Sign in to follow this  
DigibAc

Is Puntland a qabiilist entity?

It's there to represent its consituencies. The greater majority of its citizens hail from one clan and to some that appears to be a clan entity. Not necessarily wrong. Puntland has function for 9 years the way it is. Same as the North Western breakaway region and so on.

^^^One is welcome to vistit or move there for good. It is a Somali state and has been home to many displaced from the southern wars.

Also Djibouti is more clanist state that Puntland. Remmeber since 1977 it has has the late Abtidoon and his nephew Gulleh as rulers.

Puntland in 9 years has had three presidents , Yusuf, Hashi, and Cade.. All hail from various different sub-clans of the state.

Originally posted by DigiTalbAct3ria:

^What happended to Somalia is for Somalis?

Somalia is for all somalis. However Puntland is ruled by a person elected by it's citizens. If that isn't for Somalis then what is?

eVERY one is welcome in somaliland exept ppl who do say stuff somalia and somaliland is the same we have strong words for them

any way the ssdf clan is the only tribe that rule puntland u get me but we in somaliland we have all kind a rulers All somalilanders from awdal 2 woqoyi galbeed 2 saaxil ina cigaal

and sylaanyo from togdheer so we are multi culture not one Ethici maa garateen

thats somaliland united under one flag under allah

callan daggeyn

KEYNAN22   

Riiyale is just a poster boy, who are you kidding? We all know your aspirations, and the lame, transparent strategies you've employed for these objectives. Somaliland is not a "multicultural" entity.

All kind of somalis come to PL none even wants to go to somaliland because of the clanish and paranoid environment in that region. The imprisonment of other clan members speaks volume.

I had to come through and to enlighten this Keynan22 person, who i see knows only one sided false views of things. You may not like somaliland but Keynan22 but give false points is weak. The topic is about puntland but you from this line gave your view point clearly away "We all know your aspirations, and the lame, transparent strategies you've employed for these objectives". I am assuming of this comment you have issue of somaliland wanting to leave the union huh lol. If you have issue with somaliland leaving the union state it in a new post but listing your issue on a topic not related to the somaliland issue shows your bias to the somaliand visa via somalia issue.

Your second other point is weak with somaliland not a multicutural entity, if i correct in somaliland you find ****, *******, and ****** in the areas of sol and sang under somaliland control, you find these groups in the government so this point of yours is false view made out of your own personal issue with somaliland and not with facts.

You say all kinds of somalis go to Puntland and thats good, but large portion go there to get on boats to leave africa for bettr grounds so add that fact buddy lol.

Finally this statement by you which is "Somaliland being clanish and paranoid envioronment" only shows how foolish you look, Somalis for all over come through there, even Duke a Pro-Unionst, Pro-TFG would disagree with you. But alas you a die hard extremist in your view of somaliland and its people so i would now stop giving my points cause i know you wont take them to logically and just spit more venom as most extremist somali unionst do.

[ February 13, 2007, 02:47 AM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Chimera   

I'm quite embarrassed by some characters on this forum who claim to hail from P-land, when they wish only destruction and chaos on other regions indirectly by supporting an entity which has brought the before mentioned terror upon the allready decade terrorised masakiin's, they accuse other Somali groups of being clannists yet ignore the fact that multiple times our people from different regions were either evicted or denied access in P-land because of their backgrounds

they are no different from those who call people from the North Qaldaans or different from the sickminded ones that preach hate to little Somali children by introducing disgusting proverb's like a boy from Hargeisa is closer to a xabashi than a boy(his blood brother) from Mogadishu

these groups are the embodiment of all things that is wrong in today's Somali society

they are the ones who hold us back, and unfortunatly they are also the ones currently in power

Miskin   

HOLD ON GUYS.

This sound too personal to me so i wont get involved. But iw ill tell this, Pland, Sland or whatever else they call them selves are all clan based entities. So stop being childish and argue your points as mature ppl do. You dont have to agree but be sivilised when getting your points across.

REMEMBER ...... NO PERSONAL ATTACKS, NO NAME CALLING, E.T.C.

Miskin

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^One is welcome to vistit or move there for good. It is a Somali state and has been home to many displaced from the southern wars.

Also Djibouti is more clanist state that Puntland. Remmeber since 1977 it has has the late Abtidoon and his nephew Gulleh as rulers.

Puntland in 9 years has had three presidents , Yusuf, Hashi, and Cade.. All hail from various different sub-clans of the state.

Does that mean Somaliland is light years ahead in that regard. I guess sophistication is a state mind. Don’t you agree Duke boy?

Lol@ifferent sub clans…maxaad ii kala qaad qaadaysaa adeer meesha laf yaroo qudha uunbay wada yihiine.

Maskaxdaada Butland iyo Djibouti is barbar dhigaysaa aqoonteedu ma fogaa. Let me teach you a little lesson about Dj. take notes.

Unlike Somali proper, Djibouti is a country of multiple ethnic groups (Somalis, Anfar, Arabs and others). All of them are well represented in the government however, Somali race are the majority in Djibouti and they have the “rights” for presidency. Within the Somali race, there is a one dominant tribe and that particular tribe controls the political power among Somalis. Majority rules and minority rights.

RedSea   

^I completely agree.

Duke, Yusuf, Hashi, and Cadde, all are from ONE clan.

It's like saying Igal, Tuur, and Silanyo.