Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Most Recent Massacres Committed by ONLF

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Khalaf:

quote:Originally posted by SheekhaJacaylka:

And you never seen me having lunch in Jigjiga 2 months ago ....
:D

:D

wax walaan.

I saw u and i am going to report u, and have u excuted immeditaly.

ps: Not to take anything away from the topic, may Allah help our ppl. But i find it sad that when it comes to somali politics each region or ppl have their own hard core defenders that seem pop up when their region is discussed? lol why is that bal? Kismaayo u see certain peeps, SOOL/Sanaag certain folks, ONLF certain folks, ICU certain folks........yaab
Its called politics :D

Originally posted by Haneefah:

hebelJeceylka^I'm proud of you, even though I'm still perplexed by the irony of you claiming iney bahashu lafaha dadka ka gashey
smile.gif

depending on what you describe as Somaliland .... i know most of the somalis (from Somalia) know Somaliland as a clan but it is much much bigger than that and that is why i'm proud of my country. If it was a clan-based then i Xaaraam inaan taageero.

^^ Car markaad Jigjiga tagto email ama telefoon iisoo d.i.r oo Ladiifoow halkaasaan jooggaa dhe bal tagugu dhacda aad aragtide. Walaaggaa odambe ONLF amaan maahe waxkale laggaama maqleen haydey waxkasta bi iso :D

We, Somalis failed the ONLF struggle walaahi ... but one thing to admit is that they are really strong people just like the Palestenians.

God

Forbid, if the somalis don't get their acts together, there will be many liberation fronts. Now its just 2, south and Oggaden.....

^^I honestly don’t know the answer of that question. But some tribes in that region don’t feel like that they are occupied and hence see no value in fighting Ethiopians. Some think of this liberation fight thing as a futile exercise. Others fear the dominant tribe spearheading this struggle more than they do the Ethiopian occupiers. And so the list of the reasons of this organization not being that inclusive goes on…but there is a parallel org that also fights Ethiopia for the control of this region. It’s more Islamic in its outlook and has a better leadership than the ONLF. I support both movements, as long their goal is to liberate that region.

Ps there are others on this forum who are more tuned to the daily goings in that region that I am…so please step in and furnish relevant info about ONLF’s composition and strategies to good Gediid.

O-G-A-D-E-N is the region's name given by the colonialist. All tribes living in the region never had problems with the name until the Greater Somalia with their tribe minded brains started preaching it should be called Western Somalia (Somali Galbeed). Ironically these people have no problem getting support by Saudis even though the name of Saudi Arabia is the name of one family and preaching their idiology to the region.

^I'm a little confused.

How was the Greater Somalia movement clanist? If anything, I would have thought referring to the region as Somali Galbeed was more unifying.

^Calling it Western somalia might've been more unifying amongs somalis but it was sure a bad strategy and failed one. I believe making the region just another province of somalia like Siyad (R.A) did will never work and we know it did not work before.

The world believes that OGGADDEN is part of Ethiopia regardless of what we somalis know and believe. Somalia broke international laws when it crossed the border in '77. If we are to get back any land from either Ethiopia or Kenya, we oughto help these folks who live in these regions carve their own identity, separately from somalia that way, it wont be seen as 2 countries (somalia&Ethiopia) warring over piece of land. It wont look like a border conflict between 2 countries. We rather empower them, help them as much as we can and after the colonizers leave, we can unify the country instead of pursueing this failed strategy.

Gediid   

Does the ONLF fight only for the name it represents and the areas ONLF people live or does it include lets say for example liberation of Dira Dawa,Gaashaamo, Awaare(areas inhabited by other Somalis not belonging to ONLF people) or is the fight only for places like dhagaxbuur,Godey Shilaabo etc???

Paragon   

^^Yes. I am one of those who does not share a tribe with them but supports them with hiil iyo hoo. Insha-Allahu in few year's time, markaan dibadda ka laalaanto gogosheyda and head home for good, I shall have the honour to fight beside my Somali brothers of Western Somalia.

--

Back to the topic. What the author of the article has said is, to put it simply, a load of bollocks. I have seen the enemy's home-guards like him spying on locals before in the NFD. Such shady characters should be shot on the spot. Ffing imbeciles.

Gediid   

^^^What do you want me to do in return ,give you a cookie for that?

A couple of questions before I move on to another topic.....

1-ONLF is fighting the Ethiopian govt,does anyone know who many ONLF folks work with the Ethiopian govt whether its at the federal level or provincial one?

2-Isnt the ONLF related to the same family as the one of Abdillahi Yusuf,Does he in his capacity as the "President of Somalia" talk about the plight of that region to his counterparts in Addis Ababa?

3-Arent the leaders of the ONLF at one time or another part of the Siad Barre govt that signed away the Ogade-nia region over in 1988 and if so why didnt they wage a war then with the govt that signed away their region instead of fighting for him?