Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Most Recent Massacres Committed by ONLF

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

"But ethiopia won't allow them to secede, thats political sucide."

why do think been telling the ONLF that they could do so. furthermore, how can you ever tell without trying?

Your not this naive Naxar. ;) They have tried many diplomatic ways and i believe wrote many letters to world leaders and tried to bring their plight to world attention... the somali region and other regions such as the Oromo, Afar in which Ethiopia (Habashi/Tikery) controls have tried diplomacy and wrote many letters, but that hasn’t worked and thus resulted to violent resistance, but Ethiopia of course won't let go of these lands, it let Eritrea go only after a bitter 40 years of bloody war which resulted in the hundreds of thousands of deaths.

Watch this piece:

and little historical background: Ethiopia: An African Triumph

Khalaf, you are under the false impression that my views of the ONLF are based on Ethio-TFG realtions. thats not the case and i am, at very least, very sympathetic towards the ONLF and its goals. Yet the realty on the ground forces me to think the activities of the ONLF are at the very least unhelpful. Before the Somali Civil war, Inhabitants of this region were economically connected to Somalia (use of the Somali currency,better trade relations then they had with the Ethiopians), they spoke their own language, politically supported the ONLF rather then Ethiopian administration. this is no longer the case. Amaharic is more popular in Jigjiga then the mixed city of dire dawa. The Ethiopian bir rather then the Somali shillin is used as far north as borame. Local politicians armed with dollars and birs compete with the Unsupported ONLF. People have grown tired of wars and see more benefit in the development initiatives of the

Somali State of Ethiopia rather the empty patriotic slogans of the ONLF(Somalia itself can not get its house in order, what the heck would they secede to). The ONLF, in short, is seen at best as inefficient and pointless or worse, clan jabhat. We must understand that the most important weapon of a guerrilla fighter is a receptive populous. Without that, there is no war. as former guerrilla fighters, the TPLF knows how to defeat one. At the end of the day, that war is race to win the hearts and mind of the natives and as it stands today, the ONLF has very little going for it compared to the ruling EPRDF.

For the ONLF to make the mistake of not taking the concerns of the people to heart would only guarantees their defeat. for more can be accomplished by building a health clinic and schools rather then bombing and hostage taking at this stage. as for the referendum. Ethiopia continues to repeat that, if it is the will of the states people, they would do that. The ONFL should call the bluff of the EPRDF and ask for international monitoring. For them to just keep repeating that Ethiopia is not making promes in good faith and that they therefor will not even bother with it is very childish. Lastly, if they are not the patient, they should cut some kind of a deal with other jabhads like the OLF (a shared Diri dawa or Diri Dawa for Harar). So many better options then what they are doing know.

ONLF The O represents the name of the land unlike the ICU which represents one clan with different branches. ONLF had the support of all the people till they started using tribes as a weapon just as ICU did.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Seekknowledge:

ONLF The O represents the name of the land unlike the ICU which represents one clan with different branches. ONLF had the support of all the people till they started using tribes as a weapon just as ICU did.

It wouldn't matter anyway because you believe that they are both terrorists opposing the friendly state of Ethiopia! Let us not hide behind clan, clan iyo tribe this.....runta ha la isku sheego!

I don't see any difference between Ethiopians, ONLF TFG and ICU they are all the same.

Fatah_Al_Soomaal you want us to support your clan even if they are killing more than our long time enemy.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Seekknowledge:

I don't see any difference between Ethiopians, ONLF TFG and ICU they are all the same.

Fatah_Al_Soomaal you want us to support your clan even if they are killing more than our long time enemy.

Saxiib,let us be honest with each other. You see the I.C.U and O.N.L.F as terrorists whom hampering the progress of Ethiopia and the T.F.G in respective regions. You admitted this much in our last discussion. As for my clan raping people and killing whilst I support them, let me ask you: who is my clan?

Xoogsade   

^ That was poetic response saxib, waan jidbooday :D:D

I have to warn you about one thing, never mention your clan or infer, basically, madaxa ka jar everyone who is out of line maxaa kaa galay. There is satisfaction to be gained in holding up the somali flag and smash the stooges and quasimuslims among us.

Paragon   

ONLF oo sheegatay qasaarooyin nafeed oo ay u geysteen ciidamada Ethiopia.

Mogadishu 04, Nov. 07 ( Sh.M.Network)- Kooxda mucaaradka xoreynta Ethiopia ee ONLF ayaa sheegtay inay dileen ilaa 270 askar itoobiyaan ah axadii lasoo dhaafay ka dib markii sida aay sheegeen ay ciidamada Ethiopia kula dagaalameen tuulooyin isku raran ah oo kuyaala bariga geeska Africa

Waxa ay kooxdu sheegatay in inta badan askartaasi ay kudileen qaraxyo ay ugeysteen gawaari ciidamadu ay ka buuxeen

War murtiyeedkii ugu dambeeyay oo kooxda ONLF ku sheegato dilka tira fara badan oo ka mid ah ciidamada Ethiopia waxa ayna warkooda ku sheegeen in 270 askari ay ka dileen ciidamada Ethiopia isla markaana ay dhaawaceeen tiro aanan laxaqiijin waxa aay sidoo kale sheegeen in 5 gaari oo kamid ah gawaarida ciidamada daabusha ay burburiyeen kadib markii aay kuweerareen qoryaha nooca loo yaqaano RPG-7 isla markaana waxay cadeeyeen in gawaaridaasi ay askari ka buuxday marka la weeraray.

Kooxdan ayaanan ilaa haatan sheegin qasaaro dhankooda ka soo gaartay weerarkaasi iyadoo ilaa haatana aysan jirin wax war ah oo ku aadan warkan ay soo saartay kooxda ONLF saraakisha ciidamada Ethiopia.

Waxaanan ilaa haatan la helin warar madax banaan oo qasaarahaasi tilmaamaya iyadoo ay ugu wacan tahay wariyeyaasha oo intooda badan loo diiday inay goobahaasi tagaan.

Click here to find this article in English

Halkaan ka dhageyso warar ku baxaya luuqadda English ka

Shabelle Media Network Somalia

E-mail us:

Email Us:

Thats alot of Ethiopian, don't you think?

Khalaf   

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Originally posted by Paragon:

[QB] ^^Yes. I am one of those who does not share a tribe with them but supports them with hiil iyo hoo. Insha-Allahu in few year's time, markaan dibadda ka laalaanto gogosheyda and head home for good, I shall have the honour to fight beside my Somali brothers of Western Somalia.

--

No disrespect, but i don't believe u.....lakiin ninyahow whatever happened to [easier] project of writing to news outlets to bring attention to somalia? Ethiopia is supported by America, this is politics, vote Democrat ;) .....i think the best rought is to bring this conflict to world attention, for the media to focus on this issue like the Dafur conflict. I guess i will never understand why all somalis won't support this struggle, then again the entire muslim world watches the occupation of 3rd holiest place in islam occupied and victimizations of muslims around the world and go about their business.

Naxar sxb this time u are not being fair...not only should ONLF continue the fight...they should take it inside ethiopia if their demands are not met and human violations addressed that is way to win the fight....its a must to highlight this conflict as Dafur case as well......

ps: everything is connected sxb....is it a coincidence the year somali government was overthrown....Ethiopia granted Eritrea their independence?....Somalia is strategic this shhh was planned long time ago....

Castro   

^^^^ Right on yaa Khalaf. If I may just add that our deeply entrenched clan loyalties make the job of any occupier that much easier. And while there's always someone out there to get you, often, it is you who will decide if they win or lose.

Inshallah this nightmare will end. One day.