Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

New Somaliland Regions Created

I still have to understand why people are in a state of denial while they have nothing to claim.

You guys will have a better argument only when you have a country whateva its name is ,,,, I don't buy the non-sense of "Somalia is occupied" then still want me to join an occupied territory.

I support this action coz:

- It is a result of a long process of decentralization.

- It is based on the will of the people living in those regions.

- It will give the people a good chance of developing their respective regions without depending on the central government.

- It has a political impact in the eastern parts of Somaliland. (no need for an explanation)

- It is expected to generate an economic evolution in the long run although it is heavy weight for the moment.

- It will give the chance for more people to involve in the leadership and take part in the development process and governance.

- Competition will start among the regions accordingly.

- It will be a better chance for all the political parties to campaign in a smaller regions than the larger onces.

N.O.R.F   

LoL nonesense!

The will of the people. If I say I want my own gobol do I get one?

How does it give the people a better chance for developing theor region?

What is economic evolution? How will this e better for the new smaller regions?

Waar heedhe ,, from the day it is announced you've been asking series of questions without putting up your argument ,,,,

Lemme ask you:

WHY ARE YOU AGAINST THIS ACTION ???

Paragon   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Practical, Isseh, practical.

Aren't we all dreamers to some degree? Practical isn't so appealing to the masses...

Why the Creation Of New Regions and Districts Just Before Elections, and Given the Current Climate, Only Encourages Corruption and Competition for Already Scarce Ressources:

1- Regional and Districts Delimitations should be Preceded by Serious Preliminary Socio-environmental studies that underpin them, not least by Surveying its Practical Implications on Neighbouring Clans' Relationships.

2- Regional and Districts Delimitation in the Current Tense Atmosphere, especially in Sool and Sanaag, needed a Wide Consensus among all involved Sub-clans, Both Through Authentic Delegates as well as Mass Consultations (all the more vital in the light of our Somali Context).

3- The Administration should Proceed Coherently and According to Priorities, not least by adopting a Zero-tolerance Policy towards our Twin Plagues of Systematic, Large-scale Corruption Conjugued With Widespread Nepotism (duplicating a compromised bureaucrcay could only encourages unprecedented misappropriation).

4- The Current Political Culture means that this "devolution" will Only Create More Opportunities for Diverting Already Scarce Resources by Corrupt and Inefficient Bureaucrats, from Much More Crucial Collective Needs such as Drilling Water Boreholes and Staffing Schools.

5- The New Bureaucracy Class created only adds to the Competition for Budgetary Allocation when its Major Part is Already Diverted by the Military, leaving almost Nothing For Social Spending.

6- Any Truly Patriotic Administration Must Refrain From Cheap Populism and the Concomitant Vicious Cycle of Escalation (appealing to popular instincts and appeasing electors just before elections while risking tensions is utterly irresponsible).

7- Hardly any Reliable Report or Data concerning the Roles, Training and Productivity of Existing Civil Servants has been published; hence one can not safely duplicates at lower levels what is Primarily Considered as a Hindrance, With Neither Accountability Nor Transparency, as far as Public Services' Customers are concerned.

by a concerned constituent.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Northerner:

The will of the people. If I say I want my own gobol do I get one?

Exactly. If the people asked for it, why is it taking so long to produce an official map telling them which gobol they belong to?

Few extremely relevant points on why changing a Degmo into Gobol and other ersatzs could only further exacerbates corruption and clans' competition:

Gabiley Gobol Loo Magacaab: Gobol-nimo-se Ma Ku-helaysaa Waxay Dagmo-nimo Kuweyday?

Essential Bacground Information: Gabiley, for instance, was already a District or Degmo, where was based located "Dowladda Hoose".

RedSea   

Udub hadii urabo in dadka caawiyo booyado biyaa ha udiro meelaha abaartu kajirto sida Togdheer, sanaag, Gabiley oo coicedenly ah meeshu gobolada umagacaabay.

Dadkii ayuunbaa qabiil lookala qaybiyey wax laga raali yahayna mahan waxani.