Sign in to follow this  
Indhoos

Hijab or no Hijab

Indhoos   

Surfing the web and YouTube, I came across this video.

I could not help, but ask...SOLers, where do you stand on this?

Do you look down on those who are not wearing the hijab?

Do you stare, when a lady in trousers with her hair down walks into the Mosques to pray?

Walaley, I couldn’t have agreed with the panel of women displayed here, they ranged from all walks of life… I also sensed that the host was trying to create a little bit of tension between them, “hijabi cat fight” LOL if this doesn’t confirm that Islam women are more than liberated I don’t know what does. Furthermore to answer your question, NO I don’t look down on sisters that don’t wear the hijab, I think one of the ladies in the panel covered this when that question was raised. Honestly I think wearing the hijab doesn’t give anyone superiority… you don’t know what peoples real intentions/behaviors are so for me to judge them I would have to take all those factors into account. There are some sisters that faithfully wear the hijab but don’t necessarily uphold the basic principles of diinta. I also think so much focus is placed on the girls that don’t wear it that the ones who do can practically get away with murder. At the end of the day like they say it “only god can judge you” ;)

And as for the ladies going to the mosque uncovered, I just think that is tacky! You have the right to do as you please out in the world, but once you step into a holy place it is common sense you at least wear a hijab for the sake of Allah (s.w.t)

It plenty much does not concern me, nor would I judge a person that does not wear xijaab differently. I plenty much like the motto: Ninba naftiisa, nabiyoow ummaddaa.

Young people waa young, in the end iyagaa iska soo noqonaayo.

Do you stare, when a lady in trousers with her hair down walks into the Mosques to pray?

This, however, would raise more than high eyebrows. Waa disrespect against beydka Eebbe, even though I fully did not understand "hair down" phrase. Same like qof (nin) dabagaab am wax la mid ah ku galo masaajid.

Tuujiye   

^^^ yarka sharaxaada jooji.. Xijaablee maa ka danbeesaa mise timo deys? mise isku kariska calaashaan party markii la aadayo lasoo siidaano tinta.. sharx nooh seecamal adi.. isku deeys mise ****oloos ama isku karis? see yeeshay hee?

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Aaliyyah   

wearing hijaab is an obligation on every muslimah, so is praying and following many other aspects of Islam. However, at the end of the day you are gonna choose whether you gonna follow it or not. So, its not up to me to look down on someone who chose not to wear it, I might go out of my way and try to tell them it would be nice if they wore it, it plays a huge part of Islam. But, thats where it ends. am not gonna make a big issue outta of it. However, if someone chose to come to the mosque with pants and hair down? that means you are disrespecting the mosque. don't wear hijaab if you dnt want to, but you have to cover if you choose to attend a mosque prayer. Not hard to comprehend icon_razz.gif

Indhoos   

Young people waa young, in the end iyagaa iska soo noqonaayo.

But what about an elder Ciradii soo feedatayoo surweel isku soo jiiday?

Naxar Can you explain your comment a bit further, por favor. TENT?

Sabriya, What a lovely vidoe, thank you for posting it.

So, I am hearing, don't wear it if you don't want to wear it, as long as you wear it when you are mingling with the ummah..A Tranformer style, eh?

I also think so much focus is placed on the girls that don’t wear it that the ones who do can practically get away with murder

so, society does tend to look down upon non-hijabis?

Aaliyyah   

So, I am hearing, don't wear it if you don't want to wear it, as long as you wear it when you are mingling with the ummah..A Tranformer style, eh?

am not saying wear it for the community. Rather wear it out of respect for the mosque. I mean what you doing in a mosque not wearing hijaab, if the person is sincere and came to the mosque wanting to learn about Islam. They would at least cover...

salaam

nuune   

quote:

-------------------- -------------------- -------------------- --------------------

-------------------- -------------------- -------------------- --------------------

This, however, would raise more than high eyebrows. Waa disrespect against beydka Eebbe,

MMA, True sxb, waxaan xasuustaa maalin Khutba Jimca masjidka aan aadey, aniga iyo kuwa kalaa banaanka masjidkiisa isla taagneen, waxaan aragney kolonyo dumaroo madaxa qaawan aan wax allaale innaba ha yaraatee oo khamaar ama xijaab la xiranyahay aysan jirin wada timo raama leh, isla markaana Masjidka sii galayay si ay Khutba Jamcada u soo tukadaan uguna qeeb galaan, kuwa naga mid ahaa ayaa yaabey, war waa maxay sidan oo waa la madax qaawanyahay sarwaalana waa la xiranyahay masjidkana waa lagu soo tukanayaa waana la tamashleenayaa, anigii iyo kuwa kale ma aanan yaabin, kuwii yaabeyna aan ugu jawaabney sidan "waa Ilaah mahadiis mar ayagoo madax qaawan sarwaalana xiran ay Masjidka yimaadeen waayo waxey ka wanaagsanyihiin kuwa fara badan" yacni mar ayagoo sidaas ah hadeyba xasuusteen iney masjidka tagaan intaas ayaaba wax weyn ah, kadib kuwii yaabanaa qodobkaan ka hadleenay ayey fahmeen, waayo mar labaad iyo mar sadexaad hadey tii madaxa qaawaneed ku soo noqoto Masjidka mar afaraad iyo shanaad waxaa laga yaabaa iney xijaabka soo qaadato oo madaxa soo dadato cawradeedana soo asturto sidaasna ku soo hanuunto Ilaah idinkiis boqol wardi soo akhri, faataxa.

Define Hijab. Is khamaar considered Hijab or does it have to be the full dress? If Hijab means dressing modestly and covering your hair, then the answer is NO. Most people dont look down upon those who dont wear the full long dress or the Jalbaab.

But coming to the mosque dressed like you've mentioned is a bit problematic because you're entering the house of Allah seeking his blessings so you should respect it.

Ibtisam   

A sister who does not cover as she’s been commanded to do so is grossly disobeying the command of Allah Ta’ala and thereby earning the displeasure of Allah. Earning the displeasure of Allah is worst thing a person can ever earn as this will lead to his destruction, whether other mere humans look down on them is really irrelevant.

In saying that, a sister who has good character, who prays, fast, does not commit zina, avoids gossip and backbiting, for the sake of Allah, YET does not wear a Hijab, this is a strong indication that she loves goodness and hates evil. Naturally her good deeds will increase her Iman and in time she will fulfill Allahs full commands.

Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi relates an indicative story. He said that once he was delivering a speech before thousands of female students in Constantinah, Algeria. The majority of the attendants were without hijab. A female student asked him: What do you think of female students who attend Islamic lectures without wearing the hijab? The answer was expected to be harsh. However, Sheikh Yusuf replied that we should not only welcome her but also encourage her to attend. Any woman’s motive to attend such lectures is a clear sign of inward faith that needs to be stimulated in order to come to the surface.

Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi concludes that we should not reject the Muslim woman who offers prayer, fasts, and is keen to do her religious duties because she has a weak point and does not wear the hijab. Rather we invoke Allah to strengthen her will and help her commit fully to her Islam.

[islamonline]

As for going to the mosque; no Muslim women should be ignorant enough to go to a mosque wearing whatever they want, even none-Muslims cover when visiting mosques. The mosque is sanctuary for so many to hide out particularly for the guys, it is probably the only time their eyes are not sinning. They would be cursing you all day if you flashed them when they were least expecting it. icon_razz.gif:D