Sign in to follow this  
LayZie G.

Tuujiye: To be or Not to be a Gaal:that is the question

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

quote:Originally posted by Sherban Shabeel:

quote:

^^Wa la bahey, I have to come back and read this thread when I have time. Did she really say a saint struggled with Iman and a "great" one for dying as a catholic
:D
loool

I'm sorry, what's so wild about a saint struggling with Iman?
Sherban.

She is not talking about a saint struggling with the
model
Iman, but rather an important principle in
Islam
which determines the strength of the believer. It is made up of separate and hierarchical components, the lowest component being removing a harmful object from the street. The whole principle can ONLY be implied to a Muslim who is attempting to at least fulfil the compulsory components (six). So yes it is
Wild
to apply this to a saint, who not only falls outside of Islam but has no wish, understanding or compulsion to fulfil Islamic components (which are contradictor) to his faith. He would probably find it insulting.
1. Iman? Do you really think I'm that thick or was that a joke?

2. I fail to see how these Islamic components are contradictory to his faith.

3. Unless you know him personally and have talked to him, you can't know if he would find it insulting. If he were to find it insulting, he'd be called a fool, and not a saint. Saints aren't pedophiles, or people who trash talk Islam, or who knows what you're imagining. Saints are saints for a reason.

I don't have a problem with you thinking your faith is superior to mine, and if you think I don't deserve the same rewards you do, then I ask you to pray for my salvation.

What I do have a problem with is your divisive discourse. Like Muslims and non-Muslims are like oil and water. Keep driving these wedges between people, so that they become even larger than they are today, until there is an abyss between them. That will be the beginning of the end.

Tuujiye   

:D:D Ngonge ayaa wuxuu nugu waalay "war kubada barta" ilaa hadana aniga iyo nuune few others wili erayga "kubad" ma dhaafin maxaan baranaa lool...

War diinta Barta!!! as Ngonge is about to say in a bit lool..

My favourite religion in the world is Catholicism because its very complex and its history fascinates me since its inception but this does not make me a 'gaalo lover' or a 'gaal' for that matter.

diin qofkale inta aad baraneysaan, horta tiina maad ka adkaataan!!! ilabax nimada naarta lagu gali jiray miyaa waxaan horta kaalaya? lool

History of the catholic church dhan waa tan... little summed up but I think is the important parts....

How Did Your Church Begin?

33 A.D.

Roman Catholic Church (moved to Rome by Peter after he fled Jerusalem) was founded by God-made-man, Jesus Christ. He said: "Thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build My Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it... Feed my lambs; feed My sheep" (Matt. 16:18,19; John 21:15,17). He also said: "He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who gathers not with me scatters" (Matt.12:30).

9th Century Marked The First Official Schisms Within The Church

827: Eastern Schism began by Photius of Constantinople. The primary difference in Faith at the heart of the schism was the argument over the addition of the filioque statement (Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son, not just the Father) to the creed. This schism eventually healed.

1053: Eastern Schism began by Michael Caerularius of Constantinople. The primary argument was the Latin practice of fasting on Saturday and the use of unleavened bread for the Holy Eucharist. Theses two points were more for challenging the authority of the Roman Pontif. This schism eventually healed.

1378: Death of Pope Gregory XI on 27 March, 1378 began the Western Schism. The schism came to an end in 1417.

1472: Present Schism of the Eastern Church begins with the repudiation of the Council of Florence.

1517: Lutheran Church was founded by Martin Luther, a former priest of the Roman Catholic Church. This marked the beginning of the Protestant Reformation

1521: Anabaptist first appeared in Zwickau, in the present kingdom of Saxony. Initially, they were primarily against infant baptism.

1525: Schwenkfeldians were founded by Kaspar of Schwenkfeld, aulic councillor of Duke Frederick of Liegnitz and canon. At first he associated himself with Luther, but later opposed the latter in his Christology, as well as in his conception of the Eucharist, and his doctrine of justification.

1531: The Socinians and other Anti-Trinitarians attacked the fundamental doctrine of the Blessed Trinity. Chief founder of Anti-Trinitarians was Laelius Socinus, teacher of jurisprudence at Siena, and his nephew, Faustus Socinus.

1536: Mennonites founded by Menno Simons, a former Catholic priest and later an Anabaptist elder. They deny infant baptism and the real presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist.

1534: Church of England (Anglicanism) was founded by King Henry VIII when he threw off the authority of the Pope and proclaimed himself the head of the Church in England, because the Pope refused to declare invalid his marriage with Queen Catherine.

1560: The Presbyterian denomination was begun by John Knox who was dissatisfied with Anglicanism.

1608: The Baptist church was launched by John Smyth in Amsterdam, Holland.

1620: The Swiss Mennonites split into Amish or Upland Mennonites and Lowland Mennonites.

1671: Quakers were founded by John George Fox of Drayton in Leicestershire. He favored a visionary spiritualism, and found in the soul of each man a portion of the Divine intelligence. All are allowed to preach, according as the spirit incites them.

1744: The Methodist church was launched by John and Charles Wesley in England.

1774: The Unitarians were founded by Theophilus Lindley in London.

1784: Episcopalian denomination was begun by Samuel Seabury who was dissatisfied with Presbyterianism.

1787: The founder of The Salvation Army is William Booth, who quit the Anglicans, and then the Methodists, and set up his own version of Christianity.

1822: Mormons founded by Joseph Smith, who made his appearance with supposed revelations in 1822.

1872: The Jehovah's Witness Church was developed by Charles Russell.

1879: Mrs. Mary Baker Eddy began the Christian Scientist religion basing it upon an outright denial of Original Sin and its effects.

1896: Ballinger Booth, the son of William Booth, quit The Salvation Army and started his own church.

The Seventh-Day Adventists, the Church of Christ, The Church of the Nazarene, or any of the various Pentecostal Churches, etc. are also among the hundreds of new churches founded by men within the past 150 years or so.

Over 33,000 Sects "Scattered" Outside The One Church Founded By Christ

This is the link!

it all started 9th century and Islam started 6th century! all the way till the 15th century, they called it the dark era lool wonder why!

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Tuujiye   

Layzie I don't think of you as gaal! but I do believe that you are lost abaayo and you need to spend sometime on your self.... Qofkii diin leh ilaaho muu ahaado Catholic or jewish, wee kula yaabi doonaan sida aad utahay lost!... You have no base of what you believe in abaayo ee orod bax ilaahey xarigiisa qabso...

Is too late for you to change the things you wrote and walaahi I'm not judging you for it any more because I know in aad soo hanuuni doontid abaayo because halis baad ku jirtaa! runtii........

Juxa ducadeedi maku soo gaartay? luubaan aan kuugu soo tufay bakeeri biyo ah in uu ilaahey madax xanuunka kaa bi'iyo..aamiinada lee gur adiga! lool

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by Sherban Shabeel:

quote:Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

quote:

Originally posted by Sherban Shabeel:

quote:

^^Wa la bahey, I have to come back and read this thread when I have time. Did she really say a saint struggled with Iman and a "great" one for dying as a catholic
loool

I'm sorry, what's so wild about a saint struggling with Iman?
Sherban.

She is not talking about a saint struggling with the
model
Iman, but rather an important principle in
Islam
which determines the strength of the believer. It is made up of separate and hierarchical components, the lowest component being removing a harmful object from the street. The whole principle can ONLY be implied to a Muslim who is attempting to at least fulfil the compulsory components (six). So yes it is
Wild
to apply this to a saint, who not only falls outside of Islam but has no wish, understanding or compulsion to fulfil Islamic components (which are contradictor) to his faith. He would probably find it insulting.
1. Iman? Do you really think I'm that thick or was that a joke?

2. I fail to see how these Islamic components are contradictory to his faith.

3. Unless you know him personally and have talked to him, you can't know if he would find it insulting. If he were to find it insulting, he'd be called a fool, and not a saint. Saints aren't pedophiles, or people who trash talk Islam, or who knows what you're imagining. Saints are saints for a reason.

I don't have a problem with you thinking your faith is superior to mine, and if you think I don't deserve the same rewards you do, then I ask you to pray for my salvation.

What I
do
have a problem with is your divisive discourse. Like Muslims and non-Muslims are like oil and water. Keep driving these wedges between people, so that they become even larger than they are today, until there is an abyss between them. That will be the beginning of the end.
Sherban, it is not a matter of being thick, it is a matter of you not fully comprehending what Iman is, much like lazy, your respond to me above shows why, but instead of asking me WHY? you have already going defensive.

I don’t know the saint, but I do know Islam, and I know what parts IN Islam which are not acceptable in Christianity. I never said he is a pedo or this or the other, those are your words, so please don’t fob them off as mine. Perhaps you are use to people saying that or maybe you worry about that too much, but I was referring to the compulsory components of Iman, (maybe you fail to see the contradiction because you dont know what they are? To mention a few;

1) To believe in Allah, alone (not trinity, not saints, not Jesus or Priests who has special link to God, Believing in God has further components (two main categories) which define his lordship)

2) To believe in the hereafter, hell and heaven and the characteristics of its people ( I doubt he thought he was going to hell)

3) To believe in Angels (This is the only component he could share/ believe)

4) To believe in all the books, including the Quran, (he who disbelieves in one has disbelieved and to believe that the Quran is the last word of God revealed to Mankind)(Saints cannot believe in the Quran as the only preserved Book of God in the original form existing in the world now)

5) To believe in all the prophets (26+ mentioned in the Quran, Mohammed as the last messenger of God, and Jesus is just a messenger) (He cannot believe in Mohammed PBUH,)

You can search Quran Chapter 2 Verse 177 if you want to read it more about this.

Okay, so if someone denies anyone of these categories or subcategories, then they are classed as deviating from Islam, as it says in Quran Chapter 4 verse 136, if someone denies Allah, his angels, books, messengers and the day of judgement has gone astray.

So you see regardless of how highly you think of saints or how nice or respectful they are about Islam, from Islamic prospective there is no way he could have fulfilled the components of Iman, if he did he would be a Muslim.

As for you, what you believe in, your reward or otherwise, I don't really think about it much, but since you asked, may Allah (SWT) guide you and me) Ameen.

I know people who believe that Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are pretty much the same and as long as you believe in God you are okay or equal, we can all hold hands and so forth. I have never claimed to be a liberal, I am extreme in MY believe. I do not think we need to all act like we are clones in believe to be able to have a discussion or respect each other, nor do I see why people get offended by what another faith preaches about you. Christianity, Judaism and Islam or even Hinduism preach that if you don’t follow this or that then you are going to hell or will be punished, it teaches that YOUR path is correct and everyone else wrong. If someone people have watered down their faith so that it is friendlier to other people who are not of that faith that is your choice, but it is not my role to change or adapt Islam. In nature religions are exclusive, not inclusive of everyone. So lets quit pretending. I would respect someone a lot more if they stayed true to what they follow, rather than cutting corners and trying to patronise me.

The Zack   

Tuujiye, what's up with posting a whole book about the catholic religion, r u starting to learn it too? Don't let it be ur favorite one please.

Lazy, yaa arkay the last 32 hours?

AYOUB   

Ayaan & Awkoombe Show is a bit dull today.

Tuujiye

I like the "abbaaye" in the dac'wa, very innovative. :D

nuune   

^^ :D waa da'wa soconeeso yeah

Tuujiska, waraa naga kala aayar copy an paste, adduunka pasting ayaan ugu necbahay, ee ka tirtir waxaas meesha

Juxa   

the zack i am sure she is fine and dandy, just busy or getting ready for a show down

AYOUB   

Originally posted by nuune:

^^
waa da'wa soconeeso yeah

Haddaan hore ula socon lahaa waxaan ku ajar qaadan lahaa xabad iska-dhal "jahova witness" albaabka iguso garaaci jirtay. smile.gif

nuune   

^^ Jaanis baa halkaa kugu dhaafey Ayoubow :D

colkaa iyo jinkaaba abaayo hadaad tiraahdo waxbaa ka soo baxo halkaa, koleey reer Xamar baad tahay afka muruq kaa gali maaye hadaad tiraahdo :D

Ibti,

Do you know what the trinity means? Do you know what saints are? I suppose you don't, because otherwise you wouldn't bring them up as examples to show that we don't believe in ONE God. Did you know that the Church of England recognizes Islam as a form of Christianity?

It's ridiculous how you enumerate the components of Iman one after the other, like they're totally incompatible with what we believe in. Go talk to a priest sometime and see what he thinks. I'm a Christian, yet I believe in all the Prophets, in all of God's books.

Anyway, I currently don't have the fire to continue this theological discussion which will probably lead nowhere, just like every other discussion on this forum.

But I must say, you missed my point. The tone of your original post was derisive and offensive. I don't even like the Catholic church, but I did find your ridiculing of the said saint distasteful. Your post read like "A Catholic saint having Iman? HAH! What a joke!" and I found that very disturbing.

Why? Because it's this type of discourse that perpetrates the mistrust between people today. I'm not saying we should be clones, but when you do everything you can to accentuate otherness and to act like we're incompatible, that's destructive. Because you perpetuate this pipe dream that war is about Christian vs. Muslim, East vs. West and all that claptrap that's so popular nowadays.

When war is actually about man versus himself. It's about man fighting against the ugly, cruel, side of his own nature.

Tuujiye   

Tuujiye

I like the "abbaaye" in the dac'wa, very innovative.

:confused: :confused: ok........

Zack history kale maa jirto camal ee iga tahay..halahaas lee soo maha waxa ee laga hadlaayo? in Islam ka qadiimsan yahay ayaan tusinaye...

nuune yaa cirfiid! mina subax kaste maku soo kalahdaa kaalay!

Juxa, see ku garatay in qoftaan buraanbur soo wado?

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Lets just hope you're not an English teacher.

A statement is understood by the way it's written. If she is protesting that she is not a gaal but at the same time says that a gaalo faith is her favourite then it must mean that it is really her second favourite.

If you say so smile.gif

Ps..I'm an English teacher.

Johnny B   

Tuujiye is but a typical rehash of "ciyalka xaafada" Muslim.

He goes around filling his bags with this is Muslim and that one is Gaal, meaning this one is good and that one is bad.

The trend is the offspring of the lazy mind, that refuses to think and preferably think out of the Box.

How much does it take for one to realize that every jack favors his (mostly born into) Faith? not much,lest one is a tad bit retarded, but then because we've many different Faiths on Earth one is ideally familiar with atleast most of them, and can favor beside one's own Faith.

In an on-depth-analysis, The reaction of Nuune is natural, accepting the existence of other equally right or equally wrong Faiths is a painful reality for someone who inhereted his Faith, hence no respect or tolerance , forget about accepting them, just studying them and favoring one of them is equal to having no strong Faith in one's own in the first place.

A hedgehog defence machanism within the Abrahamic Faiths.