Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Most Recent Massacres Committed by ONLF

Gediid   

^^^^Caqliga ayaan kugu jeclayahay...How can they do that when they are called Ogade-n National Liberation Front(ONLF)????

Paragon   

Originally posted by Gediid:

^^^What do you want me to do in return ,give you a cookie for that?

A poisoned cookie? No. smile.gif .

And no, there are not related to Abdullahi Yussuf, at least politically.

Gediid   

^^^^Sxb why would I want to poisin you.You seem like a fairly decent man with the right intentions but the wrong information.... ;)

NASSIR   

Let me say this, O-G-A-D-E-N corresponds to an internationally recognized territory. It is has unique, seperate history, different colonial legacy as it was part of the British colony.

Simply, it was non-self-governing territory(colony) that has distinct international status. So in international legal parlance, O-GADen has the right to self-determination since it had seperate colonial legacy and history. Unfortunately, the destiny of this territory's political independence was decided by Britain mainly, observing secret treaties it had entered with the Ethiopian kingdom.

Another aspect of this struggle is that O-Gaden shares similar status with the Eriteria prior to its independence. For instance, After Italy was defeated and the four powers could not agree on the destiny of Eritrea, Britain recommended that Eritrea be eliminated. The Highland Christian would be incorporated with Ethiopia and the Lowland Muslims would be incorporated with Sudan. But the Eritreans were so lucky by the fact that the four powers could NOT decide on the future of Eritrea. The Eritrea question was thus transfered to United Nation Trusteeship, which then federated it with Ethiopia.

I think we have to understand the O-G-A-D-E-N question from this historical perspective, not view it from the prism of clan. :D

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Haneefah:

quote:

Originally posted by Khalaf:

Nothin is suprising anymore ninyahow...ppl are predictable.... u know whose can show on certain topics. ahh well.

Waa kaagan yaree taftafta lehee talaabada dheereynaya, maad nin rag ah iska dhigtid ood la hadashid qofkaad ula jeedo intaad dhagahadalka deysid? Walee meeshani ilma badan wey kharibtay, everything has become clan oriented in their corrupted perceptions, bisinka. [/QB]
Walaaleey maxaad personal ugu qaada thay? What I said was general and truth, even a noble struggle such as this is clanized.......it’s the truth.....u right everything is clan oriented that’s why u can write essays on the somaligalbeed struggle (very beauitful btw and i agree wit it).....and not Lascanod, Xamar, or Kismaayo....and vice versa....it doesn’t mean bad nesscarily......but it doesn't mean good neither depending on the way u look at.......but way things are....

Mida kale ma raagnimo laa tuusa hadii gabar lii isku taago....koley waxaan maqli jiri ninka raag ah wa kii gabdha ka xiishoda.

Ps: thnks for da concern but it aint that deep sister if one is in the politics section they are bound to catch some flees.....especially if they are from certain sectors.... sometimes u gotta throw xaar at xaar.......unless the xaar comes from a female like the one below u. :D ...in that case wa li iska daafa. smile.gif

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

ONLF needs to stop alienating its people, "Win their hearts and minds" and ask for a referendum to secede from ethiopia.

But ethiopia won't allow them to secede, thats political sucide.

I have said it before, Ethiopia the habashi and tikery are small percentage and greatly outnumbered by those whom these minority tribes oppresss such as the Oromo and the somali region. But because these anti-ethiopian groups are disorganized/disfranchized they have been very slow to make a head way against Ethiopian brutality. Its easy for us to critize i know, but one wonders why these groups with common goals just don't work together in liberating their lands from Ethiopian rule?

Its compareable to Falistine, and reason for falistine inablitiy to liberate their lands is not necessiarly becuase of Israeli rule, but that Israel is protected by the powers of the west, much like ethiopia is protected in the Horn of Africa.

^^If you find Ethiopia friendly and helpful for this tfg project which you apparently support, others have different view of them adeer. What Ethiopia wants, which is essentially to keep what it perceives its territorial integrity, can’t be reconciled with the aspirations and objectives of the people ONLF represents!

The fitting name of that occupied region is Soomaali Galbeed. It is the common interest for all Soomaalis who reside there and not to give some clan-minded an excuse to squabble.

I understand it is a petty to bicker of a name considering waxa ka dhacaayo ama Xabashadda u geysaneyso deegaankaas. However and still, I don't know why some insist and prefer a clan name -- and worse, which was given by long gone colonial -- than a Soomaali-coined one.

Advocating a clan name given in that region by scheming colonials -- these same people waxba ma dhaamaan kuwa leh waan goosaneynaa because long gone Ingiriis colonial ayaa dhulkaan xukumi jiray.

Again, this is not the only region given a clan name in the great scheme of divide-and-conquer strategy and game; other Soomaali regions like Bari and Jabuuti both had it; both wisely were changed later.

To those who are suggesting Soomaali Galbeed being in Itoobiya, it never was. The so-called xuduud beenaad was never settled or internationalized, but being provisional to this day. That is why the so-called 'border' line is not xariijin, but continuous dhibicyo.

The '77 liberation war was not a failed policy. It is an insult to all Soomaalis who perished in their halgan defending and liberating their Eebbe-given land. We Soomaalis defeated Xabashi. But we couldn't and didn't defeat a then great power like Soofiyeed, plus its Cuban, Yemeni agents, not to mention Israelis and God knows who else.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

ONLF needs to stop alienating its people, "Win their hearts and minds" and ask for a referendum to secede from ethiopia.

Yeah I agree, I think they should a write an emotional letter to Gabre Dilla :D

Som@li   

ONLF has been doing very good job recently,soon or later they liberate thier occuppied territory.

Viva ONLF, and keep up the good work.