Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

FREE AWDAL

Did any one watch FREE WILLY? This thread reminds me of that. To which an African American quiped, FREE my uncle WILLY. In the same token, first FREE Somalia from Ethiopia, before you free AWDAL from its self. lol

So if Awdal was carved from W.Galbeed (present day marood-jeex), then I must say we want it back.

You are from Burco, why fight fir Hargaysa or are you supporting Xidigo thesis?

Originally posted by Gediid:

^^^^U make sh!t up faster than anyone I know.AW DAL kulahaa waar 1986 ayaa AW DAL aabo siyaad sameeyey from carving up waqooyi galbeed.I guess since aad magaca soo sameysey kan ku darso markaas.Abu Aw Dal(Waqooyi galbeed)

Intaadan degdegin, you need to check your comprehension since it seems you have a problem with it. You do seem to lack understanding a little paragraph. Buug iyo qalinlaabis soo qaado aan kuu kala dhig dhigee.

One, I did not claim the name Awdal itself was officially known that place. I wrote this special word was bestowed -- loogu wanqalay (or should I make it bold) -- officially to that region in '80s because of its historical significance it has in Soomaali history. That region has some deep history that is relevant to Soomaalis. Yes, the word Awdal was unofficially known in that area (some called it Adal), but the word Awdal did exist in everyday use.

awdalcx6.jpg

[The Cambridge History of Africa (1975)]

Secondly, every laba afar iyo shan jir soo dhigtay a kindergarten school in Soomaaliya knew when and how Awdal, the present-day official region, along with Gedo and later Sool, was created . Then again, perhaps, not everyone had the privilege uu kindergarten kusoo dhigto in Soomaaliya.

Now casharka intaasha noogu ekaado, and know meeshaan is not tolkaville, where facts are fiction and fiction are taken as facts. Not at here, heed that.

Gediid   

MMA

My nigga,spoken like a true priviliged blonde.Kindergarten is a privilige kulahaa.Since aad u maleyneysid KG in eey tahay privilege I might as well join your "privileged" club.For the record Gediid went to xanaadadii hodan ku taley infront of jardiinkii skool casa balbalaare.I heard later on that park become a movie theatre known locally as shaneemo shuun.Of course when I was there it was a park and thats all I remember.I remember we even had swings and a seesaw that was shaped like a boat.We had doorsho(keeping in line with our "privileged" status of course) on our recess.Now is that blonde enough for you or should I continue with my bragging as a member of the privileged few.Oh one more thing markaad qurbe soo gashey naked and semi illiterate(even with your KG schooling) I was one of those kids who fed you your first BLT while we munched on the chicken.

As far as your lesson goes it got lost in that blonde moment of yours.

Baashi   

^That's the thing with the folks. MMA simply said the name Awdal is the historical name of the region. He was absolutely right. You riducled him for saying so and accused him of "making sh*t up" in nanoseconds. Now he's backed that one up with facts, you went haywire and picked up the trivial comment in the post. Why is it so difficult for the folks to simply say I stand corrected.

Gediid   

Baashi

Been kasta markahti ma weydo.Sxb no one is disputing the rich history of Adal its the name Aw Dal your boy made up that is the bone of contention.Somali wax kasta wey odhan laakinse I know for certain no one knows for certain the meanings behind half the cities and provinces within the country.Historically I have been taught that the lands we Somalis currently live in at one time or another belonged to the Oromos and Gallas and with their migration to the more fertile Ethiopian highlands we moved in,set camp and kept the original names of those places.

Baashi   

I see. Awdal, that I know. But whether it translates Aw Dal is another matter. In any event Awdal is not the creation of Inna Barre. He might elevated it to provincial status based on the majority clan rule but the name preceeded him.

Gediid   

Che

Knowing you malaha waxaad odhan doontaa kani waa oromo becuase thats the only way aad u odhan karta thats my version of history but so as to not disappoint you thats the history of Somalis and their history in the horn.

PS

Malaha waxaad odhan doontaa that particular version qabiil ayuu u hilin doonaa but NO sxb there's no qabiil except the Somali qabiil.I hope now that is clear you will remove those tainted magnifying glasses aad xidhan tahay.

^I'm not one calling an entire group of people liers just cuz they disagree with your version of Somali history and please don't keep insisting it's the Somali history. It's through your experience growing up and your schooling by society or learning institutions that you have come to accept your version of things as the truth. Of course, my experience is diffirent from yours and so is my version of history. Who's to say I'm wrong and you are right or vice verse. I'm willing to admit there might be bias on my part and I'm willing to entertain the idea of part my version of things could be wrong laakin you are here noola soo taagan tahay with absolete certainty whatever you say are the actual events while Baashi, MMA or I are either revisionists or Qabiilist.

And the funny thing if I were to blindly agree with everything said, I would have been honest good Somali in your page.

P.S. I recall this discussions we had where you told me someone from my region (I guess that meant my qabiil) agree with everything you had to say about Somalia's history. To paraphase your words, you called him true honest Somali. This self righteousness thing is killing saaxib while you go around parading people. It's not to admit you don't know everything!!!

Chimera   

Originally posted by Baashi:

^That's the thing with the folks. MMA simply said the name
Awdal
is the historical name of the region. He was absolutely right. You riducled him for saying so and accused him of "making sh*t up" in nanoseconds.
Now he's backed that one up with facts, you went haywire and picked up the trivial comment in the post. Why is it so difficult for the folks to simply say I stand corrected.

I agree! obvious red herring!

Gediid give it up! 'Galaada' which 19th century muslim Somalis were referring to 'as the people of ancient Somalia' were our pre-islamic ancestors not Oromos or other groups