Sign in to follow this  
LayZie G.

Tuujiye: To be or Not to be a Gaal:that is the question

Haatu   
:D:D Dadkan cabbaad badanaa. Waryaa Tuujiye iyo taas LG la dhaho, qeylidiina pal talk u qaata.

In your haste to silence the voice of plurality and religious diversity, you want to categorise people into two binary categories – Muslim or gaalo. This is very simplistic my dear and indeed reflective of your ignorance.

:D:D Simplistic huh? :confused: Oo hada, you can't be asked wether you're a Muslim or not miyaa? Reer magaalnimo dhaaftay reer magaalnimo dheh! You deversify your beliefs like bonds? icon_razz.gif

ailamos   

Originally posted by LayZie G.:

My favourite religion in the world is Catholicism because its very complex and its history fascinates me since its inception but this does not make me a 'gaalo lover' or a 'gaal' for that matter.

There are scholars of Islamic theology and history such as Dr. Frank Griffel who are not Muslims themselves.

Hence, one can have a "favorite" religion without subscribing to the religion itself. Apparently, Dr. Griffel's favorite religion is Islam, hence he dedicated so many years of his life studying it.

I personally think the Hinduism has a very old and fascinating history and like to read about it from time to time.

ailamos   

hehehe... perhaps, I have many favorite topics, and yes, some of them happen to be religions other than Islam... I am also fascinated by Buddhism and other really old religions ;)

NGONGE   

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

quote:If she said that her favourite religion is Catholicism, I would be feeling as disturbed as you are. But that is not what she said. She actually finished that sentence with talk about her not being a gaal-lover or a gaal. That Catholicism is her second favourite religion is implied in that sentence. Cut the mad one some slack, people.

:D:D

I see. When you say "my favorite" in the English language, it just means Number UNO! Hadaase i leedahay gurigan gubtay gas ha ku sii qaban, gartay
;)
Adiga bal reerka u odayee. I didnt say anything. Cat got my tongue
smile.gif
All I could muster was to each their own.
Lets just hope you're not an English teacher. icon_razz.gif

A statement is understood by the way it's written. If she is protesting that she is not a gaal but at the same time says that a gaalo faith is her favourite then it must mean that it is really her second favourite.

My favourite faith hardly ever equals my choice of faith.

p.s.

I wasn't picking on you in particular (for that, there is always bumbling B). I were just dealing with a point that many others were shocked by.

As much as I love LG, I'm with Tujiiye on this.

Jacpher   

Lazy should be asked what's so special about Catholicism. Perhaps she knows more about this one than tan ay sheeganeyso.

NGONGE   

^^ Taa waalan fasiraad ma taqaan dee. Miyaanad arag siday o ordaysa? Wixi ka dhaata ana hadowta gurtaa ama lugahay ku juugsatay raali galiyaa. I daa, aan ajir ku qaatay, saaxib.

NGONGE   

^^ Habeen wanaagsan.

Jacphar,I blame my rubbish laptop. I think I was saying something about getting ajaar. :D

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by Sherban Shabeel:

quote:Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

^^Wa la bahey, I have to come back and read this thread when I have time. Did she really say a saint struggled with Iman and a "great" one for dying as a catholic
:D
loool

I'm sorry, what's so wild about a saint struggling with Iman?
Sherban.

She is not talking about a saint struggling with the model Iman, but rather an important principle in Islam which determines the strength of the believer. It is made up of separate and hierarchical components, the lowest component being removing a harmful object from the street. The whole principle can ONLY be implied to a Muslim who is attempting to at least fulfil the compulsory components (six). So yes it is Wild to apply this to a saint, who not only falls outside of Islam but has no wish, understanding or compulsion to fulfil Islamic components (which are contradictor) to his faith. He would probably find it insulting.