Pujah

GAME: Test your Somali

Originally posted by sheherazade:

I think u just took the fun out of it.
smile.gif

back to how it was!

partypooper
smile.gif

Walaaley, this is not a case of being a party pooper. It makes sense that we try to kill two Shimbiro with one dagax(if you get my drift? :D ).

party pooper = Bashaal burburiye.

Now it your turn: Defeatist!...Like Scheherazade refuses to confront her defeatist attitudes and understand that her pursuit for general knowledge is placed at risk by not taking up the latest challenge in this thread. :D

^

I am, but that's besides the point. If my translation wont suffice, how else would you define 'Phyche' in Af Soomaali without harking back to Greek Mythology?

Oh my I didn't know the story, just read it on wiki, very sweet. I don't really care about the Somali word for the psyche I was referring to, thanks for the story-fix. Wish it would put me to sleep, it's very late.

^all I'll need is a bib and a high chair then! Still up, hungry and achy but no sign of being seduced by sleep. Botheration. I need to be clear-headed tomorrow. Today even. Ahh.

Originally posted by Taleexi:

quote:Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Qosol la dhac xee tahay. Ereyada kuwa lasoo gaabiye waayee, oo ah 'laughing my *** off.' Marka it should be:

Laughing my as's off = dabada ayaan ka koodooyaa/qoslaayaa.
:D:D:D

The world of languages you can't have literal translation all the time. Haddaan kuu jilciyo
qosol baan la dhacay
baa ku habboon Laughing my *** off...... unlike as you put it up there. okay ya MMA.
[/b]
Kaftan iga ahayd, xaaji. Inaa ila fahmeysid moodee.

Somalina   

^Macalin waa inaad wax soo qortaa markaad ka jawaabto su'aasha, duh. La qabso sharciga casriyeysan beeralaynimada badan naga daaf. smile.gif

Next word:theorist

Hadda kahor ayaa qaamuus Soomaaliyeed ku arkay micnaha Afsoomaaliga ama ereyga u dhigma ee ereyga 'theory.' Wuxuu qaamuuskaas u micneeye 'qaacida.'

Marka haddaa raaco qaamuuskaas, theorist waxaa la dhihi karaa 'qaacidoyahan?'

Intaa iloowin, here is my word:

Punctual.