Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

Ibtisam   

P.s. I feel like 3 is a crowed so I'm out. I hear shuukansi somali style first rule is establish qabil and and where each hails from. I can see its heading that direction now, so haa idiin maacaanto.

SAlamah I'm out.

Aaliyyah   

do stay please we are not doing any type of shukaansi here , and if you think this is shukaansi god help you...you need shukaansi101 class..haha

okey guys it's ramadan ...so lets discuss something that will benefit us inshallah rather

che now i got it so your mom is from LA, that makes me your habaryar....anyways lets drop it.. icon_razz.gif

Aaliyyah   

I don't have anything in particular in mind ...but we could always discuss religious topics..something that will make us more aware of this month.

btw where's all the trollers? i guess it's their iftar time..that reminds me to cook iftar...bt i still have some time smile.gif

Aaliyyah   

So true Ramadan means so much when you'r living in a muslim country which is why inshallah I intend to move to dubai in the future sometime.

Aaliyyah   

I feel like dubai is the transitional place. It is westernized yet its muslim country. And, I heard they have good job opportunities. they will give you a job, a house, and even a car..like the company u work for will supply all that. So i'm down for that inshallah. And, honestly I wouldn't wanna raise my kids (if i get any) in the west. That would be like throwing your kids in an ocean and expecting them to survive..

^I get the feeling there's gonna be reverse migration to the east.Make good points laakin you grow in the west turn out just fine. Who's kids over there won't be as bad?

Aaliyyah   

Che it's not a matter of how I turned out or few people out there. I need to take the bigger picture. Most somalis at the west are pretty.... how do i put it...well lets just say they are not achieving much culture wise, religiously,or even academically. And, you are right there is nothing that will guarantee that your kids will turn out good or perfect. But, its a matter of striving as a parent and then putting your faith in allah swt.

Aaliyah-I think the most would be unfair judgement. We are relatively new to these shores, doing the best we can; trying to fit into world that we now little of and still attached to one we will probably never go back. It's couple generations to establish one's in America or elsewhere. And not to make excuses, many would abandon their faith to fit into this world-luckly for new immigrants not as much. Just imagine being a Jew from easter Europe in the early twenth century, they had to tune down and angolise their names but within few decades, they are flying and rediscovering Judiasm but I agree with you there's nothing in giving your kids a leg up.

Aaliyyah   

honestly I would say most, and am yet to meet other nations that lost their culture and religion than us somalis. It's funny we were here abt 18 years and this is what we got..cant imagine another 20 years walaal...Like I would advice myself , I would advice others to raise their kids elsewhere. That way they maintain their culture and religion. and, once they reach 18 you could always send them to the west to pursue higher education. at least that way you did your job of raising them as a good muslims, and the rest is up to them and allah swt.

sheh you shouldn't take a nap or you won't feel much of hunger..that's depriving yourself of the honor of feeling what those less fortunate feel ;)

^It's just a society going through difficult time whose foundations have been shaken to the core. In time, our fortunes and attitudes would change but in the time being, these things are expected.

Sheh mukulaal waaye.