Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Barack Hussein Obama wins Iowa (97% Whites)

NGONGE   

^^ Not a bad argument. In fact, it's much more realistic and acceptable than the 'change' argument that he keeps putting forth.

Originally posted by STOIC:

Breaking News on AP.Hillary will acknowledge Obama has the delgate for the Democratic Presidential Nomination.

:D:D:D

Watch for my face @ the Excell centre tonight as he declares it.

I'll see you there Farah. :D Don't be pushing folks around. Have your seat calmly. Excel Energy center has its own ghosts as well. Read this ...

Excell Centre: Worst Democratic Defeat in History of US Elections. Mondale was Humiliated

Symbols are everything in politics.

Democrat Barack Obama plans his final primary night rally of the year, this week, on Republican-flagged grounds: The Excel Energy Center in downtown St. Paul, Minn, where the Republican National Convention will be staged in early September.

But, as McClatchy's ever-mindful-of-history Steve Thomma notes, the place comes with some Democratic ghosts as well.

As the final primary votes are cast Tuesday in Montana and South Dakota, Obama and wife Michelle will travel to a venue that the campaign takes as a sign of its intention to take the fight to the Republicans in November - with Obama intent on competing with Republican John McCain in close states such as Minnesota.

But the footprint of the St. Paul site has some noteworthy history, Thomma, who has some experience reporting in St. Paul, has noted.

"It was at that site where Democrat Walter Mondale met with about 2,000 crying supporters on election night to concede the 1984 presidential election to President Ronald Reagan,'' he writes. "And it wasn't just a loss. It was an Electoral College landslide.

"Reagan swept 49 states and took 525 Electoral colCege votes. Mondale carried just his home state of Minnesota - narrowly - and Washington DC, giving him just 13 Electoral College votes. It was the worst electoral college defeat ever suffered by a Democrat in American history. Other Democratic landslide losers fared better: Jimmy Carter got 49 electoral votes to Reagan's 489 in 1980, and George McGovern got 17 to Richard Nixon's 520 in 1972.

Mondale appeared gracious that night at the St. Paul Civic Center, later torn down to allow construction of the Xcel Energy Center. "He has won, we are all Americans, he is our president, and we honor him tonight," Mondale said. "I am thankful to America for hearing my case."

On Tuesday night, with Obama hoping that this week's primaries and super-delegate decisions will deliver the delegates needed to name him his party's 2008 presidential nominee, the junior senator from Illinois will take the stage in St. Paul as a winner and ask all of American to hear his case as well. He will, of course, not be looking backward.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/politics/blog/2008/06/obamas_big_night_in_st_paul_gh.html

I hear the place is already full. I am gana leave work now, hopefully I will find good spot. Make sure you guys have your comers with you, you never know you may be lucky and have your picture taken with him.

^I was gonna say when did you come back? Waryee,I will take photos for you & hopefully you Solers can all glee on it....

Xiin,Ninku,reer abtigii baa dhooban dhulka,ina adeeryashis(jalwa iyo somali maxee kala yihiin,yah?) meeshu majoogan smile.gif

Stoic, stop spreading propoganda ay AP meelaha kuwadaan aka beenta press.

Sanka, was it too late for you to get a ticket for the big moment?

How else can you explain missing out the biggest moment of your man's entire existence?

He will be discussing how the idea of hope allowed him to steal the votes casted by 16+ million hillary supporters, and a chunk of the remaining super-d's.

He will also be making another prediction thats based on the hope spirit and that is to continue to hop hoping his way into the oval office.

All in all, I just wanted to come here and let you all know that Mrs C does not plan on admitting defeat, not tonight, not ever.

PS:Stoic, get your facts straight eedo, and stop relying on just the one source.

STOIC   

Easy there Lazy. The stakes are high and the odds are unfavorable against your Hillary. I posted the message before Hillary spokesperson denied the defeat allegation. The vagary of your lady is coming to close. Obama today is successful far beyond any ones fondest hope of a black man clinching the ticket of a major party! It’s about time your Hillary stop her arm-waving denunciation of her defeat. She has only to blame her staccato campaign……….I’m waiting for you to walk me through how to read alternative newspapers and blogs on the web………

Pujah   

I think it's a huge mistake for him to offer her the VP spot - even if he needs her I think he should wait until August to announce such decision.

Clinton says she's open to being VP

Posted: 03:50 PM ET

From CNN's Candy Crowley and Jim Acosta

(CNN) — Hillary Clinton told New York lawmakers Tuesday she is open to serving as Barack Obama's running mate, two sources tell CNN

CNN's Suzanne Malveaux reported Monday that Clinton began to informally signal her interest in the No. 2 spot after her overwhelming win in Puerto Rico over the weekend.

New York Rep. Charles Rangel, a major Clinton supporter, told CNN Tuesday that he has "reason to believe she is open to the V.P. slot."

Clinton's comments came in a conference call with New York supporters earlier Tuesday. Democratic Rep. Nydia Velazquez told Clinton a joint ticket was the best way for Obama to win.

"I am open to it," Clinton replied, according to the AP.

Baashi   

Good time never been so good haha. Feels good awoowe. The skinny man took on Clintons, the movers and shakers, of Dem party and oh boy did they wake up to the sound and furry of Obama's marching band consisting of 20+ whites, blacks en masse, white professionals of all ages, and what not.

That being said, the iron lady has the ace card between her boobs, literally! She is "the" woman! Anything she demands would be hers -- supreme court nomination, foreign or defense secretary, senate majority leader, even the VP is on the table provided Dems prevail in the fall.

All pundits and TV talking heads are tunning to Hillary's speech 2night. She is "the" woman of the hour.

PS: My heart goes out to my man President Clinton. He has fallen from grace. And now all "scumbags" :D as he aplty put it last night are getting free lunch from his kitchen :D