Sign in to follow this  
MoonLight1

Siyad Bare: A Dictator or a Dear Leader?

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

Gabbal, you have posted a news briefing article which shows hints that Siyaad may have been plotting to overthrow the government way before the actual date.
:D
Not much else is there awoowe. Somali tribes were armed to the teeth since the era of the Mad Mullah.

Yes corruption was there, but whatever that was there became nothing after Siyaad Barre introducted his brand of corruption.

Your spin is noted! Having said that, I would stay away from clan accusations in this discussion awoowe.

I didn't think I would ever accuse you of being a shallow reader.

I introduced a CIA report that describes the situation in Somalia on the eve of the revolution as would be described of the year 1991 during the fall of the government.

The Somali people were armed, national institutions were tribal based, and the mix of politics and tribalism had the system imploding on itself.

^That alone addresses the popular misconception of Siad's legacy being the introduction of tribal politics or the phenomenon of armed clans. These things existed well before and his government. Combined with the corruption that existed then (the irony is you accuse Siad of corruption when even his most fiercest critics do not) there should not be any question why the carcass of the 60's government was not discarded with.

However, I contend aspects of battle plans against various rebels and other mistakes of the government are and should be up for legitimate debate.

Just not the legitimacy of the existence of that government or other unfounded slandering of which you lead in this topic, for personal, tribal, or reasons of otherwise.

Originally posted by Ducaysane:

I bet Abwaan believes Caydiid did good for Somalis then ina siyaad.

Dont wory, he is just making no bones about his disat with the establshment. :D

Originally posted by J11:

From Corruption to Dictatorship to Chaos.

And dictatorship is better than chaos.

Exactly, but in fact this to ppl like Libaax San-K, Wacdaraha Aduunka & ehm other boyz on the block who still understandably stuck somewhere in 1960s will not make any difference, isn't it? any somalis would tell you the true nature of this so-called somali goverment we did have in 1960s. kii la arkaaba waxuu kaaga dhigayaa inay ahayd somalia's golden days! :rolleyes:

Go figure!

War ka daa Duceysanow. :D

And so Duke believes Yeey did better than ina siyaad, so JB believes ina cigaal was the greatest politician, this reminds me of the somali proverb "Nin waliba ceesaantii ceelka geysay"

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

Corruption = Kenya

Dictatorship = Zimbabwe

Chaos = Somalia.

Pick one boys, and run with it.
:D:D

Heh. Kenya and Zim weey liiqliiqanayan. they are probably where Somalia was in the 90s. But due to a combination of things(wadaninimo,intl intervention etc),these two countries are barely functioning: Someone once said, "Kenya,rim-ka ayey kusocotaa".

Maji hauozoleki said the swahilis, hada iyo xaal. what lessons have somalis learned?

UZTAAD   

ok let me rate all by gone somali goverments in 10/10 system

I will rate them like this depend on their acheivemts and failurs

Aden Adde 7.50

Sharmarke 7.50

Siyaad barre 5.00

yeey 3.00

shariif 1.5

I think this is fair assessment

Paragon   

Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

quote:Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

Corruption = Kenya

Dictatorship = Zimbabwe

Chaos = Somalia.

Pick one boys, and run with it.
:D:D

Heh. Kenya and Zim weey liiqliiqanayan. they are probably where Somalia was in the 90s. But due to a combination of things(wadaninimo,intl intervention etc),these two countries are barely functioning: Someone once said, "Kenya,rim-ka ayey kusocotaa".

Maji hauozoleki said the swahilis, hada iyo xaal. what lessons have somalis learned?
Lessons, indeed.

FB, one thing we don't understand is that as Somalis, we've gone through it all (or atleast most of it) but what of the countries in Africa and everywhere else in the world that are struggling with the first stages of domestic problems?

I fear for them because it awaits them down their path of history. I was so concerned for post-election Kenya. It's as if the masses are held on a leash.

So for Somalia, I think it's best to see the positive side of things. Somalis know what these domestic are through real experience.

The only way from down is UP!

Let's work on going UP then, people. Time for talk is finished. Act NOW.

Abwaan   

Originally posted by Ducaysane:

loool...I wonder goortaan afhayeennada yeeshay oo aniga ii hadla...and when did I say that comment? Yaab badanaa...War labadooda mid godka aakhiro biyo qabow iigu keenaya ma jirto and wixii ay geeysteen iyo wixii ay galeenba Ilaah baa ka abaal marin doona, waxaanse la yaabay Duceysane adigana markii duqii taariikhdiisa laga hadlay maa meel ku xanuuntay and people wonder why we are where are today?

Runta aan isku sheegno maxaan Siyaad iyo odayaal qarriban ugu dhegganahay markii dhallinyaradii aysan ka roonayn.

AUN Siyaad wuxuu ahaa taariikhdaa qoraysa Soomaaliduna waxay tiraahdaa "Waa beryey sacabbo laguma dedo". Ruux amase cid inkiri karta dhibaatada uu Soomaali u geystey ma jirto, adigana waxaan ku leeyahay duceysane not hakugu taagnaato ee Hakugu qalloocnaato!...lol

Allamagan duqa adiga inaad intaas dhaanto ayaan moodey!

Gabbal I am sorry I don't wanna discuss anything with you in private. Anigu sanduuq wax lagu qarsado ma ahi wixii aad qabtid inta keen intaad assumption iyo sidaas bay ahayd iska deysid!

Paragon   

Abwaan, dhib malaha haddaad runta sheegto balse wada sheeg, hal qayb un oo keliya ha ku ekaan. I think that's the only way to be fair.

Dhan walba wax baa jirey, Illaah baa na lehe.

Abwaan   

Originally posted by J11:

Abwaan, dhib malaha haddaad runta sheegto balse wada sheeg, hal qayb un oo keliya ha ku ekaan. I think that's the only way to be fair.

Dhan walba wax baa jirey, Illaah baa na lehe.

loool...J11 and who said wax ma jirin? I thought that the topic was about Siyaad Barre. Did I say warlords were the best option? All of a sudden the topic has changed to "Adeerkeey maxaa laga rabaa, adeer hebelba waa jiraye"?

Soomaali silicaan waxaa u horseeday all the elite iyo odayaashaan aan ka hadlayno oo dhan iyo dadka ay ka dhasheen oo qabyaalad indho-la'aan ah ku taageera xumaan iyo sammaanna iska daba orda

Need I say more? I think many SOL members need to wake up and face the reality. Other than judging someone on a nonesense that some1 adeerkiis difaacay repeatedly says in order to divert attention and assumptions ask someone's opinion on issues before judging!

Abwaan, I like how you write somali. you are good at it. If it was not aabo Siyaad Talyaani baad wax ku qori lahayd.

markaad lee dahay dhibaatada maanta somaliya haysta waxaa ka danbeeyey ina siyaad. yaad u ceeb qarinaysaa? runta lee sheeg saaxiib.

Abwaan   

Duceysane, dear brother amase meel haku xanuunto amase yeysan ku xanuunin... Wax aan Ilaah qarin anigu ma qarin karo, qof/koox Soomaali diley, dhacay, xaqooda duudsiiyey beri baan ka ahay mana qaadayo masuuliyaddaas. Wixii aad rabtid iska dhaadhici haddii wax laguu sheegi jirey anigu waan kuu sheegay, haddii ay kugu socon weyso anigu ku gees iyo gafuur xiri maayo.