Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Barack Hussein Obama wins Iowa (97% Whites)

STOIC   

^^^The choice for the VP will be one of of his first test of his political helmsmanship.Would he pass the shoals with ease or will he fail? This is why he has to make sure his campaign apparatus is one that is prepared to implement a winning plan in november...

STOIC   

^^"Stuff and Nonesense" (I always wanted to use this word only on you :D )

Now lets move on,

It is politics my dear Ngonge and of course Obama is calculating on what will propel him to the presidency. It was his youth and inexperience and today it is his policy shifts (on guns, Child rapist and public finance).Yes some of the liberal blogosphere (Huffington & Co) might be irritated with his centrist view, but Obama has a bigger agenda here. It is no secret that Obama has always believed in the second Amendment (right to bear Arms). He is moving to the center to appeal to very important voting block-Undecided voters-who will more than likely vote. In places like Georgia where this election will be more than likely a swing state Obama had to appeal to them in a less partisan division. This is really scaring the old guards Republicans.Politicians always move to the center to court some more support once they got their supporters on their behind.It is time to reach out to the undecided voters.There is a much reality in this shift as in the cause of winning the election. Obama Knows here he is playing with fire, but he knows that his supporters will file behind him in November. No politician often views his political demands as a matter of principle.In spite of Obama’s impressive charges of separating himself from the crowd he is still a politician and will do anything to assimilate his views with the dominant force (in this case the undecided voters).As you and I know politicians are elite bargainers who channel through the popular desires of their voters.Please drop this attitude of Obama is a good tissue he can never be wrong!

NGONGE   

It's not I who came up with this, saaxib. It's Obama himself. He managed to con millions of people into believing that he was for change when all along he was just another politician. You tell me it is politics and I am fine with that. I've always been an opportunist after all. But why would YOU support him over Clinton or the Republicans? Was it not because you got hoodwinked by his false change message? Or was it because he's black?

I can fully understand Obama's motives. He is indeed a politician and, for him, the ends will always justify the means. What are YOUR motives?

Abtigiis   

For once, 100% with NGONGE. It is not easy to be like that, you all know. This man never decieved me. Jumping up and down on podiums with rhethorics of "we need change" never took my wide gaze from the fundamentals. What change? whose change? and Can he actually deliver change?

Bahaabahaale weyn weeye, and a populist flipflopper. I was for Hillary! At least I knew what she stands for. Agree or no agree!

Orodaye Obaamoow

Oho oho bilaashiyo

Olol baad wadaayee

Orgi qaylyay iyo

Oodweynahan SOL shita

Ila tihid Onkodkiisi

kaa ololaystay aniguna

STOIC   

Ngonge,

Few will have the greatness to change history itself; but each of us can work to change a small portion of it and Obama is aspired to write a new history of our generation and the next one if he ever got elected. I’ll be totally honest here with you and say that in every real sense, this period of American history has witnessed more progress and achievement in race integration than any comparable era in American history. If it was all about policy for me I believe that Hillary and Obama have no that much of a difference in their policy stands. I supported and voted for Obama over Hillary because he seemed optimal to me than the crammed pitfall Hillary buried underneath her during her husband’s presidency. Obama seemed to me as a thoughtful activist. He will plant a seed, if not reap the harvest of the new changed era of race relation. I don’t think Obama is the “Teflon” president with all the solutions to America problem.

NGONGE   

^^ I'm not against the man at all (though my words may come across as such). In fact, I would prefer him to the republicans. I am not at all holding my breath for any great change though. But my opposition to him here is more to do with the way his fans perceive him than what he'll eventually become. I just feel it's worthwhile to dampen your spirits, saaxib. Better now than later, as it were.

STOIC   

^^^I’m not on asinine denial that he will disappoint me along the way, but that shouldn’t make me not go with my guts here.I have the same fear of him disappointing me if he hasn’t already with the Palestinian issue. I think I’ll be fine if I’ve already got through all the way more than halfway already :D Don’t worry I’ll handle all the piercing hemorrhage I’ll get from his campaign.

Originally posted by STOIC:

^^"Stuff and Nonesense" (I always wanted to use this word only on you
:D
)

Now lets move on,

It is politics my dear Ngonge and of course Obama is calculating on what will propel him to the presidency. It was his youth and inexperience and today it is his policy shifts (on guns, Child rapist and public finance).Yes some of the liberal blogosphere (Huffington & Co) might be irritated with his centrist view, but Obama has a bigger agenda here. It is no secret that Obama has always believed in the second Amendment (right to bear Arms). He is moving to the center to appeal to very important voting block-Undecided voters-who will more than likely vote. In places like Georgia where this election will be more than likely a swing state Obama had to appeal to them in a less partisan division. This is really scaring the old guards Republicans.Politicians always move to the center to court some more support once they got their supporters on their behind.It is time to reach out to the undecided voters.There is a much reality in this shift as in the cause of winning the election. Obama Knows here he is playing with fire, but he knows that his supporters will file behind him in November. No politician often views his political demands as a matter of principle.In spite of Obama’s impressive charges of separating himself from the crowd he is still a politician and will do anything to assimilate his views with the dominant force (in this case the undecided voters).As you and I know politicians are elite bargainers who channel through the popular desires of their voters.Please drop this attitude of Obama is a good tissue he can never be wrong!

You know,There was some sloppy reporting on the media's end. Obama hasnt moved to the center,its just the media that are catching up to him.

His stance on Iraq for instance has been consistent,from the get go. He said it in debates/in 60 minutes that he always had the right to reserve judgment and he will move only on the words of the commanders and or the situation on the ground. His gun policies were the same,he is a moderate and he is a religious fella. Of course the RNC machine,propelled by the media will say anything.

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

Farax Brawn,

Don't forget those words, as they will haunt you in no time.

I have never ran away from my words. But,seriously,you guys are buying into the RNC spin machine.

Mccain has flipp'd on almost every issue on this campaign and NOT A SINGLE mention of it in the media. Obama uses one word,and theres a furor?

That is double standard. They set the bar too high for the black man in hopes that he falls. Why cant the old white man be grilled as such?

Stoic, your man is singing the very same tunes that I warned you and others about.

Your man is just like any other politician. They make promises that they have no intention of keeping or implementing for that matter. Some of his colleague's in the senate referred to him as " presidential candidate who speaks so eloquently about issues?"

Does that sound like a man who can do the job?

You and like minded people think you know Obama, but you dont know him at all.

The man is an open book and I urge you to read his words before the november elections that way you don't have to waste a vote on him.

As long as he continues to behave like a rockstar, the closer mac man gets to secure the election. Wtf? Backstage passes to meet him at the convention?

STOIC   

You and like minded people think you know Obama, but you dont know him at all.

What do I know I'm just a bedwetting poser on an internet forum smile.gif

New electoral mappings today from NBC. Check this out. While this could change anytime,i am optimistic this is the path for the presidency?

By shifting focus from OH/FL and expanding the field to western states,Team Obama did some fine tuning really.

Here are Obs's numbers. Between base + Leans, he has a total of 210. electoral votes.

Base Obama: CA, CT, DE, DC, HI, IL, ME, MD, MA, NY, RI, VT, WA (168 electoral votes)

Lean Obama: NJ, MN, OR, WI (42 votes)

Lean McCain: AK, GA, IN, MT, NC, ND, SD (53 votes)

Base McCain: AL, AZ, AR, ID, KS, KY, LA, MS, NE, OK, SC, TN, TX, UT, WV, WY (136 votes)

Mccain;s Numbers from Base to Lean = 189electoral votes.

Toss-up: CO, FL, IA, MI, MO, NV, NM, NH, OH, PA, VA (139 votes)

Now,lets say Mccain does well in all the toss ups and gets 70+ from FL OH,VA,NV,NH. ALL Obama needs is just 60 . He could easily get those votes from PA(21) + CO(9)+ IA(7) + MI(17)+ MO(11) to give him 65 votes.

Plausible numbers? What do you think? anyone who has better path than this map?