Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Most Recent Massacres Committed by ONLF

In this writing, I will highlight some, not all, of the shocking and inhumane acts by ONLF (the terrorist group who cowardly operate in the Somali region in Ethiopia) against the very people whose independence they claim are fighting for. The ONLF’s aims have varied over time, fighting against uniformed troops, to killing members of their own community as well as other inhabitants of the region.

Recently, ONLF raided a small town of Gole in Wardheer region. In testimony of their lack of morality, they (ONLF; a terrorist group) not only terrorized residents of Gole, but indiscriminately murdered seven people and wounded two, while kidnapping two others.

On May 28, 2007, a grenade attack by ONLF, claimed the lives of eleven Somalis during a national holiday ceremony held in Jijiga, the capital of the Somali region.

In a separate attack, the regional president Abdullahi Hassan was injured with fifty innocent civilians. Among those who lost their lives as result of ONLF attack were three local artists and other civilians as well.

It’s worth mentioning, the horrific attack by ONLF on the town of Dobawayn in Korahey region which also left ten civilians dead, including two schoolteachers and a pregnant woman. Unfortunately, that’s not all; on another attack on the town of Shilabo left five people dead. Meanwhile, a landmine planted by ONLF near Aware in Dagahbour region exploded, killing three civilians traveling in automobile.

Yet, on another act against humanity, ONLF massacred twelve people in the district of Lahelow near by the Ethiopia-Somali border.

ONLF has carried out horrendous human rights violations, including the execution style killings of innocent civilians. Through such acts, it has also gravely violated the principal of Islam which vehemently rejects the killing, robbing, raping and any thing inflicts harm against innocent human being.

Little was known about ONLF in the past, but they are being exposed to the international community’s eyes, by not other than their own ugly and merciless actions against the men, women and children in the region who simply want to live in a peaceful environment.

ONLF is enemy to the region and therefore, the international community should give the local people the capability to defend themselves from the enemy amongst them. Their mind is filled with hatred and ignorance. Killing, rapping and robbing of innocent people is not an act of bravery, rather, is an act of inhumane, reckless and most of all, is one of the greatest sins that is committed by any individual. No cause justifies the massacres of Gole, Lahelow, Shilabo, Dhobawayn, Jijiga and many other areas in the region as well. Therefore, the world should condemn ONLF and its actions to the fullest term. Particularly the West, must prohibit the ONLF leaders and agents to operate and plan attacks against the people of the Somalia in region, from their respective countries.

Abdirahman I. Mohamed-Takhal

atakhal@aol.com

here

HAVE YOUR SAY :D

nuune   

Even Tigreey media critics wouldn't try to write such a filthy article!!

It just shows how far the Hadhwanaag boys had gone, far away,

I would have expected this from the Ethiopian critics, but from a Somali fellow :mad:

That is what made me post this ...... hard to believe it is coming from Somalis walee.

Even the xabashi websites don't write such rubbish .....

me   

Hadhwanaag maxaa kaloo laga filayay.

ONLF waa rag u dagaalamaya xornimada umada Soomaaliyeed. Viva ONLF!

N.O.R.F   

Recently, ONLF raided a small town of Gole in Wardheer region. In testimony of their lack of morality, they (ONLF; a terrorist group) not only terrorized residents of Gole, but indiscriminately murdered seven people and wounded two, while kidnapping two others.

On May 28, 2007, a grenade attack by ONLF, claimed the lives of eleven Somalis during a national holiday ceremony held in Jijiga, the capital of the Somali region.

In a separate attack, the regional president Abdullahi Hassan was injured with fifty innocent civilians. Among those who lost their lives as result of ONLF attack were three local artists and other civilians as well.

It’s worth mentioning, the horrific attack by ONLF on the town of Dobawayn in Korahey region which also left ten civilians dead, including two schoolteachers and a pregnant woman. Unfortunately, that’s not all; on another attack on the town of Shilabo left five people dead. Meanwhile, a landmine planted by ONLF near Aware in Dagahbour region exploded, killing three civilians traveling in automobile.

Yet, on another act against humanity, ONLF massacred twelve people in the district of Lahelow near by the Ethiopia-Somali border.

We all support the ONLF cause but lets try to be objective here (dont jump on me people). How much truth is there in the above? Has anyone heard about these attacks? JB?

me   

Even if the ONLF killed few collaborators so what?

There are many Somali spies who work for the xabash. Its a war people not a picknic and blood will be shed.

N.O.R.F   

^^Not everyone is/was a spy saxib. If innocents are being targetted by the ONLF then it needs to be told.

I'm looking for facts here. Were these 'attacks' carried out? If so, who died? etc

me   

Originally posted by Northerner:

^^Not everyone is/was a spy saxib. If innocents are being targetted by the ONLF then it needs to be told.

I'm looking for facts here. Were these 'attacks' carried out? If so, who died? etc

Sxb this is a liberation struggle, the ONLF does not make it its policy to target innocent civilians. There are allot of spies in the region and those spies should be targetted and punished.

If the people killed are innocent then those responsible should be brought to justice by the ONLF.

Hadhwanaag wasn't reporting on the brutality of the recent xabash crack downs. The xabash killings, rapins and burning of entire villages. But they come here reporting on these so-called killings by the ONLF. Look even at the numbers that these hadhwanaag folks are claiming 7 and 11. How many did the xabash kill? why don't they report on that?

N.O.R.F   

^^I want to find out if there is any truth in the claims made by the author. Can we do that?

If any of it is true then how do you know who was a spy and who wasnt?

Hadwanaag may have it's motives but if there is truth in what they are saying then why deny it?

NGONGE   

Terribly written piece with many awful grammatical mistakes! It is as if the writer was in too much of a hurry to bother checking his words and ensuring that what he's written would make sense. Is it fury or, (more likely) the fact that he was spinning a disjointed web of lies and didn't want to lose his thread of thought by stopping and rechecking his work?

Anyway, ONLF is a domestic Ethiopian problem really..

N.O.R.F   

You have gone from denying ONLF may have carried out the attacks to justifying such attacks by stating they would be against spies (an easy get out clause) and then complain about Hadwanaag's lack of coverage on Ethio raids.

Excuse the questions,,,

Originally posted by Northerner:

quote: Recently, ONLF raided a small town of Gole in Wardheer region. In testimony of their lack of morality, they (ONLF; a terrorist group) not only terrorized residents of Gole, but indiscriminately murdered seven people and wounded two, while kidnapping two others.

We all support the ONLF cause but lets try to be objective here (dont jump on me people). How much truth is there in the above? Has anyone heard about these attacks? JB?
Yes i know some attacks are true here. These two in Jigjiga is true and i was in Addis at the time. That so called the president was preaching in a ceremony with hundreds of people gathered but unfortunately many of them died and injured coz of that blast. It was kinda tragic among the civilians.

nuune   

Norf, it doesn't actually take long to contact folks in Wardheer, Qorahey and Lahelow,

To be honest, khaasatan the town of Wardheer suffered alot in recent Tigrey attacks, alot of people died!