Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

AT was right, Sharif not a leader

Thierry.   

One of the rare occasions I and Naxar Nugaaleed agree. Sh Sharif failure is a collective failure. A man can only work with what he has at his disposal. Even before his inauguration he was on the path of doom.

The man received empty support from the masses and empty support from the international community. One faction cheers for him hoping he will succeed without giving money and boots, another faction sits back hoping his tenure is a failure so they can sit on the ever rotating golden chair and the last and worst group are hell bound in killing his government for a bliss full hereafter.

No one realises that if he fails some other poor sole will have to pick up the mantle and face the same predicament. Why not assist the man so that when it is your turn you will have a easier path.

The president is not free of criticism creativity in the art of war is not his forte. However this is Somalia’s Failure.

http://www.somaliaonline.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/9/21174

nuune   

The man received empty support from the masses and empty support from the international community.

Thiery, the man received full support from the masses and full extended support from the international community, the problem was, he didn't know what to do with it!

PS: Welcome back sxb, saad jabadka u gasheyba maba lagu arag :D

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

I am sure Xinn's change of mind is coming from his genuine desire to see the rebirth of the statehood of Somalia. His patriotic credentials are glittering. But cynics might also take this transformation with a pinch of a salt. It has coincided with a period when Sharif is not popular among Puntlanders, because he is involved in power struggle with the Prime Minister. I am not among the cynics this time, though.

I don't question Xinnfanin's good heart on this matter.

I agree. It's nothing to do with Puntland. Xiin saw that the game was up and is wisely jumping ship. Only, unlike Norf, LG and Theiry, he strolled his way to the plank. Some would call that slow but, like you, I'll give Xiin the benefit of the doubt and mumble something about wisdom. :D

Thierry.   

Nuune if support means cheering, and getting islaamo to sing at visits to Somali populated cities in the diaspora then the man had overwhelming support.

But the support I speak of is the more tangible and it comes in two M’s, Men and Money. I will be the first to admit that I haven’t sent a penny to his government nor went to aid him in his political or military battles. His government has been unable to pay it's soldiers and we sit and talk about failure.

The man is no saint and has made several errors. However only few men can succeed in the current Somali climate.

The author in a interesting book I'm reading at the moment made an interesting comment.

"Why should African leaders be accountable to their people, when the people dont pay taxes",.

Lool no internet usage at home sxb that’s how to live a blissful life.

That Sharif has failed is not a moot point. When I said by any standard, I meant it. Politically, militarily, and otherwise, the man has greatly disappointed in the utter failure he presided.

His failure is political in nature; it does not entail criminality however.

I still believe he is a good person as an individual.

Haatu   

Xiin is right. I knew he failed from the moment he set foot in Villa Somalia but I hoped he had something up his sleeve. It turns out he didn't. But what really disappoints me is that he had a young (by some standards), educated cabinet, but unfortunately they could not get rid of sleeze. All they managed was to exacerbate it. Unfortunate really. But then again this notion of federalism and 4.5 was flawed to begin with. Nothing beats a strong unitary state. Back to the drawing board.

So xiin what now? Bon voyage to P/land or political retirement? :D

What now, you asked, soo maaha awoowe?

Federalkan baas een dad aan aqoon u lahayni hadal hayyaan baan soo nac-nacayaa ayyaamahan :D

Even Faroole is begining to disappoint me , waxbaan qafaalayyaa buu ku leeyahay asagoon fake notes airport ka degey qaban karin...

Haatu   

Faroole waaba doqon'ee sheekaddiis na dhaafsii awoowe.

Laakiin dadkan aan aqoonta federaaliga aqoon yaa waaye bal? :D

Once again, what now mise retirement'kii baa already gashey :D

Abwaan   

Malaha mid walba markii adeerkiis shaqada laga eryo ama uu jago uu filayey waayo ayuu Shariif this and Sharif that ku qarwayaa (Runta mala isku sheegoo) :D . Qofkii aaminsanaa in Sharif Xalka Soomaaliya oo dhan hayo awalba si fiican uma fekerin. Sharif keligiisna Soomaaliya ma dhisi karo mana dhisi doono. Kolleey dad badan waa dhaamaa oo I beleive inaysan hooskiisa gaarin...lol

Waxaa la yaab leh kuwa dadka ugu qabyaaladda badan ee halkaan soo gala haddii ay Sharif qabyaalad ku haystaan. Maba la xishoonayo. Bal horta muraayad halla isku wada fiirsho oo Ilaah ha idin tusa muuqaalkiinna dhabta ah ee aad inkiraysaan.

Afeef "akhyaarta qaar kuma jiraan tilmaamaha aan kor ku xusan, laakiin waxaa Soomaali tiraahdaa, Farta iyo meesha bugta ayaa is og" :D

^Abwaan waa adigii Cabdilaahi Yusuf aflagaadeyn jirey bal Sharif maxuu maanta ugadu wayanyahe. Tabar la,aan tala xumo iyo gaal haku waardiyeeyo beey labaduba isla wa daagaan. Sharif munaafiqnimo kusii darsadey.

Midakale shaley waxaad dadka ku ceeneyse hadaad maanta ku dhax dabaalaneysid hadee say cid waxa uga sheegi kartaa.

Laakin we can agree far kaliya foolma dhaqdo. Taladu Shariif waxee ka xu maantey when we went to Addis right after he get elected.He should have gone to Xamar, Garowe and any other "friendly" Somali town to seek people's support.

Originally posted by The Zack:

Abwaan, in one sentence, tell us what Shekh Sharif has accomplished so far? I say 0, do you agree?

Xaaji, what would you have accomplished if you were him?

Bal noo soo bandhig.

Af waakoo mey liki aamee horey loo yiri.

About his critics, some do accuse him being soft and not taking the fight to Barbaarta's den.

If he did that, some others would vehemently accuse him being a war criminal and doing xasuuqid as the result of that expected war.

In the same breath, they accuse him not trying hard enough negotating his opponents. How hard can one try when your opponent is ready to slaughter you at any given chance? Xataa gacantaa u taagtid waa lagaa goynaa -- literally.

Soomaali dacaayadooda wey iska badantahay. They expect one person to perform some miracles. Hadduu ciidamo shisheeye u wacdo, waala eedeynaa. Hadduu ciidama u yeeranin, in his powerless position waala eedeynaa of not doing much. Meel loogu baxsado maleh.

Qof chance lama siinaayo. Never.

The Zack   

^So what you are saying is no one can accomplish any thing at all? Well in that case no one including your buddy, Abwaan, should be coming to this thread and be telling us Sharif is better than his predecessor.

Like Che said, Sharif's failure started when he started walking on the nasty footsteps of Yussuf by taking orders from Addis Ababa.

What the critics would've said if he fought harder against the Shabaab is not important here. The majority of Somalis are looking for positive results AKA peace regardless of what path the president takes to get it. Sharif wasn't able to deliver that therefore he should step now aside and let others try it.

Duufaan   

Originally posted by nuune:

[QB]
The man received empty support from the masses and empty support from the international community.

Thiery, the man received full support from the masses and full extended support from the international community, the problem was, he didn't know what to do with it!

Somalis accepted but did not give support and international community did not want or plan to help him or help somalia. they created a parlament with 500 members and they told him not to negotiate anybody, at the sametime they were dealing Puntland and somaliland separetly.

That he was doomed to failure was a sure thing.

The man is a spineless turncoat who would sell his soul just to temporarily be called 'madaxweyne'

a cowardly puppet that hides behind African mercenaries ... who's entire government controls less than 2 square kilometers.

Abdullahi amxaar comes out smelling like a rose compared to this one.