Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

Sool and Sanaag : Disputed Territories ?

Marc,

If the intention is about ensuring Sool and Sanaag to remain in somaliland, do you believe that inviting other citizen to populate those regions in order to overpower their choice of leaving is the solution?

What happened to democracy, should the somaliland administration truly want to keep them, then they should attempt to engage those citizens.

But most importantly, should "those few villages" decide to seperate it is their right. After all, you would think that a seperatist would understand that.

Originally posted by Jimcaale:

Ibty: I'm not a mind reader but it's good to know you too detected that in his post.

Marc: I too have anti-Jimcaale forces lurking around to come out and spew 'self-opinioned bile'. They too hate good men who truly care about Somaliland's Somali speaking world. Whatever that means. Moron!

There's really nothing to discuss here. However, there's a confused kid who doesn't understand the words he's typing. You managed to put 'Greater Somalia' and 'Secession of Somaliland' in one sentence. Somaliland territorial, Policy of Displacement, Demographic transition, Disputed land, Greater Somalia, Somaliland Map, all these words require some sort of context which you've failed to provide. Our SNM fans don't even use such choice of words. Either she didn't provide you with much details or your eyes were fixed on something else. I know she impressed you but I hope she's not as knowledgeable of the subject as you.

Jimaacle,

I won’t stoop to your level and call you names, I will however point out your faults. I find it really sad that you try to belittle me, this is not Somalia sxb, where people intellects is measured by their age but we live in a free society where all people have the same opportunities regardless of age. This traditional and non-progressive mindset has clouded your judgement and has resulted in your negative attitude and cynical behaviour.

Why shouldn’t I put 'Greater Somalia' and ‘Secession of Somaliland' in one sentence? This obviously shows that I am able to comprehend such ideas and deliberated them in a intellectual manner.

Please refrain from writing in any thread that I post because I will not tolerate such childish antics in future. Your pathetic attempt to deface me has not succeeded but has rather fallen flat on its head.

Originally posted by Koora-Tuunshe:

^lool.

MARC, The British colony that created your beloved "Somaliland" were themselves fearful of the people of Sanaag aka Maakhir.

They were fearful of these men that they had never interfered in their internal affairs until they manged to create internal discord to break their unity.

They bombarded the palace of the man on the right left. The Italians in cooperation with Britain braught forward an idea to "pacify" his sultanate. It states;

In January 1904, an authorized Italian bombardment of the home of the Sultan of ****** so imbued the Italian government with fear of native revolt that they withdrew completely

Please learn the history of your country.

Despite these baseless delusions that:

''The British colony that created your beloved "Somaliland" were themselves fearful of the people of Sanaag aka Maakhir''.

''...They were fearful of these men that they had never interfered in their internal affairs until they managed to create internal discord to break their unity''.

Firstly I wish to inform you that wikipedia is hardly the most credible source of information. Secondly Sool and Sanaag remain part of Somaliland whether you believe it or not. The people of Sool and Sanaag wish to remain part of Somaliland but those intent on tribalist warfare often undermine the self-determination of the people of Sool and Sanaag. Finally, Sool and Sanaag is currently under the jurisdiction of Somaliland and any attempt to obstruct this will be dealt with in a justified manner, not excluding military force, which will be used to compel transgressors to the sovereignty of Somaliland.

^ enough respect Sir!!!(do not at anytime fall for any of their cheap tactics to get you to sink to their level)

Whatever that means. Moron!

Cyber Karbaash iyo nus aa ubaahan tahay.

PS:Hi KK

Hayat   

it amazes me what certain people do to get attention around here. redface.gif

MARC please tell me you are arguing for the sake of arguing- and that this is not your definition of

a pressing issue that needs to be dealt with

I won’t stoop to your level and resort to such antics.

i dont think you have to stoop to her level rather "rise". you have stooped to the lowest of all lows by posting this very topic.

No one asked for your self-opinionated bile Hayat. In future keep your snide comments to yourself.

Why would you accuse me of being an attention-seeker! Come up with something original next time. I have heard these same allegations from other SOLers, who when they have nothing to contribute, resort to such antics. These lame and ill attempts to mock me will be crushed ferociously.

Just to appease you: I AM AN ATTENTION-SEEKER! I HOPE THAT CONFIRMS YOUR SUSPICIONS.

'A Policy of Displacement'...sensational, man. I think there should be a Compulsory Integration Strategy as well. And just in case things get really hairy, the adminstration should draw up an Annihilation Action Plan as back-up.

You can't win them all.

BTW - What do you study, Marc? There is a lot of theorising in your thinking but very little of it is practical, applicable or even realistic.

Hayat   

well MARC it seems my self-opinionated bile is smewhat accurate...

I AM AN ATTENTION-SEEKER! I HOPE THAT CONFIRMS YOUR SUSPICIONS

have heard these same allegations from other SOLers, who when they have nothing to contribute, resort to such antics.

what is there to possibly to contribute to? you can not honestly be telling us that you expect somesort of a resonable response. a responsible topic deserves a a rationale reply, this topic is irrelevent and unbased. so i will leave you to your attention seeking-you have certainly captured mine-hope that helps u sleep well ;)

Baashi   

Originally posted by MARC:

Sool and Sanaag are part of Somaliland and the defined map of Somaliland is testament to this fact, yet in recent years these parts of Somaliland have had a tendency to lean towards the corrupt dictatorship of Puntland. These regions are integral to the existence of Somaliland and we should do our utmost to save guard their existence as part of Somaliland. There is even talk of these villages choosing Puntland over our government.

So what are we to do in this debacle?

There needs to be a demographic transition. We need to take people from the heavily populated parts of Somaliland, i.e. Hargesia and Burco and other urban centres and relocate them to these disputed territories. We need to put in place a policy of displacement and make sure that somalilanders constitute the majority of the populations in these regions. That way there will be no calls for these regions to secede into their own federated governments. We must not compromise the territorial integrity of Somaliland.

A video of this topic will be posted soon.

Not a bad idea :D I'm not sure if you had taken part of the legendary 'the mice in council' gathering but just in case you haven't the low down of that story goes like this: mice discussed issues of large importance like the one you are proposing and concluded that the task tabled is a mighty task in terms of difficulty in its implementation.

Before you post nonsensical video and showcase that fine shades that swept tomboy Lazy off her feet answer the same question good old mouse asked the council: who will bell the cat?

STOIC   

Baashi,

It should come as no surprise to see the kid make such comments as adherent of a particular culture often view their political demand as a matter of deep principle conviction. Perhaps the kid didn’t know the dark side to his argument when he was making such comments that the greatest threat to any democracy comes from people with means of physical coercion. A bit of a simple observation soon reveals that no population in this world has been suppressed with assimilation (not even the Red Indians of America).Hope Somalilanders (including peripheral supporter like me) realize that equal consideration for all, is more likely to secure assent of all others whose corporation they need to achieve their goal of self-independence.

Originally posted by Baashi:

Not a bad idea
:D
I'm not sure if you had taken part of the legendary 'the mice in council' gathering but just in case you haven't the low down of that story goes like this: mice discussed issues of large importance like the one you are proposing and concluded that the task tabled is a mighty task in terms of difficulty in its implementation.

Apathy is the greatest form of anger. 'The Civil war'generation have become so cynical that they resort to such dismissive attitude when they come across new ideas. I like to think differently and embrace new thinking.

Baashi   

Has it downed on you Mr. Gen X that the civil war gen are calling for peaceful resolution and you on the other hand are advocating for what amounts to clan cleansing in other name -- systematic displacement and all of that?

Ironic eh wouldn't you say Mr. clean hearted young one? Continue in exploring ways and means to displace communities awoowe. As you were.

Baashi   

STOIC, I hope by know you do understand that Somalis are all related. Giddigood waa shan xabo oo is taqaan The issue of secession is a redherring. It won't succeed for number of reasons. You cannot ask a mother in Buuhoodle to show her passport in order to let her through to other side. Her mother lives in Benadir, her brother in Bossasso, and her kids in Hargeisa.

It will be the high of ********* to argue for separation for such a close knit family just because once upon time her parents were subjugated by diff European powers in search of world dominance. My noodles are failing me here buddy I jsut can work my way through on this one.

Today we are in a mess. Those who survived the mess and constituted adminstrative capacity to govern their tribal domain and recover from the civil war we say more power to them. Keep doing all you can to prosper and maintain peaceful existence.

The others that have fallen to the bottom of the pit we wish them all the luck and urge them to sit down and reach a just resolution.