Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Going rate...

Aaliyyah   

^ lol now i get it. thanks!

reerkasta ilmahoodu wa la quruxbadanyahay ama gabadhu ha gabnaanto oo ha faruurnaado ..either way they expect so much :D

kaftan bas qurux banaan muhim ma aha dabeecad ayaa la isku dhaafa ...

salaam

Aaliyyah   

lol you remind me of that song..Love don't cost a thing by Jennifer Lopez...sadly it does.

At least by us Somali women..waxa nalugu soo koriyey arinta ah ..easy come easy go..hadii easy lugug kaa helo hoyaday dhahada cidlo lagaaga kaa dhaqaaqaya.I truly wholeheartedly believe that....marka hadaan bank accountkiisaba baneeyo ma mid kaluu daydayaa..taasi wa maya icon_razz.gif

salaam

Haneefah   

Lol @ going rate...

Allah reer UK cheap-sanaa, 3k bey yidhaahdeen! Aaliyah, hadaba waad u jeedaa, agtooda ha ka dhawaanin ragaas :D

On serious note, it's difficult to put a monetary value to your worth, though not the purpose of the meher. I can see how one would struggle to come up with a figure...

Aaliyyah   

lol Haneefah saas weeye kama ag dhowaanaya..3k? ilaahow na cafi I would feel so worthless. As u said its hard to put a price tag on meee (am priceless) bt at least after negotiation it will be way more than 3 k :D

anyways am gonna stop trolling on serenity's post lol

STOIC   

What about the status of the person paying the dowry? Is it less for student and young people and more for the financially capable?

:D

Serenity, as someone who was engaged last summer I think it all depends on the girl's family...Sometimes the student status doesn't help especially when everyone knows that you have a potential of making more money once you finish school.I was presured by family members to negotiate with my wife, but I refused to do so because I think it is the Woman's right to ask for whatever she deems is right....Now I didn't get unreasonable range from my wife, but I saved a face by not caring what she was gonna ask(and looking CHEAP).AS long as the two people are normal I think it would not be difficult to reach a compromise..BUT be WARN family members can put you in fire sometimes :D

Ibtisam   

Woah hold it @ Aaliya and Haneefa. What on earth, I did not realize the women was been brought like merchandise, the mehr is a GIFT to the wife, and you should have your gift at the time of the nikkah. What does your mehr have to do with your worth as an individual. You can even ask for some ice cream and sweets if that is what you fancy having at the time.

I bet any Somali dude that paid more than 25K will follow his wife around going, “Women I own you, I paid good money for you, so stop stressing me. She'll be expected to run like a good car. icon_razz.gif

Aaliya, was you sitting at the wedding think, gosh this girl is cheap, only 8K icon_razz.gif:D

Malika   

LOL@the tittle of this thread,made it sound like a cattle market.

:D ,what is the going rate for a super cow? :D:D

Paragon   

Business, I was taught in high school, is the buying and selling of products and providing services.

Mariage on the other hand is altogether different banooni.

If a lady wants to be bought by a man and sold by a parent, then, that's business. And however expensive or cheap the product, at least the affair is clear cut. I like that. :D

Mixing things creates unnecessary confusion for the customer, I mean the husband to be you know. smile.gif

nuune   

^^^ According to you by logic interference, the husband is ought to know if the product expired or out of date, or has failed before :D

It is different though when da product is brand new anteeno oon bacda laga fiiqin wali

then comes da logic dat says if the product is about to expire, nearly, what should you do, in dat case you should use the logical expression of solving equations of linear quadratic formats :D

Thanks Jamaal, I deduced that from your last comment smile.gif

Johnny B   

^There you have it, ladies & Gents.

Bacdina waa la fiiqe, equationkina waa la xaliye.

Only Nuune could do it, ( ok with a little help from Jamaal jiis )

:D:D:D

Stoic - your approach is very clever. I think most women want to know a guy will give them anything they ask and do anything for them, they are not necessarily trying to bankrupt him. The only time a girl would make unreasonable demands is when she thinks the guy is tight fisted and she wants him to prove he is willing to go the extra mile for her….

…but I could be wrong, of course.

Jamaal and nuune - very naughty! Its usually your types that get taken for a ride, you know icon_razz.gif