Sign in to follow this  
Pujah

GAME: Test your Somali

Taleexi   

Originally posted by umu zakaria:

Cant anyone tell me what these words are, only in Somali.

LMAO

VIVA

dont jump over it just answer. was that not the rule?

Lmao = Qosol ladhac

Viva = Waar, raag dee tani way micno badan tahay

Taleexi   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Qosol la dhac xee tahay. Ereyada kuwa lasoo gaabiye waayee, oo ah 'laughing my *** off.' Marka it should be:

Laughing my as's off = dabada ayaan ka koodooyaa/qoslaayaa.
:D:D:D

The world of languages you can't have literal translation all the time. Haddaan kuu jilciyo qosol baan la dhacay [/b] baa ku habboon Laughing my *** off...... unlike as you put it up there. okay ya MMA.

Originally posted by *Pujah*:

Since we are here everyday we might as well learn from each other and increase our Somali vocabulary base in the process.

Rules: post one or two English words and the next person will post the Somali version of that word, try not to post explanations. We need one word that conveys the exact meaning of the English word.

I will start

Restrictions

Compliance

^ smile.gif

What a fascinating and original idea, Mz P!

... Am loving it very much, even though, I think it would be a lot more fun if we took the liberty of sexing up the English words-- just a little-- so that, while learning the Af Soomaali, we might in the process getter a better grasp of the English language as well.

Now, for those nomads who are very erudite in the Somali language, could y'all please help us with the interlingual rendition of the following English words into Af Soomaali? :D

1) Resarciate?

2) Adimpleate?

3) Isangelous?

4) Sospital?

5) Sophronize?

6) Obarmate?

7) Inobligality?

8) Krioboly?

9) Acarasial?

10) Vadiation?

As you have noticed by now, these words, I reckon, wont be found in your everyday average banter. Thus, please take the time to learn them and use them in a sentence or so, and also provide the equivalent translation in Af Soomaali.

Many thanks to you all in advance... :D