Sign in to follow this  
Dhubad.

Somalia in 1978 - Pics

Are you saying Somali men can't speak up for the rights of Somali women?

Absolutely not. Speak loud and proud!

I don't think were talking about whether one is forced or not. And if the are, I feel sorry for them, thats not the way Isam goes. There is absolutely no compulsion in religion.

I just see a pattern here is all; making fun of beards, short trousours, girls wearing hijaab, the jilbaab, and what next? Honestly? There are boundaries one shouldnt cross

Khayr   

Originally posted by Xalimopatra:

Khayr
Walaal if your post was a relevant argument in regards to the passage you quoted from me then I could actually reply back some form of an argument to your piece.Lakiin I cant because there is nowhere to hold,grasp or chew.I mean what you're CLEARLY doing is you're voicing your frustrated opinion on something that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the passage you quoted me from or the sentiment I expressed throughout my post.

I mean which is better a pious girl who wears a hijab and is modest in front of her parents and behind or a girl who only wears the hijab because she was forced and is out asking her friends for different clothes when her mother's back is turned?Indhaheyga baan ku arkey walaal so dont even try and tell me I'm wrong....Modesty comes from within too and it's up a woman to protect herself.Wearing a jilbab doesnt account to squat when your intentions are bad and your heart is in the wrong place.

Hell,western morals and shamelessness all in one post and
all you could quote from me was that irrelevant passage?
....I'm so lucky(!)

Next time just
think
about where my sentiments' lie instead of charging at me all horns blazing....Haye dhe?

:rolleyes:

Xalimo,

Let me get this right, so you are admitting that your diatrabe has 'irrelvant passages'.

So if the part that I quoted is an 'irrelvant passage', then please do forgive me for taking you seriously. smile.gif

I mean which is better a pious girl who wears a hijab and is modest in front of her parents and behind or a girl who only wears the hijab because she was forced and is out asking her friends for different clothes when her mother's back is turned?Indhaheyga baan ku arkey walaal so dont even try and tell me I'm wrong

Just because you made an 'Observation' here and there and came to your 'own conclusions', does not necessarily make your 'Observation (s)' ABSOLUTE. Rather, they are subjective, relative and feed the mundane modern day biases i.e. Religion is Totalitarian therefor, it is bad for all people of Intelligent mind .

The Criteria for following the Shariah is not 'Understanding' or 'Desire', but rather 'Adherence to Islamic Parameteres i.e. Shariah'

If you want salvation, Adherence to the Shariah i.e. doing the halal and staying away from the haram, is sufficient.

If you Desire to be of the Muhsineen , those that have Understanding and Desire for Allah and as the hadith suggests, those that worship Allah as though they see him, then inshallah that is good but those are the exceptional Believers. The Shariah is for the mass, it is for the Ummah, the majority of muslims, so they are not required to Understand every command or Desire every good thing, inorder to gain heaven. Adherence to the Islamic Parameters is sufficient to get to heaven i.e. salat, zakat, staying away from haram and etc....

So Xalimo,

Even if the pious girl that wears the hijab infront and behind her parents might be better then the girl who is forced to wear the hijab, the later girl still has a chance for salvation because she has some semblance of Adab for her

• Deen
  • Parents
and has a sense of
  • Shame in her.

Castro   

It's quite unfortunate that no one informed our former dictator that smoking is such a terrible habit. In addition to costing a small fortune, it is known to cause lung, throat and intestinal cancer.

On the other hand, and unlike what good Femme Fatale insisted, I believe the 'tent' is not here to stay. Essentially, since the pendulum has swung so far to one side, it will have to come back to the middle (the equilibrium point) and Somalis will be good muslims without having to wear impractical and forcibly imposed clothing from foreign cultures.

To Rahima: atheer, I reject your argument that the tent (what you mistakenly refer to as the hijab) was knowledge Somalis lacked prior to 1990. What you're saying, basically, is that for the centuries that Somalis were muslim, they were ignorant of Islam and they, conveniently, and rapidly, acquired this knowledge in the past 15 years? Do you see the flaw in your argument atheer?

And referring to the tent, Khayr wrote:

Summer heat or the scorching, unendless and constant renewal of the Infinite Torture of Hell. :confused:

Atheer, use this fear tactic with those who have no knowledge of their deen. You'd have made one heck of a catholic priest.

Khayr

It's obvious the problem doesnt lie with me.I can sit here and account the things I witnessed,assess,walk away with my views on my deen the same albeit slightly disappointed by of our brethen and move the heck on!So spare the unneccesary referrings to Shariah.

If I remember correctly I repeatedly said in my 1st post 'the girls I met' or 'not all girls' for the people,just like yourself who ASSUME just because I am accounting on a minority I am throwing all Somali muslamiin women into the same frying pan.Maxaad ii moodey walaal?Qof oo maskaxyar leh? :confused: I know when to seperate opinion from fact.Islam is perfect lakiin some of it's followers may not be.Deal with it!

-Islam requires and encourages women to dress in a modest manner to protect their modesty.

Now heres the thing...it doesn't mean a jilbab is any better then a abayaad and hijab does it?They both do the same thing no?The girls I met said they preferred abayaads and hijabs because they were more comfortable then the jilbab but couldn't because they were afraid of what any said about them.The jilbab is becoming uniform in Somalia for all the wrong reasons.THAT'S MY ENTIRE POINT!

Now tell me where I am anti-Modesty or anti-hijab?

All it boils down to is frustrated assumptions.You need to learn WHEN to address someone,whether it is relevent to the opinion they expressed and be easy with the labels.I dont appreciate you speaking for me or assuming I ,if anything "believes that religion is Totalitarian therefore, it is bad for all people of Intelligent mind"

Spare me it next time,no really I insist.

Originally posted by Castro:

quote:

Summer heat or the scorching, unendless and constant renewal of the Infinite Torture of Hell. :confused:

Atheer, use this fear tactic with those who have no knowledge of their deen. You'd have made one heck of a catholic priest. [/QB]
Castro, I agree.I was shocked when I read that not because of it's content but I couldn't believe that he was actually asking me and awaiting a answer.Disappointment isn't the word....

Dhubad.   

Behold, mockery of the Hijab(i.e. Calling names of Muslim women who wear the Hijab) is a mockery of Allah's words , period.

Allah Almighty says: "O Prophet! Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them (when they go abroad). That will be better, so that they may be recognized and not annoyed. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful." (Al-Ahzab: 59)

Also, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said to Asma', daughter of Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with them): "O Asma'! Once a girl reaches puberty, nothing of her body may be seen (by non-mahrams) except this and these, (he pointed to his face and hands while saying so).""

DraGon   

Its a "tent" when they put on there jilbaab.

Its a "Rug" when they wear Hijab.

. and finally they will call you a terrorist for being a muslim.

You see where this is leading too.

إذا نطق السÙيه Ùلا تجبه

Ùخير من إجابته السكوت

One would normally abstain from sowing in to a barren land per Al Shafici’s instruction but try I shall for it could sometimes produce and blossom with God’s will. A Samaritan act that could sooth this distress, I hope it will be, as I try to reason with people who seem to be protesting without merit.

But let me underline that the good thing about this thread is that most participants in it, with the exception of our charlatan boy, seem to have a sense of ownership with their Deen. I like that, and it pleases me when even the ignorant, but intelligent, of us exhibit interest and own their faith. But owning is different than knowing.

Now, why a simple application of Islamicly imposed attire causes all this fuss? It looks like a tent. Fine. Its not you who wearing it, right? No, my mom did not wear it and that was the case with my aunts as well. So what? If my Muslim mother did not wear it then, it must not be a right thing to do. Oh. I see now. The gauge with which we validate the authenticity of this attire is whether or not it conforms to your mom’s. How about if your mom in particular and the larger society in which you grew up in general were not practitioners of this Hijaab? What about if they were not in compliance with it at all? And above all, what about if your mom was an ignorant mother who simply flock with the herd, so to speak, and did not know what Hijaab supposed to be? Realize now, my dear friend, while her actions could be excused and forgiven on the basis of ignorance and lack of information, yours may lack such leisure as you have the access and intellectual capacity to assess most of the religious verdicts. Indeed it is both easily attainable and readily available to you as they are to me. In this age and day not knowing the essentials of your faith is no excuse. Go and learn. Put some meat on your argument if you wish it to be taken seriously.

Oh no you got me wrong! Your lecture vanished in vain as I am not the one who is against Hijaab at all. What I am objecting to is not the Hijaab per se but the form and shape of the one which most Somalis wear. It ‘s both new and alien to us. With all the variety of Hijaabs that’s available to us why choose the one that has the ugliest stain on it. It just isn’t to my liking. Am I wrong? And how so, I ask? You’re partly wrong for your objections are pure desire for style, and, to top it, you seem inconsiderate to the other’s choice of dress. A dictator in the making, I detect. Why else would you express your distaste for this jalbaab if its not some thing deeper, I ask?

Ok. So good Xiin what you are basically telling me is respect what others choose to wear as a Hijaab as long it meets the legal specs of the Shariicah. You right, dear friend, that’s all I am suggesting to you. If you don’t respect it you’re simply disrespecting one of your faiths directives, and that’s very disturbing, to say the least, and you could gain Allah’s anger without knowing it.

Hope you understand it now why it is not cool to mock it.

For those who are predicting or rather wishing for certain setbacks for this Hijaab, time will not be (IA) nice for your estimate. What you probably did not consider is that once faith and education are combined perseverance and determination are the wonders they tend to produce. Seldom is the case that faithful and educated souls wither in the face of social and political challenges. The pendulum has been swinging to the right direction and there is still enough gravity for it to continue on that track. And if the past twenty years are any indication, one could easily predict for a greater acceptance of the dictates of this faith in the wider society. Get that through your dented skulls, I say.

^ ضع٠الÙكر Ùˆ قبح اللغة علامات من لا صديق له الا الحمق

I wrote this for you so don't bother looking for its author.

Happy new year.
:D

Adeer caydu (even in Arabic :D ) waa ceeb. Baro habka loo niqaasho, dammit :D .

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Now, why a simple application of Islamicly imposed attire causes all this fuss?

That question has been answered a zillion times before. You're denying, as it would the case in Sharia run country that you and others are promoting, women the choice of dress. Why is that so hard for you to unerstand? If wearing the Hijab in your Utopian dream kingdom is optional, then there is no dissonance here. We're in agreement and the Hijab becomes an issue for women. My beef here is the forceful imposition of arbitrary dress laws.

In this age and day not knowing the essentials of your faith is no excuse. Go and learn.

I know enough. I have finessed the art of Islamic hermeneutics and exegesis. I'm so good, gray haired Imaams refer undecipherable texts to me. Plan to learn more though, Insha'allah.

The issue here isn't faith but worship of man. I refuse to worship man. I won't obey the dictates of another man telling me how to worship my creator.

You’re partly wrong for your objections are pure desire for style, and, to top it, you seem inconsiderate to the other’s choice of dress.

Attacking the wrong hill again. My objection to the Hijab has never been for aesthetic reasons. Prove me otherwise.

But it's funny you used the word choice. Tell what you'd do with a muslim woman in Sharia country that refuses to wear the Hijab. No ducking, give me straight answer. Will you beat them, jail them, fine them.

Tell what you'd do with a muslim woman in Sharia country that refuses to wear the Hijab. No ducking, give me straight answer. Will you beat them, jail them, fine them

Its not a str8 non ducking answer sxb. The city of ottawa has rules and regs. No passing a school bus,no litering or no overspeeding,among many other rules and city ordinances(sp). These are just but examples.rules that need to be followed,regardless of your personal take on them. Break em and you get fined. Why is it any different from Allahs law;the supreme law of it all?

If any country decided to enact rules and the population[or their represantives] decided that is the kind of law they wish to be governed by;marka whts the issue?

Anyway this is becoming very predictable. You dont want your girls to wear the tent,fine dont.

DraGon   

Qoute

"If any country decided to enact rules and the population[or their represantives] decided that is the kind of law they wish to be governed by;marka whts the issue?"

-------------------------------------

Except for Muslims though, any other Laws is accepted as legit by these people. The problem with these fellows is not sharia the problem is Islam and Islamic Sharia is a there tool of choice to beat down Islam, hell I have a problem with USA corporal punishment especially its application, but I will not question the whole system just becoz of these aspect.

The main argument always put forth by opponent of sharia is choice. Afganistan women have proved this zealots wrong, years after Taliban fell most westerners are still shocked to see women in kabul dorn the Burka (tent according to some here).

Its amazing to me that some Muslims will go as far as supporting (rightlyfully or not) the right of Homesexuals and at the same time question the right of Muslims (even those in west who are far from social pressures or influences) to practice there faith how they deem it right.

يا تابع الذين اعقل Ùˆ اÙضل منك. الحقد Ùˆ الغيرة سو٠يكونون اصدقاءك حتى اخر ايامك. اذهب وناقش الهواء مع الذين نقص عقلهم Ùˆ دينهم

^^^ :D:D:D .

Though the content of your broken Arabic tempts me to respond in kind, but nay, I shan’t. I shall show instead the maturity you lack and abstain from this self-demotion of sort. What prompted you to sink that low still puzzles me wallaahi! Allaha ku caafiyo.