that would take the bullets for his TFG, Zenawi was still reluctant but Odaga this time proved to be more convincing that he talked to many countries and would bring troops very soon - in months time, and also he wouldn't have to warry about staying there for long just help defeat the oppostion groups, they will dissolve and the TFG can take care of the rest. Zenawi fell for those lines but he just only reluctantly agreed to intervene if attacked, the President saw this as an opportunity to grap and to get a nation soldeirs fighting alogside his team... By now the UIC was getting all powerful and rushed on to take Kismayo, the President declared the talks in Sudan over and the oppostion broke the treaty. The UIC then attacked the base of the government Biadoa, and BOOOM Ethiopian tanks and thousands of troops crossed into the Somali border, courtesy of the UIC...

Today, the TFG is in Mogadishu the Capital, Yey is in Villa Somalia, Gabre and his Ethiopian soldiers are dieing and fighting the war with no benefit insight, they are confused as to who they fighting with, a clan, a religious movement or just any oppostion group. Yey knows who he's fighting with, the Ethiopian soldiers are told what to do and guided by the TFG forces, they take them to anywhere they will so in the city to take the bullets...

Zenawi had had enough of this, the implications and the political consequences it had on him in his own country and the outside world was extremely massive. Human rights abuses and massacre accusation branded to him and against his Ethiopian troops by the UN and amnesty international reports, all have had a toll on his mind, not to forget his pocket money and men were dried by his taking bullets in Mogadishu. He wanted to withdrew long ago but if he did in this current condition of Somalia, the crazy militia will declare victory and a loss for him, If he stays he's losing and if he's goes is a loss too. Now does he have a choice, no but to pressure Yey to lobby for UN or other peace keeping troops to change the Ethiopians... Yey says relax Zenawi, this wansn't a trap, 2000 Ugandan troops have arrived and so are the Brundis, the rest will be coming... but Now Zenawi releases press statement to the world media "We will withdraw from Somalia immediately and as soon as other UN or AU states arrive"... that's exactly what Yey was expecting to hear, a win for his TFG, that almost guaranteed the Survival of his TFG, either peace keeping forces will arrive or Ethiopian troops will ramain until all oppositions are obliterated and the TFG gets the manpower to rule the whole country, in both cases the TFG will be here to stay.

Yey is an architect, a briliant strategist, he now secured a resolution from the UN to deploy peace keeping forces to Somalia... Anyone that tells me he takes order from Gabre is underestimating his ability, which is good for the oppostion to underestimate him, it works for him... The man is a decorated war hero, one of the few Somali lives that caused more damage to the Ethiopia in 77 war than any other, he's the man who blew the whisle off to the Barre regime when everyone else was singing same Barre tune, the founder and the first President of Puntland state of Somalia... Now if someone tells me that this man is prepared to settle or entertain anymore less power domination than Gabre or Zenawi is playing a dangerious game... that shows how we have not only lost people and institutions in the civil war but also confidence in our ability and self pride...

Emperor   

^Lol you know this reminds me of a funny thread posted by Duke about this incident aad kuwaalatahay maalmahan, let me find it for you bal horta... qosol baad kadhargi

Thierry.   

Emperor despite your wonderful attempt to prop up Yey as the master-minder of Somali affairs over the last couple years and despite your argument that Ethiopia and US are mere tools to Yey ultimate you fail to understand that people in this forum are not clueless and can see a sinister plan afar away.

In a letter declassified/ leaked stated that the Somali invasion was pre-planned and discussed as early as the summer of 2006. The US and Ethiopans discussed how they could topple the ICU by having substantial number of Ethiopian forces backed by US funds in Somalia. Why was this discussed the and not before. You seem to disregard the question I asked but the answere to that question should indicate to you whether Ethiopia as you claim is a mere tool for Yey disposale or the more realistic posibility a country that looks out for its own interest.

Zenawi being a next door neighbour and a longstanding ally, Odaga had to go to fly to Addis like you take a London Bus on a daily basis, his aim was to get some organised soldiers that would take the bullets for his TFG, Zenawi was still reluctant but Odaga this time proved to be more convincing that he talked to many countries and would bring troops very soon - in months time, and also he wouldn't have to warry about staying there for long just help defeat the oppostion groups, they will dissolve and the TFG can take care of the rest. Zenawi fell for those lines but he just only reluctantly agreed to intervene if attacked, the President saw this as an opportunity to grap and to get a nation soldeirs fighting alogside his team...

Come on Emperor you cant be serious saxiib, please do not tell me you believe that Yeys superior persuasion skills made the president of a Sovereign nation with its own goals, ambitions, threat, and strategies to attack a neighbouring country and not benefit anything from it. If you believe this then you follow no logic here.

By stating this you disregard the US policy towards “International terrorism” and Ethiopia Imperialistic ambitions that a divided Somalia is better for them than strong unified Somalia.

Irrespective of how much you venerate a man that is ultimately the biggest trator in Somalia recent history evidence on the ground show that he and his government consented to a pre-planned attack on his own people and that infat Gabre is running the show as a representative for meles zenawi who through proxy is fulfilling U.S geopolitical interest.

I know you don’t want to believe the truth adeer but for you to insinuate that Yey is the architect in current East African affairs is beyond the imagination of the even the most adamant TFG yeysters

Emperor   

^I didn't say the US was inline with Yey, he had never had good relations with the US, infact they sidelined his government and politically neglegted him and instead supported the Warlords in Mogadishu... its fact the US didn't favored him... set that straight, he waited and proved himself as the strong man who can take care of both the warlords and UIC, the US were forced to jump the wagon as they saw no match to this man...

Again, all I presented was the events that happened in tha part of the corner, all facts and more facts, let's not dwell into conspiracy theories and who leakes what to who... It doesn't add a great deal to the topic...

Present facts alone, did the UIC attack or it was attacked, the fact is they attacked Baidoa... The conspiracy theory that Ethiopia was masterminding a massive attack to occupy Somalia is silly, they would have found it hard to enter Mogadishu had it not been the UIC starting the war...

From what I see, Yey is much more genius than the fool Zenawi, age is getting to the old man but he's trying his best to make the TFG work, his strong relations with all the countries that matter for the Somali politics is evidence to that...

Now that you guys insist on bringing your jibberish to the General Section, I'm going to go home and watch this on 4oD...

Hopfully its worth all the hu-ha and oohin and counter oohin.

p.s. its funny how everyone is acting like they just realized what a misery ridden place that country is!

redface.gif

Baashi   

^^Drop it bro.

Your objections against this beat is outside the comfort zone of consensus thinking. This joint is practicing groupthink to the teeth. You are swimming upstream buddy.

I watched the beat last night. It was riddled with inconsistencies, innuendos, and half-truths. Beacuse of the tragedy he exposed and the unpopularity of TFG entity, the fact that the reporting was done poorly and the reporter didn't prove the alleged crimes committed by the individuals he targeted was overlooked in the thread.

There are also those who have political affiliations with TFG nemessis.

Fabregas   

^^Qormay Serenity noqotey "Bro" :D I take it you were talking to Emperor?

Muranperor, or Should I say Emperor hadi la odhan laha difaac TFG, the man would write a book :D Wuxu ku leeyahay, " actually it's the TFG soldiers that guide the Ethiopians", lol :D

Emporer, no need to explain yourself any further.

One thing is evident, toure and Co are hard of hearing.

Toure is so mixed up that he made up a tale about his buddies switching sides by the sight of few men gathered at the amxaaro embassy.

PS:Nuune, caadi matihid.

Thierry.   

Emperor old friend again we agree to disagree (you state the TFG have paramount power I state the US and Ethiopians have equal if not a bigger say)

Abu_Geel Emperor is by far the best TFG defender, but even he should recognise you cannot defend the indefensible.

Lazy I don’t know who co is but Toure acknowledges that both parties in this war are guilty to a certain extent. However Toure supports the lesser of the evils and the party he beliefs serves his countries interest the best. ICU.

As for your second statement Toure those not indulge in trivial tit for tat so he will ignore it.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Baashi:

^^Drop it bro.

Your objections against this beat is outside the comfort zone of consensus thinking. This joint is practicing groupthink to the teeth. You are swimming upstream buddy.

I watched the beat last night. It was riddled with inconsistencies, innuendos, and half-truths. Beacuse of the tragedy he exposed and the unpopularity of TFG entity, the fact that the reporting was done poorly and the reporter didn't prove the alleged crimes committed by the individuals he targeted was overlooked in the thread.

There are also those who have political affiliations with TFG nemessis.

The former Interior Minster was trying to argue that he blocked Aid because the food may be past its sell by date!

The Chief of Police reminisced about his former job with Honda and the 'substantial' salary he used to receive. He blamed any wrongdoing on those that buy uniforms from nearby shops and pretend to be policemen!

The Chief of the Secret Services was adamant that no torture was taking place and promised to take the reporter to see all the jails yet never fulfilled that promise.

The reporter alleged that the president of the TFG, in a radio broadcast, warned civilians about insurgents in their midst and threatened to blast civilian areas if any attacks originated from these areas! The attacks took place, the government retaliation took place and the documentary played short extracts of the president's radio speech.

Now there might have been some allegation that were not substantiated but once you've seen the incompetence of those in charge (as the above shows) it is not a great leap for anyone suspect that these allegations are true.