Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Ayan Hirsi's new video

Deysane   

Allahii Samada iyo Cirka Ku Taagay 7 Maalmood Waxba Kuma aha in uu Calaamad Ka Muujiyo Kuffaartaas. :mad: :mad:

Maxaad Ka rabtaa Lase...Iska Daa Ha Bood Boodo Wax Yar uun...Waxaa Laga Jari Doonaa Maalin aysan Dadka ay istusayso Waxba u qabankarin :rolleyes:

Allow Wadada Toosan Nagu Hagaaji...Amiiin Amiin.

Changed   

Check this out ::::

Published: November 3, 2004

ARIS, Nov. 2 - Theo van Gogh, a Dutch filmmaker and writer who had recently made a television film critical of Islam, was shot and stabbed to death on an Amsterdam street on Tuesday.

The killing shocked the Netherlands, already apprehensive over large-scale Muslim immigration, which has provoked an angry public debate. Mr. van Gogh's film added to that debate after it was broadcast in September.

Shortly after the killing, the police arrested a 26-year-old man of dual Dutch and Moroccan nationality, whom they refused to identify. It was not immediately clear if he had any connections to militant groups, but the police said he was not known to any Dutch law enforcement agency and that he had not been under surveillance.

Before fleeing, the man left a note on the body of the victim, said Eric Vermeulen, a spokesman for the Amsterdam police. The police declined to describe the contents of the message. The Dutch news media reported that it contained passages from the Koran.

Mr. van Gogh, 47, a distant relative of the 19th century painter Vincent van Gogh, had received death threats after the broadcast of the short TV film, "Submission." He made the movie with Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a Somali-born refugee who fled an arranged marriage and ended up in the Netherlands, where she is now a member of the Dutch Parliament.

Mr. van Gogh and Ms. Hirsi Ali, who wrote the script, have both criticized the conservative Muslim clergy for perpetuating views that are anti-women and anti-homosexual. Their 10-minute film presented the stories of four women who, while saying their prayers, describe to God the sexual and physical abuse they have suffered at the hands of the men in their lives. The actresses have Koranic verses dealing with women written on their bare skin, and some have traces of lashings painted on their bodies.

Mr. van Gogh, a prolific filmmaker, columnist and writer who dealt with a range of subjects but always mocked hypocrisy, also published a book titled "Allah Knows Better," a scathing critique of Islamic militants and clergy, whom he called woman haters. Ms. Hirsi Ali, who has lived under police protection for two years, said she and Mr. Van Gogh received death threats after the film was broadcast. "Theo did not want any police protection," she said in a telephone interview. "He often insisted on the need to preserve our freedom of speech. He said he would only report the threats to the police."

Asked if she and Mr. van Gogh had discussed the death threats, she said: "He told me, Ayaan, if they kill me, remember the rule of law has to be protected against extremists."

The man suspected of killing Mr. van Gogh fired several shots at about 8:30 a.m., then crossed the street and stabbed him several times with a knife, a police spokesman said. Witnesses told the police that the assailant then stuck a note on his victim's chest with the knife.

He then ran into a nearby park, which was quickly cordoned off by the police. As he emerged, he fired at the police. In a brief ensuing gunfight, both the suspect and a policeman were wounded, the police spokesman said.

Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende called for calm and asked people to let investigators do their job before jumping to conclusions. "Nothing is known about the motive," he said in written statement. Mr. Balkenende described the filmmaker as a man of "outspoken opinions," and added that it would be deplorable for a difference of opinion to lead to murder.

A memorial called by the mayor of Amsterdam, Job Cohen, was held Tuesday night on Dam Square, in the center of the city. The crowd was estimated at more than 20,000 people.

"We are all so sad and baffled that you can get killed for your opinion," Tilly Hermans, director of the Augustus Publishing, said in a telephone interview. "Theo had strong opinions, but in our democracy we had become used to fighting for our opinion with our voices or our pens."

She said people were worried about possible repercussions and the political mood in the country. In a recent survey, many Dutch said they feared the growing number of Muslims and the possibility that Islamic militants might be among them. Close to a million of the country's 16 million people are Muslim immigrants or their descendants.

The center-right government has recently tightened immigration laws and pressed immigrants to try harder to integrate by taking language and citizenship classes. Immigrants often say it is hard to assimilate in a country where many people do not want them.

Members of immigrant groups in Amsterdam representing Moroccan and Turkish associations condemned the killing and pleaded for dialogue. "Escalation is in no one's best interest," a spokesman for a Moroccan group said.

The killing evoked the slaying of the populist right-wing politician Pim Fortuyn, who, like Mr. van Gogh, talked openly about taboo subjects, including Islam and immigration. Mr. Fortuyn, who had gained a large following and wanted to become prime minister, was killed by an environmental activist in May 2002, just days before national elections.

By coincidence, Mr. van Gogh had just completed a film about the life and ideas of Pim Fortuyn, which was to be released in December.

On Tuesday, friends and associates of Mr. van Gogh debated on radio and television why he had not taken the death threats seriously.

"Either he underestimated the danger or he did not want to be scared by it - I rather think the latter," said Nelleke Noordervliet, a writer who knew Mr. van Gogh well.

Mr. van Gogh had many admirers and critics. "Life will be a lot more boring without him," said Eveline van Dijck, a producer who worked with him.

She Better Run for Her life cuz She might be Next ::::::yikes :eek: :eek: :eek:

OG Moti   

Mr. van Gogh had many admirers and critics. "Life will be a lot more boring without him," said Eveline van Dijck, a producer who worked with him.

AND i SAY LIFE IS BETTER WITHOUT HIM.. MUCH BETTER AND MUCH EXCITING.. AND AYAN IS A LADY WHO COULDNT FIND A GOOD HUSBAND BECAUSE OF HER ATTITUDE SO LET HER SHOUT NO ONE IS HEARING... AND ALLAH'S HANDS REACHS EVERYWHERE AND WHEN HER TIME COMES IT WILL REACH HER AND SHE WILL BE SO SORRY FOR EVER AND EVER.. I FEEL SORRY FOR HER NOT FOR ISLAM CAUSE ISLAM WILL REVEAL AND ALLAH'S WORDS WILL REACH THE UNIVERSE.. PEACE

3ajiib..

pple oo islam lagu dhalay and they act that way.. reer baadiyonimo waa dhaaftay taas.. too waalan aa wadankee joogta oo waxaas ku dhaqanta, walllahi i feel sick markii journaladda lagusoo qoro & markii televisions ka laga soo daayo..

few yrs ago, niman wadaado ah ee intee u tagtay ayadoo hidden camera wadato ee information badan kasoo xaday nimankii ineey ayaandhan police dhaba socdaan ee gaartay oo dadka soomaliada dhan shoog ka qaadaan..

ilaaheey maka baqaayaan miyaa: ilaaheey waa awoodaa isla markaas inoo cadaabo..

ilaahoow na hanuuni............

Curly   

Originally posted by sheherazade:

Good husband ku ye. So relevant.

Yeah I noticed that too, most Somalis nearly always put everything down to either needing a good husband or not being able to find a good husband.

lol life is so simple for them...when their main goal in life is to reproduce, I think.

Sophist   

Nina ninkiis ma dhalo. Xirsi Magan *awoowe* waa nin rageed; caqli nin uu biyo dhigey. I have the pleasure of seeing him regularly. One of the most intelligent Somali elders I have had the pleasure meeting-- wuxuu isoo xusuusiyaa ragii OLOL iyo Maan buuxiye lahaa.

Originally posted by Sophist:

Nina ninkiis ma dhalo. Xirsi Magan *awoowe* waa nin rageed; caqli nin uu biyo dhigey. I have the pleasure of seeing him regularly. One of the most intelligent Somali elders I have had the pleasure meeting-- wuxuu isoo xusuusiyaa ragii OLOL iyo Maan buuxiye lahaa.

obviously he didnt do a good goob in raising Ayaan Cadeey....

War eslanta ska dafah.

Salam

OG-- You sure in ay "Islaan tahay" ??

Originally posted by Sophist:

Xirsi Magan, this name has the ring of familiarity. Xirsi Magan, if we be referring to the same person, is a freind and collegue of my father; Xirsi graduated from the University of Columbia(ivy league school) many moons ago.

I have had the pleasure of meeting Xirsi Magan whilst I was travelling Bari a few years ago. The conversation I had with him after making a phone call at Netco (a telecommunications company in Bosaso), although breif, was memorable.

quite a dangerous character, I want to know if she is officially a christian, or is she still muslim.

YOu see, there is only one thing we can do, kill her or Kill her,

Which one do we choose

[i say kill her, or we can kill her, but kill her again.]

You get what i mean, you see, i gave 2 choices. kill her or kill her, in other words, there is no choice but to K*** her

Ummm i think its obvious that she is not a muslim

i mean this woman left the somali country side 11 years ago, probably had no education especially bout Islam and now is more right wing then the whites thats completly stuffed.

But i dont think she deserves to die, thats just to extreme. It will only fuel the sterotypes about Islam being a mysoginistic, violent religion.

In the end of the day this Ayan Hirsi is the real loser she cant live a day without threats thats punishment enough.

king_450   

It is so obvious that most of you are obssessive with this chic! the more you talk about her the bigger she gets and by the way did y'all hear enough is enough about this lady,atleast there is about 10 different topics about this lady in SOL site,go figure.

Rahima   

obviously he didnt do a good goob in raising Ayaan Cadeey....

The children of nabi nuux are in jahanam.

Parents can only try their best. May Allah give patience to this man, she was a waste of time and energy.