Sign in to follow this  
Qac Qaac

NBA

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by Just-A-Brotha:

quote:Originally posted by Just-A-Brotha:

[qb] and yes if it isn't the lakers this yr, i believe Suns will come out for them instead..along with spurs from the west. I will stick with the lakers even though.

You can't have your cake and eat it too...

If isn't the Lakers it will be the Suns or the Spurs or the....just pick one and stick wit it.

There is nothing wrong with being the Lakers fan. It will make you a flight 13 product but you will grow out of it eventually.

Read what I said, before going off. It clearly says, Lakers are my favourite to go far, and if they don't than the Suns are the only team, I see besides Spurs that can take it away from them, especially with Amare back and Jalen.

You might as well come out and say the entire Western Conference are your favourites to come to the Western conference finals to battle it all out???

You are worse than John Kerry, when it comes to flip flopping.

Getting back to this whole "MAGIC scene" MAGIC deserve just as much hype as any good team now, including Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Utah because they either are on the 10 win mark or surpassed it. They got a long way to go, but I highly doubt MAGIC would be the team to lead the east in the best record much longer. They always collapse somewhere in the middle. Too much hype can sometimes get into your head, and thats the case with the Magic.

My favourite division, the Atlantic division is in need of rebuild, I mean, we have Boston leading the way with 5-8, only one less loss margin than 76ers,raptors,nets. The only worse team among this weak division is knicks, and I'm sure all that hype about them getting together this season left them standing somewhere at the bottom again.

The east might look weak, but they are the most exciting conference among the two, and they will continue to struggle, but at the end, when it counts, east gets it down and so do my 76ers.

Did y'all see the Golden state creeping its way into winnerS? This team is the team that finally gets that deserving 7 or 8th spot in the west seeding, keep an eye on them. It be wonderful to have all of 4 California teams to finally be in the playoffs.

That brings me to today's Trivia.

Did the state of California's 4 NBA team ever made a playoff appearance together, if yes, when was the last time???

PS:Cheaters, don't google your way into this answer.

Jaylaani   

I would say no. in any given year, either the Clippers or the Kings were bad. I know the Clippers made it in 93 or 94 under Larry Brown but I don't think the Kings were good enough to make the playoffs yet.

haha jaylani and co signer layzie, u killin me here, pick the whole conference kulaha.. listen gurl, we can all be fans of certain teams, but i'm trying to play the role of an analyst to determine who may win it all... and wallahi i haven't even watched one entire half or full game of an NBA season this year, yet to come, I'm just using what I here or see..so cut a brotha some slack will ya

The answer to my Trivia is no team among the 4 ever made a playoff appearence together, but I have no facts to back it up, and as always JAY is right.

30assistS? Was it before shaq's time or after Shaq's time? MY guess would be it happened when Darrel Armstrong was around, did he dish out that many assists.

nah u wrong and i doubt anybody remembers this, i was in maybe gr 2, watchin it my memory re-calls scott skiles against the nuggets..GOT IT? Now get Gone lol..i grew up watchin ball since superman draws lol ..but now fo real NBA now is kinda wack, there's no defense cause you see role players averaging 20 pts a night. back than if u avg 20 pts ur playing in the all star game, believe that. things done changed

Jaylaani   

Clyde was the super star a lot of people didn't pay too much attention to just because he was in Portland, a very small market city.

He was the reason the Blazers passed on Jordan in the NBA draft back in 84. He was one of my favorite players of all time. He single handedly made the Rockets a power house team in their SECOND championship run. Remember when the Rocket made that trade, Hakeem was injured and the Rockets were 500 team. They were the lowest seat (6 seat in the west) to win championship in the NBA history. They also faced eliminations 8 times including being down 3-1 in conference semi finals against the Suns. Clyde was a large part of their championship run that year.

Play, Thanks for putting this guy up.

you right clyde was the man, he reminds me of the iceman for some reason, gervin. horta, there were a lot of great players man, who ran into some tought times. i'd like to name a few, danny manning was a big flop for the trade rights to my boy dominique..and one dude i kind of feel sorry for but wallahi was ill was my boy shawn kemp, yall remember the dunks..i was a kevin johnson fan, infact the whole phoenix squad, remember wayman tisdale lool ..but yea penny was my man, so was dennis scott and nick anderson, huge magic fan, there's too much too name man,

my question is in the mid 90's only who would u pick as ur top 5 starters for each position..here is mine..

C-Patrick Ewing

PF-Shawn Kemp

SM-Vin Baker

SG-Michael Jordan/Mitch Richmond/Penny Hardaway

PG-Gary Payton/Kevin Johnson

ps..note i'm talking about when they were in their prime, for example, when vin baker was on the covers and so forth..

Jaylaani   

Now we’re talking.

Penny had a few good years in Orlando. Little Penny and Tyra Banks were the shyt in these Nike commercials. Christ Rock voice was hilarious.

KJ was the man. I still remember that nasty dunk on Hakeem.

Vin Baker had couple of good years with the Bucks than he hit the pipes and lost it all.

Shawn Kemp could have been one of the best of all time if he would have kept his knows clean. I just can’t believe you would pick him over Barkley or Malone.

Dominique was one of my all time favorites along wit Isiah Thomas, Hakeem, KJ, Clyde, and Patrick.

I never seen the Ice man play…I only heard about him

Here is my list of my starting five (MID 90’s)

PF Karl “the mailman” Malone (never like him but I have to respect his game)

SF Scottie Pigpen (the best all around player of all time) Point forward

C. Hakeem “the dream” (Big man shouldn’t shake guards like that)

SG. Michael “air ‘ Jordan (Need I say more)

PG. John Stockton (You just can’t ignore his ability to manage games)

I think Grant Hill would go down in history for being on of the best ever. Injury robbed him from a great career. He is the Duke player I would pay to see.

I like your list guys but i don't think Vin Baker belongs to that group..

Here is my list.

Center..The dream hakeem/David Robinson

P/F Shawn Kemp/Charless Barkley/Chris Webber

S/F Pippen

S/G Penny,Mj and Grant Hill.

you right Jay that nike comercial was off the hook..

P/G Kevin Johnson/Tim hardaway

I will destroy your team any time guys.

you right man grant hill was a tough player, but i never liked him because they labelled him as 'baby jordan' he was one of the first, and so that's why lol but his game was respected

My starting line up compared to Jaylaani's..as you can see i've picked player's that most would say they forgot about..but patrick vs hakeem, i won, because hakeem had role players, so did knicks but dirty work defensive players only..shawn kemp again, i think i won, because when i compare malone and stockon, compared to kemp and payton, some can say it's fair because they each had the western championships two straight years, so my favour is the exciting team the glove and kemp..vin baker and pippen, you win there, but still u gotta respect the potential of baker..shooting gaurds, were tied...point guard u said stockton, i saw payton..he bad better offensive game and better defensive game. so i won there lool

Vs playmaker..patrick ewing vs hakeem, i think i won, against david robinson i won despite his 71 point game and mvp yr..power forward we're tied..shooting guard were tied..yall forgot about mitchmond horta..man was hype all star mvp 94...come on man..as for poing guard..it's a tie because u also picked kevin johnson..but my starter was payton which will rip kevin lol

Jaylaani   

Just,

Patrick over Hakeem? Are you kidding? That is laughable brother. Hakeem was probably the best SKILLED center ever and he did it in both sides of the floor. He embarrassed David Robinson in the conference finals back in 95. He swept Shaq in the finals and he converted Patrick a jump shooter in the 94 NBA championships.

Have you seen The Dream play or you just heard about him? I know you live in Canada but that isn't an excuse to be ignorant about this guy. You must be the only person who would say Patrick could out play Hakeem one on one.

BTW, I was the ultimate Patrick fan. I just KNOW Hakeem was better.

Malone was the greatest Power forward in the history of the NBA. Second most total points behind Kareem...C'mon.

I don't like Malone or Stockton but they were the best in their respective positions. Talking about defensive force, yeah the glove was good on the ball defensive player in his prime but Stockton has more steals than any one else in the history of the NBA.

I will take KJ over Payton any day.

Your list is more like whom you LIKE . Mine is about greatness.

Grant Hill was supposed to be “the savior of the NBA” but I don’t recall him being called “Baby Jordan”. I thought Penny was the next Jordan coming!

I could be wrong though.

Playmaker,

Your list is off the chain. I respect that list.

Layzie,

Where is your list boo? I know you love Grant but who else?

Khalaf   

aight......great list sxbs.......but what about old school vs. new school?

old skool:

C: THe dream: Hakim

PF: The mailman (kemp one of the greaest dunkers...but dis post belongs to mailman)

SF: Pippen (Bulls team i grew up wit......big ups)

SG: Greaest playa all time: MJ

PG: The glove Gary Payton

new skool:

C: Shaq

PF:Kevin Garnet/(duncan back KG)

SF:Carter

SG: Kobe (never be 1 better den mike, i dont like kobe but respect his game)

PG: Iverson

it would be fun to watch tho