Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

Who wears a macawis here?

^^^^ we are not referring to a sitcom episode here....hand to hand combat - macawis is a liability - unless you throw it away and run through the streets with alfalaax even thos some faraxs could have opted comando :D

Cheers

Cara.   

LOL. I think I would like to see a rigorous demonstration of your hypotheses @ FF and LOZ.

Purely for the advancement of science, you understand.

Buuxo   

^LOL. Clearly LOZ is ciyaalki jidka kusoo dhashey..He does not know the versatility of the macawiis, a tuck here and there and you have your self a buume/shorts and could be doing Bruce Lee stunts in no minute.

^^^^ You mean Gandi Style...waa macawistaada ha lagugu dabro. yeeli maayo smile.gif

LoL Cara, as long as I win a throphy wife at the end of the experiment -ala Castro - smile.gif

Cheers

-Lily-   

I need to stop reading this thread, I can't stop grinnning and it's unhealthy to be seen enjoying work, or looking like you're enjoying work.

God bless the macawis with all it's short comings :D

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

^^^^ we are not referring to a sitcom episode here....hand to hand combat - macawis is a liability - unless you throw it away and run through the streets with alfalaax even thos some faraxs could have opted comando
:D

Cheers

You are not supposed to wear anything under it, saaxib. It completely alters the balance of the thing. Furthermore, the garment on garment friction causes the front of the macawis to ride up and collect around your thighs. Not a good look, saaxib. The traditional look is for it to gather around your buttocks each time you bend down to pick something up. :D

(I wonder what that is called in Somali).

Paragon   

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

^^^^ we are not referring to a sitcom episode here....hand to hand combat - macawis is a liability - unless you throw it away and run through the streets with alfalaax even thos some faraxs could have opted comando

Cheers

No, no. Waa la xaydtaa macawuusta sxb. Inta dhinacyada ka laalaabto, ayaa ka tarta la dhex mariyaa guntiga ku dhuuqsan moxogga gadaale la geshaa. I tell you sxb, there is no better garment when it comes to sinsaaro, qonof, sabaaxad or lagdin in general. It's very convenient. The trouser is more ways restricting than the macawuus.

[/qb]

You are not supposed to wear anything under it, saaxib. It completely alters the balance of the thing. Furthermore, the garment on garment friction causes the front of the macawis to ride up and collect around your thighs. Not a good look, saaxib. The traditional look is for it to gather around your buttocks each time you bend down to pick something up. :D

i]. [/QB]

Ng... how many ppl have u mooned so far? usually, when i see some 1 wearing a macawiis, full moon appears in my mind...cuz anytime u gonna see a full moon.

actually, there is new style among elder faraaxs in SD...they walk around with nice macawiis and a bakoorad! they look hip. and xalimoos seem to love their style...not sure whether its macawiis or the bakoorad they like most!! i betchya its not the macaawis!

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

You are not supposed to wear anything under it, saaxib. It completely alters the balance of the thing. Furthermore, the garment on garment friction causes the front of the macawis to ride up and collect around your thighs. Not a good look, saaxib. The traditional look is for it to gather around your buttocks each time you bend down to pick something up.

Do you actually know in Fiiq, Afdheer and Gode areas of Somaligalbeed, some communities call some brands of Macawis Qoodha-Sifaysand another brand Dhuuso-majiir . The names reflect the texture of the material.