Sign in to follow this  
Dhubad.

Somalia in 1978 - Pics

Castro   

Originally posted by Kashanre:

My suspicion is some are agnostic, clearly it shows and Allah (SWT) will have the final judgement of them...

You probably suspect we all know each other too. And we gather online and conspire to put down Islam. You also suspect we are on some Zionist agency's payroll. Grow up ninyahow. After 7 pages you're still to make a statement, ask a question or rebutt someone's post. What in God's name are you doing in this thread?

Originally posted by Kashanre:

even after it has clearly been showin that it
is
a choice they are still adamently opposed to it in the name of "freedom", ma wax kalay ka hari?

That is load of crock! Where has it been shown?!?!? If there is a freedom of choice, I doubt this discussion would exist. All you and other proponents of the Hijab have been doing all this time is futz around this poignant point, repeatedly asked: what choice is there in Sharia Law as to what women wears?

[qbMy suspicion is some are agnostic, clearly it shows and Allah (SWT) will have the final judgement of them... [/QB]

Maybe. But there is no shadow of a doubt that some are wafflers. I'm not saying who.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Castro:

quote:Originally posted by Kashanre:

My suspicion is some are agnostic, clearly it shows and Allah (SWT) will have the final judgement of them...

You probably suspect we all know each other too. And we gather online and conspire to put down Islam. You also suspect we are on some Zionist agency's payroll. Grow up ninyahow. After 7 pages you're still to make a statement, ask a question or rebutt someone's post. What in God's name are you doing in this thread?
With all due respect sxb, I am grown and I don't think you are on Zionist payroll. smile.gif However, I do have my suspicion and agnotism is included in it.

That is load of crock! Where has it been shown?!?!? If there is a freedom of choice, I doubt this discussion would exist.

I don't need to look far sxb. My own beautiful, strong mother wears the jilbaab proudly and freely without any constraint, bullet, or otherwise held to the back of her head. smile.gif

Paragon   

Castro, I thought we were talking about the Somali version of the Jilbaab, not the Saudi's or any other version. And that we were talking about the Somali version of the Jilbaab in post-1990s, in which there is no overarching authority in a position to impose rules upon citizen's dresscodes. Waxaad ila aadey France iyo Sacuudiga adna smile.gif . Trust me, in regards to Somali women who wear the Jilbaab, not even families can make them wear the Jilbaab.

I went to Kenya and I was surprised to see Somalis there (where there is a state that use to intentionally discourage even Xijaab in schools), embraced the Jilbaab in proportions I couldn't imagine.

Jacpher   

Walaahi this thread is going overboard. Nothing of importance or educational about it. I didn’t realize a few of us graduated with a professional degree of badmouthing and smearing Islam. Scorning and mocking Muslims and Islamic Shacaa’ir puts right on the borderline. The blatant the mockery it is, the nearer to the fence. In case you didn’t know, smearing and ridiculing Muslim women is one of the seven major noxious sins. Don’t get caught up in the hype.

I don’t really understand why the shacaa’ir of Allah are constantly under scrutiny and vicious criticism. Allah has spoken highly of those honoring the symbols of Allah as it shows a piety of the heart. To those speaking against and making fun of such shacaa’ir are obviously on the opposite end.

Islam in neither a complex religion nor one that’s based on hardships. It encourages easiness and disfavors hardships and difficulties. The prophet scw emphasized the importance of easiness and said he would prefer easiness over difficult whever there’s a choice. For some to portray Islam as the opposite, not only does it show how little you know but your twisted bigory mindset. Hijab is not a comtemporary and it is here to stay. A Sauid site imagery of jilbaab or an abuse on women in the pretext of Islamic sharia, does not speak of the principle of this great religion. This is a tact used by gaalo and gaalo raayo for labeling Islam as evil and potential abuse for women.

Xiin: well said.

إذا نطق السÙيه Ùلا تجبه

Ùخير من إجابته السكوت

A question for the Hijabophobia: Is this what you're advocating for? Does resemble Kafan indeed.

skirt-015a2.jpg

Originally posted by Afronaut:

What you call opinion is really commonsense sir.

No it isn't. Common sense neither makes sense nor is common. It is idiotic and wrong most of the time. I asked for your opinion based on what you know, something human beings do all the time. This is why I'm here, to exchange ideas with OTHERS. Not read lines from pre-written scripts, get hurled at with boring homilies. redface.gif

If its ok to obey the commonlaw in Ottawa,why then would it be different from the laws passed in say Qabridahare?

Because common laws are designed to keep law and order, settle disputes, right wrongs, prevent future disputes etc. Their purpose is not to score good points with your creator or fulfill religious obligation. That is private matter between the believer and his creator. In the Quran it says there is no compulsion in religion. Meaning: how one worships his creator is entirely up to him/her.

Clearly you can't be serious in comparing God's laws with man-made laws, are you :confused: Doing so will only open a pandora's box, where every God's law is compared with man-made law and vice versa. You got the standard for compare and contrast backwards!

BTW, I'm not disputing wether the Hijab is religious obligation or not. It can be argued either way but that is not my point. My issue is with the forceful imposition of the Hijab on EVERY women whether she agrees or not.

This is not hypothetical case at all. Look at countries where the Hijab is requirement for every woman by LAW. Every women has to wear the Hijab, there are no exceptions. Not even for nonmuslims!

How can it be forceful imposition if it becomes a LAW? I think that is what you need to understand.

Nope, think about it little bit harder! A LAW delineates what CAN be done and what CAN'T be done. Usually there are many options available to the individual except what is decreed as unlawful. For example, laws for driving. As is, the laws in the books impose limitation over certain speeds. For eminently self-evident reason of limiting/avoiding accidents. Agree or disagree, this doesn't take away from the driver the right to drive at other speeds, drive any kind of car he likes, drive where you like (except for few places) etc.

The bottom line is there must be options for women as how they should dress. Naked as a jaybird is not the only alternative to the Hijab, you know? There is a wide boulevard of garments for a woman to choose from. And it should be up to to them whether to wear the Hijab or not. Not on society, not on decrees from self appointed Allah's interlocutors or usual garden variaty of hollier than thou, I'm closer to Allah then you, cosmic debris spitting hucksters.

No choice = oppression.

Originally posted by Ducaqabe:

A Sauid site imagery of jilbaab or an abuse on women in the pretext of Islamic sharia, does not speak of the principle of this great religion.

I agree. Will you also agree with me that any other form of silly requisites passing off as the best hijab should be...revoked? Shouldnt a muslimah have the right to say - this is silly?

Rahima   

I agree. Will you also agree with me that any other form of silly requisites passing off as the best hijab should be...revoked? Shouldnt a muslimah have the right to say - this is silly?

She should CW, but then again, who is objecting in this thread?

This is not the issue sister (I don't know why this is been made to be the issue). Once again no one is saying that the Somali style jilbaab is the only hijab which fulfills the requirements. This whole discussion was about the usage of the word ‘tent’ in its degrading undertone.

That said even whilst it’s evident the Somali style jilbaab very much fulfills the requirements (whether or not we like the style or material or all that and more is irrelevant when it comes to degrading), we still have people like our brother Castro and others insisting on calling it a ‘tent’.

If only he knew as I’ve said on how disheartening and sad it is to see a fellow Muslim degrade your choice as a Muslimah, your choice to meet the commands of your Creator. Like I said, say you don’t like the style or the material, but don’t expect to throw around such degrading taunts of a tumultuous proportion and not get objection.

As a Hijabed Muslimah who has bore the brunt of similar taunts from the gaalo, this insistence to receive the same from your own brethren is on one hand saddening and the other absolutely disgusting. With that I leave this thread, but for any person who insists on using that word, I’d advise you to re-think it especially with regards to its impact. Like I said, we have enough enemies already, we don’t need anymore especially those amongst the ranks.

Jacpher   

I concur so long you don’t mean the Somali jilbaab or Hijab terms, as silly. I’m sorry I don’t have a business of condemning the symbols of Allah regardless the design, the color or what have you. It may just be seen as a piece of cloth but it’s indeed an act of worshiping and an important principle of our deen. If there’s a concern something deserves an augment in terms of quality & design, then there should be a way to do that without being abhorrent about it. As of yet, I’ve not heard or seen a unanimous agreement among Fuqaha & Imams that a particular design of hijab is the absolute jilbaab. I also have not seen Imam endorsing a particular Hijab. However, I have heard that some Somali Culuma said the Somali hijab is the closest one to meet the jilbaab critieria. (It's a milestone our valued sisters reached and deserve a commendation.) This is a hearsay, not a testimony or a declaration of some sort.

The beauty of Islam is that it encourages moderation on all things, as it may sound inconceivable to some. Each Muslimah has not only the right but also the responsibility to speak against what she feels is demoting and/or humiliating her. It’s her God given right to learn and seek the knowledge so she can practice her deen accordingly. I don't know about other cultures but Somali parents usually don't carry hostility toward their children if they choose to wear Khimar or Cabaayad over Somali jilbaab. And those playing devils advocate should know this. Hijab isn't really a controversial issue in the Somali community.

hodman   

War ilayn amuur :confused: Why does the hijab excite so many responses from all these brothers?Ladies who know their deen know what they should wear and if it is a small qimaar or the "tent" that you guys object to is irrelevant if it does the job.No one has the right to tell her how or what should serve as hijab coz afterall it's her own hisab that she will answer to before Allah.Now adeerayaal maxaa ku nacdeen the somali style jilbaab...does it obstruct your view??

Gabbal   

"Making a distinction without a difference is neither convincing nor practical. That every jalbaab is a Hijaab is a fact. Arguing that every Hijaab is not a jalbaab is a useless one." -Xiin

"Once again no one is saying that the Somali style jilbaab is the only hijab which fulfills the requirements..[however] As a Hijabed Muslimah who has bore the brunt of similar taunts from the gaalo, this insistence to receive the same from your own brethren is on one hand saddening and the other absolutely disgusting." -Rahima

Meesha nagu kala wada.

Deeq A.   

Nomads, please be civil to one another. Avoid the insults and the blantant or insuniating attacks against one antther. You can debate and discuss issues without loosing your cool. What I have seen on this thread is a clear violation of the forum civility rules and we will not tolerate senior nomads exchanging insults on this forum.

All posts in violation of the forum rules will be deleted without a question. This is an important topic and it should be discussed without all the garbage I have seen.

Khayr   

Originally posted by Admin:

Nomads, please be civil to one another. Avoid the insults and the blantant or insuniating attacks against one antther. You can debate and discuss issues without loosing your cool. What I have seen on this thread is a clear violation of the forum civility rules and we will not tolerate senior nomads exchanging insults on this forum.

All posts in violation of the forum rules will be deleted without a question. This is an important topic and it should be discussed without all the garbage I have seen.

Why is their a DOUBLE STANDARD being deployed here?

I understand that this is your site, laakin its got to be pointed out that

CASTRO'S COMMENTS ABOUT THE 'TENT' NEED TO BE DELETED.

And the Village Members who are on SOL bashing ISLAM day after day, need to be WARNED and suspended for a while.

Socadne said:

I'm closer to Allah then you, cosmic debris spitting hucksters.

This comment is an insult to all the muslims on this site and should be deleted.

Waa caay iyo afxumo!