Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

New Moderators

Jacpher   

Better late than never right! Congrats to all.

Please bear with us, as our shortcomings are endless. Inoo naxariista Alle ha idiin naxariistee. Be kind to us and have your patience and humbleness.

Gabbal   

Hambalyo Rahima. :D CONGRATS and you damn well deserve it. Just wish the Admin had made you moderator of politics section too. Now there is a rowdy crowd that needs to be taught a thing or two about civility and good governance (me no exception icon_razz.gif ). :D CONGRATS again sis and you have OUR full backing.

well look what the cat drag in! new modys!! is it me or libaax is only selecting his cheerleaders as modys these days!!

some how this has the smell of another bush cabinet/gronnies selections! lol.. except off course for the nothern bro! what gives bro..! how the hell did u end up in list!! common! tell me no 1 is listening! how much did u fork out!! just, a joke! i know u be good. stay away from me word to the wise!! i am an innocent 1.. lol

i would like to elect my self as virtual moderate here in the site!! my name from now is VR-- virtual rudy... u miss around your azz is mine! following will be my duty!

1- virtual bimbos ( they toast)

2- lil faraaxs on proxac ( time outs will observed strictly)

3- worlord cheerleaders ( will have id cards)

4- geeks on weekend passes ( limited to 5 min online)

5- rest can enjoy nice time online!

so if u like my agenda, well then vote for me!! of course, i will come all new modys with open hands!! ;)

Welcome Rahima, Wiilo, Norf, Checkmate, Mojam, Soma_Inc

You carry the torch. It is time nomads from diverse backgrounds be given the opening to manage SOL and keep the forum clean. The senior moderators have sought changes for a while but it was just a matter of me getting the time to make these big changes. For the last couple of months I have been awfully busy and I just couldn't get a good deal accomplished on SOL front. My apologies to the moderators.

Advice for the new mods: the majority of the nomads will be on your side but there will always be the very few who don't appreciate a civilized dialogue. The best way to remedy such situations is to make it clear that your actions(editing/deleting) as a moderator are absolutely not personal. That is the trick. Believe me it works.

Good Luck and thank you for volunteering to help your great SOL.

PS: Moderator elections are coming to SOL. Nomads, fasten your seatbelts and prepare your campaign rhetoric.

Viking   

Let's all (IA) make the moderators' work easier by acting in a civil manner. I wish the new moderators all the best and hope they don't have to exercise their powers all too often (this should be a good thing :D ).

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

Advice for the new mods:
the majority of the nomads will be on your side but there will always be the very few who don't appreciate a civilized dialogue. The best way to remedy such situations is to make it clear that your actions(editing/deleting) as a moderator are absolutely not personal. That is the trick. Believe me it works.

LST,

Sxb, this sounds like you are saying "Anyone who doesn't agree (referring to "on your side") with a moderator is on the wrong." Perhaps it's my poor comprehension :D

Gediid   

LST

Long time Libaax.....

Elections miyaad tidhi is this your virtual way of testing the grounds without getting your feet wet..... ;)

Rudy

Outstanding list,especially geeks on weekend pass...Torpedo those out of site,I cant stand them.

New Mods

Congrats.

I suppose now with more moderators in different time zones,we get to see less or none of the real saucy stuff b4 they get deleted... :mad:

king_450   

Well i personally don't know any of these hand picked Mod, but what is the Perk in becoming Mod in this site? please shed a light if you know any advantage so i may dust my Old Resumeeeeeeeee!

Paragon   

Welcome all you fresh-blooded new Moderators. It is good to see you nomads in Moderator dress-code :D .

King-

The Moderators are meant to be the peace-makers, mediators and law-enforcers. And thus they need enough energy to do the rotta. If you like being a peace-maker, then you will like being a moderator smile.gif .

PS: New Mods, or shall I say Fresh-bloods , I am glad you are on the bench of Mods. Now I can deservingly table my retirement from the Moderatorship, you hear Admin? . Good smile.gif .

^^lol@J11. Hear! Hear! But Admin has his own schedule. ;)

By the way, Jamaal-11 has suggested several times that other nomads be given the torch because of his demanding schedule. Barqaaqo asked to retire from moderating a while ago due to time constraints but her title is still here. Athena did that very bluntly face to face but she is still stuck with the title as well. Ameenah felt because of family commitment she had no time to moderate these vast forums.

Even though all these senior moderators were asking for changes, they were all not too keen on creating a "power" vacuum on SOL without the right replacement to carry the torch. They all understood that Admin should be given his own schedule to come up with the right replacements. That is loyalty.

PS: Barwaaqo can't wait to go back to being a regular nomad. I am using Somali style ropes to contain her. :D

Originally posted by Gediid:

LST

Long time Libaax.....

Elections miyaad tidhi is this your virtual way of testing the grounds without getting your feet wet.....
;)

lol@Gediid,

waaxay dhuumaleysigu suldaan. Waar sidaad Hargeisa uga soo noqotayba meel aad cidhib iyo jaan dhigtayba waa la waayeyee godka ka soo bax. lol.

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

PS:
Barwaaqo can't wait to go back to being

a regular nomad. I am using Somali style ropes to contain her.
:D

Yeah, I feel the need to rejoin the unwashed masses.

'Barwaaqo'? Eww...the name is Aeronwen - The Welsh Warrior. :mad:

Congrats to Wiilo as well. :cool: