Sign in to follow this  
Qac Qaac

NBA

RedSea   

^The lakers were,as in the days of the Shaq and Kobe combo,the Blazers were,the days of Rasheed,Pippen,Stoudamire,the Kings were the days of Peja,Weber,Christie.These are the years I am talking about,which was about 4 years ago,the NBA use to be fun,especially when my hometown team,the T-wolves were matched against the Kings or the Mavericks,they hated eachother so much,they would make your money worth every time one goes to their games.

I remember,back about five years ago,the big ticked aka KG had redicolous dunk against the KIngs,man I still remember,it was nasty dunk over some 7 footer.

But today,I hardly even keep up with the T-wolves let alone the rest of the league,it has alot to do with being busy but,however I watched the other night when they played againt the sixers,we beat them.

Play maker,remember,your statistics in the regular season can be off the chart,however when you get to the playoffs that is where you money counts.It doesn't matter how good you were in the regular season,in the playoffs all the good teams come out,therefore you have to compet against them,the regular season is just a gateway to the playoffs,and the Spurs own everyone when it gets there,although the team I was routing for was the Heat last year,I was happy to see my favortie player Dwayne Wade win a championship,making Shaquile like a superman,since he promised that he would bring the trophy to Miami the year he arrived.

good day,

Lake   

Its been a minute since I last posted...Things didn't change. Some folks still talking huh lol...

I honestly think the suns are going to make a move pending on (Amare's health)...He better perform too, his on my fantasy team.

Red, you are saying the the NBA isn't as exciting as the old days, but I have news for you.

There are plenty of excitement going around this league, starting with Lakers and ending with Lakers.

Any team that lakers faced or soon to face, has brought and will bring nothing but the juice you are looking for.

North, here is the link to that brawl... Knicks/Nuggets Brawl

The story begins with LayZieG paying close attention to Kobe and the lakers this season more than anything. Yes, I even went ahead and started taping the games on my Digital recorder when I am absent, and I actually avoid looking to get a glimpses of the score until I have a chance to fully watch it.(Its gotten real freaky, because only teams that I ever taped and later watched were the 76ers, I could never get enough of them no matter what)

The story of Kobe and the Lakers is something I can't just stop watching or talking about at work with my B-ball fanatics aka co-workers.

I am intrigued that a team that doesn't have much to offer other than their selfish Player in Kobe, and the absence of their true star in Odom, I really couldn't believe they were capable of going back to back overtimes against very decent teams and almost getting away with it, until Arenas and his 60pts performance came out with a W.

The story of Kobe and the lakers is a story that ought to be spread around to those struggling teams without their star players absense(i.e sixers) and those struggling teams with stars intacted(i.e Knicks, heat). They ought to tune in to all the previous several games of the Lakers and pay close attention to what I call, "Determination".

Lakers have proven to me and to all the hardcore Laker critics like myself that with A great Coach who is determined to Win, will make the small guys around his line up look like stars, and yes I speak of Phil the great Jackson. The best Coach in this great league they call the NBA, hands down.

This newly developed facination that I have for the lakers started that opening night against Phoenix suns, t superb performance on both ends, the suns and the lakers side.

The game was just breathtaking, and I knew right then and there that this season had alot to offer.(I even commented on it here)

Kobe worked with his teammates, kobe was kobe as well, and in the end, they got away with much deserving W. That night, I said to myself, it won't be long until Kobe comes out being the ole Kobe.

It took exactly a month, on Nov.30 for Kobe to show his true colors against that infamous game against Utah, and I watched it live that night, from end to finish. Except that total 20mins or so I walked out on third quarter when I saw the One man, look at me I am amazing show performance by kobe, but came back on the 4th to finish off the game.

That was the night when Kobe decided to remind us that he was still capable of being Kobe, so he came hard, took over that third quarter with a 30+pts, to me, I think regardless of 52pts performance or not, the outcome of that game could have been the same, a W for the Lakers.

Some of you might say, oh well, here we go again with another Kobe hater. I dont hate Kobe, I dislike him to bits, but at the end of the day I do admit the man is good at his job, better than good but he doesnt have to prove anything.

Everyone who follows B-ball knows Kobe is only one of few players in NBA history who can easily turn it on at any point of a game and come out big. Kobe is one of the best one on one as well as one of the most explosive players in the history of the game, but does that convince the Great Kobe that he is all that and more and not to continuously put his team and his coaches at risk. One of these days, this one man show is going to cost them, and its going to come, the question is just when.

The reasons why I dislike the man isn't because he is so damn good, that he had beat some of my favourite teams on the way to his greatness, or the fact that he had help in crushing 76ers only close call to getting that trophy on 2001, I don't hate him

for any of that. I hate him because of the behaviours he displays on the court, and a good example is that game against Utah Jazz on Nov.30th. Best record in the league coming in to that night against Kobe and the lakers, and the fact that he made it about himself yet again on the third quarter of that game, when there was no need to make it about him, he made it about him. He wanted to take the focus off Utah's surprising start, and the fact that they were previously beaten by Utah on what Phil Jackson called a game against not just Utah but the refs.

He wanted to take the media focus off them and on him, and ofcourse the next couple of days that followed, everyone was talking about Kobe and his 52pts performance.

Kobe has got to realize that the NBA isn't just an individual sport, its a team sport and he has teammates, better teammates than iverson has. Teammates who husle, who show that they are just as good as any nba player out there who is working along side a star such as Kobe.

Kobe cooled off, and started to share the ball after that night against Utah and they still continue to work together, win games and win good, and he is still putting up good stats, its a win win situation and from there on, whenever I would see a televised game that had the LAkers were playing in, I would either tune it and watch it or if I wasn't home call have it recorded for me onthe DVR.

Only other team I ever recorded was the 76ers, I just couldn't let one televised game slip by, so I would record it and watch it on my own time and thats what I am doing tonight against the bulls.

Lakers will come to play, and I expect another great team performance, and I suggest y'all tune in, because my DVR will.

The above was how the story started with the Lakers, but it all ends with, and yes, you guessed it, Phil Jackson. This man is by far the greatest coach living in the history of the NBA.

With Phil Jackson in the mix, possibilities are endless. Phil Jackson for Coach of the year.

Lakers brief stats for the season...

Only 8 losses and that is coming from fairly decent teams, such as Sonics, pistons, Blazers, Jazz, Bucks in november, and only

Hornets, Mavericks, Wizards in december losess.

Lakers still got 3 games to play against Spurs, should be fun. 3 games against Suns, 3 Games against Mavericks, 2 games against the Jazz and another 2 against their hometown team Clippers, and I am sure it will be fun to watch it all.

LazieG, i knew you was undercover fan all along..If i had a dollar everytime you said kobe i would be rich..

Anyway the trade is almost official denver will get AI for andre miller and 2 draf picks, too bad minnesota couldn't get it done but good for the nuggets..

As far as the brawl i think denver was wrong for rubbing the knicks on their face i mean c'mon you are up 20pts with less than 2 minutes left and you still have your starters in the line up, you have to expect the other team will retaliate. At the same time there is no excuse for what carmelo did.. It's all good that you are sticking up for your boy but don't sucker punch the man and back peddal like a little bi$ch..

ay layzie, i'ma have to hand you a ..'are you finished yet' about the lakers. let's just say i skipped all that you had to write because that's the same shyt i was tryna prove to yall the whole damn time with them posts, but no, you and ur co-signing jay-leno had to downplay my man, and now get a dvr after him. listen playgirl, lakers is the team to watch, because like great mike...kobe is making his players better than they are, and its not all Phil Jackson, you got that wrong, it's all KOBE. Kobe is making phil jackson believe in the team more than ever. Same thing michael did. so many bandwagon riders horta, i respect the fact that you came out, but your ball calling is weak, knowing which team is good and having a good back-up reason. I still haven't watched a full half or NBA game, but ay i don't have to read a book or watch every game about the lakers, coz kobe is on the same path, michael was on back in '87-90..believe that, its a matter of time, before they form a dynasty with the help of a couple arrangements, but that's my time for now

and yea about that denver trade, i just heard of, philly sucks more than ever. i never liked them, forget billy king or whatever his name is...i respected A.I on a personal level but that's about it. Cwebb was never the same. Andre needs a secure jumpshot to hold the face of philly..(its funny though coz on NBA live 07' i'll murk anybody with any team on some other shyt, lol, and i always pick every team to try out, and so far i'm scoring like 70 pts a game with kyle korver alone lol, but philly is a good team in nba live if u can use them right, not in reality though) Denver is not the team to beat, but they running in...but they will have a dynamic duo for sure. andre miller is a good assist man, but the dude ain't enough compared to A.I..and joe smith was my man since milwaukee days, but he's finished, top draft back in the day, but he's done now..his career was always off and on..but philly got ripped and i guess we have to see what Denver has to bring..so long

"Kobe has to realize, the NBA is not an individual sport" no offense but wallahi that shows the weakness of what u know, like so many others!! When shaQ is gone for whatever reasons, forget that, but who do u have left to score. obviously, he has to take over the game, coz it's all they got as a PURE SCORER, not PURE! he starts taking over all game as one, till he get to know his players, that way they find trust in this guy, for one full season, and then comes second season around, he knows that he will need his players in the playoffs, different story..coz last yr taught him somthing, when for example smush and odom came off flying, so he works with them, like all great players did, they go off a scoring spree, than they mature as players..this way they find trust, it takes time and downfalls before a player can uplift his whole team, kobe is still in his prime, forget his 11 yrs in the league, but i hate ppl who say, he's a hog, the dude ain't a hog, he wants to be the greatest of all time, and i RESPECT that, like michael jordan respects kobe, y'all need to get ur facts straight, when kobe wants to be the greatest, he tries to do that as an indivudal category which he proved, and now he is proving his team category.. he has matured upto the trick, that he has to bring his players with him, which now he is doing, and therefore u see what u are seeing now...my bad for my grammar and run ons, it's a quickie, so next time u say individual? think again!

sometimes on these posts, i pick playres and teams i like, rather than the ones that deserve it, i do this out of fun, coz its only a site, but when the real matter comes, i will admit which is good and which is better! got it, now get gone.

i skipped all that you had to write

So much for skipping, but yet you still can’t help yourself by responding nonstop.

Next on the agenda. Let me do the honours in reminding you on what you previously wrote in response to me calling you out on your lack of knowledge and your tendency to talk nonstop air....

This is also the same post that I am about to quote you on when you had asked me in so many words inaan kuu qaleeyo oo "slack kusiiyo", here we go.

listen gurl, we can all be fans of certain teams, but i'm trying to play the role of an analyst to determine who may win it all...

Sweetie, inorder for an individual to play the role of an analyst, one has to closely examine their subject, in this case "the game", but one does not reiterate what an "expert" of a major sports site had shared with his readers.

I really didn't want to call you out in the open like this, but you forced my hand when you said that this wasn't Phil Jackson's doing but Kobe's and Kobe's alone.

kobe is making his players better than they are, and its not all Phil Jackson, you got that wrong, it's all KOBE. Kobe is making phil jackson believe in the team more than ever. Same thing michael did.

Therefore, you left me no choice but to post a link to a an article written by one of the CNNSI.COM writer wrote recently...

Chris Mannix's take on the Laker's "Belief System"

In the article by Mannix's, he quoted one of the Laker's Asisstant Coaches as saying...

"What Kobe is doing is what Michael [Jordan] finally learned to do," says Lakers assistant coach Tex Winter, who coached Jordan with the Bulls from 1985-98. "Michael at one time was worse than Kobe at trying to take over the game. Once he got the idea that it was a team concept, we got much more effective. That's sort of the evolution I see with Kobe right now."

Sweetie, sorry to break it to you, but if you even so much as try to convince me that your opinion wasn't inspired by what Tex Winter was quoted as saying when he compared to then Jordan to Kobe, then you are in deeper than I thought you were in your denials.

The next time, you want to have a serious discussion, please form your own opinion and not that of others.

Lastly, this talk about " I didn't watch half a game since season start" is no excuse for you to go out reading articles of writers and making it your opinion and have the audacity to doubt the Zen Master aka Phil Jackson and his brilliance when it comes to teaching the game, you have another thing coming.

They don't call him the Zen Master for no reason, and he also has 9 titles under his belt, but I am sure you read about that somewhere. You also read that he is shy just one more title to put himself in the history books as the the coach with the most title wins in the history of this game, and lets not forget all the other records he has broken since he took over the lakers and prior to that with the bulls. I'm sure with Bulls 101 course, they will probably make lesson#1 by informing the likes of you that the Man they call the Zen Maser is the only coach in history of the NBA to win 3 consecutive titles with 2 different teams, no one has yet come even close to thinking about doing what he did.

This is a man I use to curse one minute and be amazed by the next when at the finals he literally took Jazz's hope of a title right under them, 2x. This is the same man that when he isn't around behind that bench, nothing gets done.

He is the one true coach that I actually believe knows how to utilize each player's weakness and turn it to a strength. He knows how to put pieces together and make a team out of it, and yes he got lucky to have had the greats such as Jordan, pippen, Shaq,Kobe etc playing for him, but he also had to fill those pieces to make these greats what they were and what they had come to accomplish. Who but the Zen Master called on that last shot against Utah in the finals when Jordan had someone on him, and instead made his cross-over move and made a pass to kerr who nailed the shot? You think Jordan just did it because he had nowhere to go or do you think that was a written play for kerr and the intent was to take the the attention off Kerr at first so he can be open for that Pass by Jordan?

Please, save your answer for someone who cares what you have to say about Phil Jackson, but everyone who knows the game knows what Phil Jackson is to this game.

Next time, I don't want to hear what you heard, or read, I want to hear about your take on the subjects we discuss here, since this is a discussion board, don't want to hear what Barkley had to say and how you agree with him, or that of Kenny or whoever else you tune in to.

PlayMaker, lol @ its denver's fault. Denver and Coach Karl can do whatever they please, and if that means keeping the starting line up on the court until the Buzzer goes off, its on them to deal with if injuries arises. I mean, Karl knew he was risking injuring his players by keeping them, but its his right to exercise as a coach by doing what he can for this team.

If Isiah saw that as an insult, thats on him, not on Karl. He is getting canned, I am sure he will see all the little things that would make the short time he has behind the bench more difficult.

I don't even understand why he is still waking up in the morning to actually come to a job that he knows would not be around by season's end, is beyond me.

His days are numbered, and why he bothers coming, knowing that the whole world is watching and his failure ways all along as a GM, and now as a coach and that finally the owners caught up with the rest of us, its about time, but better late than never.

The Iverson trade to Denver came as a shock, I had folks shouting at me at the hall way, DENVER GOT HIM, DENVER GOT HIM yesterday. I'm very skeptical of the future of Iverson.

After all, only way this will work is if he is willing to change his outlook on success. Everyone knows he is the man, but now he has to be the man to lead this team and become the man that has the ring, plain and simple.

Inorder to do that, it won't be easy because he has Karl for a coach and he has the pieces in Denver to go deep in any playoff, whether its this season or next. Iverson has come too far to reach at this level and he is lucky to be among a very dedicated coach such as Karl, but time will tell if this new relationship is doomed or if it can really work.

On the 76ers side, 76ers till the end. I will not turn my back on them, but at the same time, I question Andre Miller and whether this change will have a positive or a negative impact on him as a player. Can Andre go back to being the player he was in his Clevanland days? Can he be the explosive point he was.

Andre can definitely share the ball among the young 76er squad and with a good coach in cheeks, time will tell but I really think this is a win-win-situation for both sides. Billy King really did save his job on this, because if I was Ed Snider, I would have showed him the exit regardless.

Jaylaani   

Layzie,

Sorry boo, I will never look at at the Lakers with interest of any kind. I hated them back in the Magic days and I hate them now even more. That is all I have to say about that.

As far as AI and this crazy trade. I think Denver is good place for him. He went to a good team.

I became Sixers fan when they drafted AI. They are the home team and I will watch them as long as they have CWebb but like I stated before, I will follow AI where ever he goes (except the Lakers of course). Denver is my team now.

haha, We have jay changing his color uniform to blue..i don't blame you thou philly sucks big time..

LazieG there is unwritting rules in the sports not to embarass your opponents but george karl try to do just that and it cost him big time, he is gonna be missing two of his best players for 15 games..good job karl, you lucky they did that trade just in time or they would find their self at the bottom of their division.

I think the trade will work for AI, it's a perfect fit for him because denver is up tempo fast break team..

Jay Lakers are for real and they bring it everynight especially when you have kobe you know you are never out of it.perfect example the game against rockets down more than 20pts i still have that feeling the lakers had a chance to win and that's what happened..game against Utah samething..there were a lots of good lakers games that i wacthed this season and they were all good games..just try to watch one of these games and you may change your mind about this team..

First off, Salamu Alaykum all...and secondly wallahi in the name of ALLAH swa i have a big smile on my face as i write this. Lazie gurl, ya allah is my witness, on the whole khataab, wallahi iyo billahi i never ever heard of whoever u just quoted it from...and forget googling or foogling or whatever mechanism fake fans do to keep up on info.. that was my own thought up opinion and i swear by imam allah that i came up with that on my won, are u really ******????? i'm pissed on a seriously but funny mood coz thats like taking my authentic opiniion away..it doesnt take a genuis to figure that out...daaaaaaamn wallahi i'm still appalled...i said the same thing out of my own brain and knowledge, and yet..she goes around having a quoute coincidentally what somebody else said...and talk about I dont want to cal u out..listen lazie..i have nothing to lie about..i know more basketball than i need to know.. na'mean..and what i said about kobe's comparison to jordan, is by the witness of imam allah and my dawg sitting nxt to me, is my own words without having heard of any analyst in my life..allah is oneness..i aint gon' lie on that..so u might as well squeeze it in that u know shytt lool..good gracioius u iz one funny chick walahi..don't be mad at me and come up with ****** shyt like..once u said.."give me some slack..i'm trying to play the role of an anaylst"..when i said that..i was implying..give me slack as in as far as watching games this season..it has nothing to do with what i know or know not of.."i listen to what i hear or see" is also implying to watching game highlights, listening to yo who won this and that..THATS ALL..not no ****** white analyst or black or whatever pruple color he is..be easyyyyy..and fall back like u just got smacked!!!and when i said im playing the role of an anaylst..itz because seriously i am a fukkin analyst lol..ma bad for the choice of words but yo...i got sports written on my forehead na'mean...(i had the whole fantasy thing on lock 4 yrs back man..i'll even tell u my nick name so u can google it up and look for my score).. it was a metphor, supposedly..but ur young mind didn't get it..but yo i'm still happy and smiling like a mothafukka should lool about MY OWN FORMED OPINION and how a dude quoted likely what i said..wallahi it makes me feel great coz yo..thats the shyt that i know man na'mean..ay listen here...go homeeeeeeeeeeee...coz wallahi if ur gonna say i quoted that whatever the dude is..than allah can take away my soul this minute..and sorry for the words but im also on the verge of practicing muslim now..and lying is not even an option..so may allah forgive u for saying that i was lying..coz in all honesty what i put together as a conclusion about kobe and mike..thats like the same damn thing everybody around here knows..we used to eat breathe and sleep basketball..baby i balled since i was teeny high and unfortunately i had reasons to not go anymore..but yo..forget the basketball u watch..i played it all the way since my collegiate level, serious business..so i should know what the hell goes around the game..it's like math..u add up what u see and u have a formula for everything that goes on..but again..allahz luv do i yearn for and in his eyez..i got that opinion out of my own brain on a quick tip..so yo don't bother man...stick to march madness than come googling shyt up ..to hate on a brothaz knowledge..how many shyt did ppl say in the past that other white men started quoting on and saying WE AGREE...its not rocket since shawty..and besides ol'skool basketball thats like my degree right there lol...yo i'm out like lights out..no stressin..but yo u made my DAYYYYYYYY or NIGHTTTT..give a brotha props on my opinion...bisiiinka..allahh is one..im laughing like a madd scientist..salam

and before i truly leave..yo do me a GOODnfavour..quit going back like slavery days and quoting my stuff .."cut me some slack ..i watch or say what i hear or see...trying to play the role of an analyst" i was trying to be funyyyyyyyyyyyy and now she googles up an analyst and says..OH THATS WHAT HE MEANT>>HE COPIED THAT SAME ANALYST? LOOOOOOOl plz leave that alone..that topic was being discussed on a funny note..

what i watch or see, is talking about all about 2006 basketball, first month..since i never had the time to sit and watch a game!!!!!!!! so i turn to nba access or whatever for highlists ONLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY..thats what that meant!! playing an analyst means..i am making up my own information and what i know..i was tryna make it a metaphor but my poor grammar on a cyber site..lead u wrong..not acutally quoting anaylsts..u get it..ok ok i'm out now..u put energy on me at this time of the night..thats what happens when somebody is not lying..he gets fueld up..aight ...salaaaaaaaaam

P.S. yo playmaker sxb somebody tell this gurl to go homeeeeeeee and taker her off my knowledge..her and her dvrs on kobe after she counted him out

seriously, are there ppl watching this crap called nba any more?? i lived 10 yrs next to dodger to staduim and never bothered....same goes 4 the stapler center..! negros boyz with attitude..nba off course.

layzie, i see some 1 down on your line, hehehehe

card him 1st, me dont wanna see yah in jail.

:D:D