Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Barack Hussein Obama wins Iowa (97% Whites)

I am a realist. I think Clinton has mulish supporters that can almost guarantee a landslide victory in November. This is a grave matter and Obama is taking a gigantic risk by assuming Hillary is just a piece of crap. Obama is getting too comfy there me thinks.

Pros

- The Clintons know how to pander to white working class voters. Obama can’t and won’t.

- loyal Clinton democrats are frustrated by this loss and may vote McCain if Obama rejects her as VP. Double humiliation is a deadly sin.

- white women are furious at Obama and will not let this man take it all away without serious consequences. They are determined.

- Latino voters don't trust this black guy and the Clintons may ease their "negro" fears.

Cons

- Independents are turned off and will vote for McCain

- The few Obama Republicans will run back to McCain.

- Obama supporters will be disappointed because they can’t stand the Clintons

- Hillary as VP kills Obama's "change" message.

- She may sabotage his presidency if she is the VP and ruin his legacy.

Realistically, I would take Hillary as VP. This will unify the party and almost guarantee a win against the Republicans in November. I say, discount the Clinton's followers at your own peril. I don't think someone who is running to be the first "black" president should take the risk of having half the Democratic Party harboring deep feelings of resentment. It is just too risky for this young black man who is trying to make history.

NOTE: I am not saying Obama’t can’t win without Hillary. I am saying, Hillary can deliver key voter blocks without much effort. Obama would have to try to first heal/unite the party, then work hard to win over certain demographics. Too much work is waiting for Obama if he doesn’t pick Hillary. He will have to work hard and take his chance.

^^How about paying off her debt...

I am not sure if giving her VP position will solver Obama's problems with rednecks down in the WV...

Pujah   

But you are assuming Hillary followers will follow her to the number two spot, besides how many of those red necks in WV and KY will actually vote for black guy with or without her? Also don’t forget she is not as vetted as she likes to claim, I mean I don’t recall anyone demanding her to release her husband’s donors and all those crazy deals he made after his presidency. Her negative rating is very close to Bush’s ratings. And her do and say anything for a vote is polar opposite to his calm and calculated measures.

PS in 2000 almost 80% of McCain supporters said they will never vote Bush in New Hampshire and George Bush dominated that state in November.

Pujah, the Appalachians may not follow Hillary but the chance of them voting for McCain is greatly reduced if a Clinton is on the ticket. I would be happy if they stay home. It is much more beneficial mathematically. :D

Look at what is happening in solid blue Michigan ... That is a state democrats should be carrying rather easily under normal circumstances.

Obama, McCain close in Michigan. Clinton helps Obama ticket there

A new poll indicates that John McCain has a slight lead over Barack Obama in Michigan. It also indicates that Michigan voters, at least, want to see Hillary Clinton as his vice president.

The poll numbers:

McCain, GOP, 44 percent

Obama, Democrat, 40 percent

Undecided/don't know/refused, 16 percent

The poll also found Clinton helping Obama if she were his vice presidential candidate when matched against McCain with ex-rival Mitt Romney, a Michigan native, as his vice presidential candidate.

Fifty-one percent said they'd back Obama-Clinton, 44 percent were for McCain-Romney and 5 percent were undecided. Michigan last went Republican in 1988, when it backed George H. W. Bush.

The telephone poll was conducted May 19-22 by Lansing-based EPIC-MRA. It polled 600 likely voters statewide. The margin of sampling error was plus or minus 4 percentage points.

kcstar.com

Emperor   

^This lady would add nothing to the skinny man's table, whether she runs with him or not matters less, if he's set to lose in November he will lose regardless, but remeber John Edwards is a great alternative and very popular among the white working class....

It's all down to the compaign group, Obama's compaign manager did a terrific job, they trashed the Clinton dynasty with their all power machine, dirty-race politics and 30 plus years of experience, what makes Mcain any different?

I must give it to this man, David Plouffe, what a strategist magician... He's set to make history in November... Uniting the party and running unimaginable compaign against the Old Mcain...

The Clintons will have to support and compaign for the skinny regardless to restore their reputation, remember they had lost their old image in this compaign, the former first black President(Bill) made a

that saw all African Americans turn to Obama, to undo and repair damage they are forced to support the man who destoyed them...

PS: BBC Newsnight is reporting now that he had won as he accumulated the number of delegate count required... Huurrreeey

Nephissa   

We won, we won..oh yeah oh yeah!!! My man Obama has gone over the top. YAY!

Obama should pick someone other than Shrillary, and send that woman packing.

For Hillary supporters: Buh-Bye :D sorry to learn that your woman didn't win.

Oh what a night it was!!....You know what? With or without Bilarry,Obama will kill this!!

But,i think,realistically,it is a good thing to have her on the team,she is formidable.

You guys didnt witness it...

Nephissa   

Hell to the No...not after last night. I don't think she knows how to be a mate, either personally or politically. :D

Originally posted by Nephthys:

Hell to the No...not after last night. I don't think she knows how to be a mate, either personally or politically.
:D

That was just sad,the way she spoke,with defiance.

Ayada waxaa ka daran,Mcbush L0L,He "tried" to appease the Clintonites, what an confused all man..

Did you see his line of acknoledging Sen.Obama's victory? says he,"The pundits & party elders" decided to pick Obama...Hello? what about the pledged delegates and the Millions of voters? Indho adkaa???

STOIC   

I was privileged enough last night to watch history being made . The rosy optimism of Hillary wining the nomination faded last night. Though she has not given up last night the game is over. Her egomania tramped her political consensus last night-I was waiting for her to throw in the towel. With carefully chosen words she skillfully refused to give in by asking her supporters to tell her what the next step will be for her campaign. I like how Jeffrey Tobin of CNN said that there was nothing new revelation they were going to tell her than to fight till to the end. I bet you in the privacy of her own she will be happy to be given the VP post.

Obama got all the ringing endorsement you could think of last night. Obama speech last night instantly conveyed strength and equanimity unlike Hillary speech which was mired by her few victories around the country .The most disastrous thing Hillary has done last night was failing to learn the lesson of defeat. She failed to realize that she was someone with no option or a position. The ultimate irony about this is that Hillary killed the Clinton's dynasty!

We will crush MCain by making all the debates after 9:30 pm since we know it is past his bed time. :D

Baashi   

Hillary, hate her or love her, is one tough cookie. As she said she got 18 million votes and almost as much delegates as he does. She kept the wounds open for a reason. She wants to play a hardball and play she will.

It is all about leverage awoowe.

Obama is at AIPAC as I write. Do you guys know what that means? Anyone? What a disappointment!!!! He is there to affirm that under his watch it will be biz as usual as far as the foreign policy toward Palestine is concerned.

STOIC   

Baashi,

This is what I posted awhile back about Obama sleeping with AIPAC...

Hamid Dabashi Op-ed column in Al-Ahram weekly is not the first article that has planted the first seed of doubt on me about Obama sleeping with the AIPAC. There is a good reason to criticize Obama narrow view of the Palestinian issue. All along I knew the AIPAC working hand in gloves with all the American presidential candidates to support the state of Israel. Rarely doesn’t an American politicians tare themselves as the quintessential apostle of Israel existence. Any politician that sides with the Palestinians explodes in the national press as the villain that sleeps with the enemy. It is hard for Obama to navigate away from the norm without being tainted with the title of anti-Semitic. I believe though that Obama campaign would produce a new engagement of American politics and the abiding realities of even handed in the American foreign policies.

The story of Palestinian is one of pain, turmoil, and conflict. One of my best Arab friends is an American born Palestinian whose family was affected in every shape and form by this conflict. Together with him we have battled the Jewish organization of Hillel on our campus during our undergraduate studies. We picketed outside Jewish sponsored talks and even erected a mock wall of Israel wall that divides the Palestinians in Gaza. I do sympathize with these people. My vote can not bring perfection to the American foreign policy, but I think my conscious tells me that it has to start from somewhere and I believe electing Obama in November can at least raise the curiosity of the sleeping American voters. I think withdrawal from the American politics by the Muslims will not solve any problem, but exacerbates it (as one close friend wondered why as a Muslim I’m even bothered with the American politics). I think as a Muslim our growing dissatisfaction and alienation with the American policies should not stop us from voting. It is the politics of everyday that is the accurate barometer of our society that we choose to live in.

Read Dabashi article below......

Ibtisam   

Mr. Obama speech to AIPAC is everywhere. What an as*S kissing idoi*t, What a loser icon_razz.gifAmerican politicians :rolleyes: are all the same and no back bone, always so terrified of the unseen lobby. When will America policy be about its own interest rather than Israel?

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

Mr. Obama speech to AIPAC is everywhere. What an as*S kissing idoi*t, What a loser
icon_razz.gif
American politicians :rolleyes: are all the same and no back bone, always so terrified of the unseen lobby. When will America policy be about its own interest rather than Israel?

So what Obama is @ Aipac? Matter of fact,i am glad he is with the AIPAC folks. Let him actually say ALL that they want to hear. It is what Americans want to hear. Like it or hate it.

Anyway,lets say he went on TV & blasted off AIPAC? Like,say,he went on TV and said: "Screw you AIPAC,we will support Palestine" Would we be talking about Obama? Naga daaya ciyaarta smile.gif

American politicians are speaking on behalf of AMericans,and wether people like it or not,this country is pro israel. People should embrace that.