Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

New Somaliland Regions Created

Gediid   

This is the dumbest move ever.What Riyaale is doing here is try to extend his rule.The new regions in the west Gabiley and Saylac were both known to have been Kulmiye supporters and by declaring them as new provinces he hopes they will vote for himin the coming up elections.In his quest to get a second term Riyaale and his advisors think this is what it will take to win but what he has done is take Somaliland 17 years back.All the progress made trying to move from a system based on beel beel to political parties and democracy is now down the drain with his latest antics.I fail to understand why anyone in their right mind would think this is a step forward.

Gediid   

JC

I really want to blv you are smarter than the one liner you threw in.With one presidential decree Riyaale has set the clock for Somaliland back to 1992 when everything was about beel and reer.Anyone in their right mind can see that especially one living in Hargeysa like you.

The new regions are not based on beel beel sxb ,,,, you need to check the map again if you know the clan structure and geography of Somaliland which i hate to talk about it unless it is necessary.

Gediid   

Come on man first time I thought you were just playing around.You are not being serious,are YOU?

Examples

Gabiley

Caynabo

Oodweyne

Badhan

By breaking Seylac from Awdal,Awdal now becomes a one tribe province.Gabiley is a sub sub clan province.Breaking up Sool now makes it a one tribe province as well.Miyaan wadaa mise muran doon baad maanta tahay?

Baashi   

Waa la sarifay awoowe. Forces at work here are bigger than poor Riyale. Down in the sub-clan excel sheet there are those who claim to be “state less” sub clans. They point out the fact that districts as the SNM and later Igal’s separatist council inherited them had been altered exactly because of sub clan considerations. Saaxil is case in point. Argument at hand: leave the districts as they were founded or else if you are going to go down the “sarifaad” lane see to it that all local “interests” are taken into account. A solid argument and practical demand that can be easily met by the admin noh?

The irony here is that very secessionists who base the existence of an unrecognized fiefdom on three dubious pillars namely a) grievances committed against their clan -- them being a known tribe and only one tribe out of three main ones -- by regime that no longer exist, b) historical anomaly -- we are one of the original indigenous loose tribes colonized by one of the imperial powers (moral of the argument being because we’ve been subjugated by entirely different European power the current world order owes us recognition) and c) because of unfortunate calamity -- fed on and exploited by foreign vultures bent to shape the future of this failed state to their liking (they call them friends and lobby hard to get their blessing), -- descended upon helpless and quarreling clans have no end in sight, our young institutions have no recourse to do international transactions without having the privileges recognition confers upon the state -- these secessionists are now objecting to the "give sub clans their corner" policy!!

Believers in this nonlinear and some cases circular argument in which at its center is vindictive clan seeking to avenge the oppression they endured by carving out their own fiefdom are now up in arms and blame the guy whose hand had been twisted by some of the important constituents whose participation are key to the success of the big picture goal they passionately support. What gives? The funny thing is that act of giving the sub clans mentioned their own corner is perfectly inline with the founding principles of the fiefdom itself.

JB,

you keep saying that the people got what they wanted, was there ever a vote? What was the result? When did this vote happen?

and how can this be beneficial in anyway to the northern citizens, since there are critical issues that have not been faced so far, such as infra structures, health, and so on. How does this help them. Does it not take away from the issues at hand?

Enlighten us, as you might know something we dont.

Aaliyyah   

Lois JB and his crew don't care about in what way they will contribute to those new regions whether its health care or otherwise. All they want to attain is recognition even if it means it will cost other ppl their cities, ppl who want nothing to do with SL. It is funny how this will backfire though, and come against everything they pretended to stand for. Oh we want progress, we want peace, we cant be part of Somalia. Somalia is all about war, we wanna get somewhere . Oh world, dont you see we are not part of any of this? plz recognize us? we are peaceful region yada yada....i guess once they saw that card doesnt work, they decided to take the next step and take over regions?...it is all about having nothing to do with puntland...it has nothing to do with attaining peace.. it is very clear how can someone who wants peace initiate a war? ....need I say more?

NGONGE   

^^ I thought you had nothing to say on the issue? icon_razz.gif

I didn't took it seriously anyway. Never restrict yourself my dear. smile.gif

Gediid & North,

Why are you opposed to this when both the opposition parties seem to agree with the government here? There must be some method to this madnees surely!

NGONGE   

^^ I am confused now! What's the point of having an opposition if they can't stand up to the government?

N.O.R.F   

^^If the opposition publicly oppose this move they risk losing votes from those residing in those areas in the forthcoming elections.

Best thing they can do is delay it's ratification until after the elections and hope they win.

Gediid   

The irony of all this is we have Saaxil which Igaal(AUN)created before he passed away and it has not been ratified by the parliament but it exists and has its own governement.I wonder if this too will happen with the new provinces.