Sign in to follow this  
LayZie G.

Tuujiye: To be or Not to be a Gaal:that is the question

Abtigiis   

Tuujiye has for once got out of his usual self and he doesn't look pretty.

He is apologising to individuals for calling them what they are, while not telling us if they have changed their views on the issues he disagreed with at first.

Ilaahay ka baq oo big balls iska dayday oo sidan isu dhaan Tuujiye. Calling LAzyG a 'gaal' is not wide off the mark.

Tuujiye   

:D:D:D:D A&T Layzie Gaal ma aha saaxiib and wax is badalay ma jiraan laakiin you know me and how I hate talk about siyaasad iyo diin lool have you ever seen me oo waxaan ka murmaayo lool

waa lakala leexiyaa liin iyo caano saaxiib soo hore looma dhihin, since la is wada bartay, so fair ma aha in aan iskaga laabto ciyaal "z" nimadeedii ;)

:D mar danbena hasoo qaad qaadin mataanaheyga waraa geed yahoo wijigiisa aad u qabtiid saxan seesar ah oo la futa gadiye!

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Jeez, Tuujiye. You've been boxed in. If I knew it was this easy, I would have called you out on a lot of things years ago! In fact my next thread will be about your use of 'bajaq' to refer to the ladies.

[soapbox Mode On]

I think we argue for the sake of arguing on this board. There's so much posturing and one upmanship that even if there's a valid point somewhere in the discussion it quickly gets lost in the grime.

I also think Shabeel has a point in this instance. We should value our deen highly, and if you don't then you certainly have some major issues to work out. But let's not look down on the faith of others either. We are not aliens to each other. Muslim, Christian, Jew, we are all just people at the end of the day, with the same blood running through our veins. Respect is the key word here. In the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammed (SAW), treat everyone as you would like to be treated and lead by example.

[soapbox Mode Off]

Ibtisam   

^^Hear Hear^^

Originally posted by Sherban Shabeel:

Ibti,

Everything I said in reply to your post was strictly in reply to your post, which I still find wack no matter how many times I go over it. What I said isn't an observation about you in general, but about that post which denotes an attitude I'm criticizing.

I never said I'm not interested in a conversation, I said I
don't have the energy to argue with you when you come at me with a very rudimentary understanding of my faith and then try to say "well, look it's so different than mine!" How could you know it's different when you don't even understand it?

LOL, what? Are you suggesting I believe in more than one God? Or that I don't believe in the hereafter? Or in all of God's prophets and all of his books?

I couldn't care less how extreme you are in your beliefs, but please do inform yourself before you start mocking saints. Just as your comment about the model Iman shows, you assume that I'm as ignorant about Islam as you are about Christianity, you're projecting your ignorance on me. Think again.

All that being said, please do know that I like you as a person (from what I see on this forum) and I wish you only good things in your life.

Sherban,

Strange we seem to be saying the same THING but from different points.

- I said and still saying you do not understand what Iman is in Islam, hence why you can claim or argue that a saint or even you can share the same components.

- You are saying I don’t understand your religion, and hence why I am arguing it is different to mine and cannot share the same principles.

As for my ignorance of Christianity, I know the basic, I took one lesson a week in school for five years and I have done few extra reading, so yes I am sure a Christian person will know more than me, but I know the difference in the fundamentals between the two religion, and this is why I decided to be a Muslim and not a Christian. (Yes, I decided as a young adult on my own, despite taking my family religion as a child)

So if you want, when I have time during the weekend, I will show you WHY I know the principle of Iman is NOT compatible with Christianity, saint or otherwise. You then can respond based on your knowledge as to why you think it is.

I maintain that if someone shares and believes in the principles of Iman as they are in Islam, then they are a Muslim, not a Christian or catholic saint. You might find that offensive, so if you are going to get upset later and take it as me bashing you or Christianity, then I will keep it to myself. Regardless of what YOU as an individual think or believe in terms of how the alike the religions are. Yes there are similarities, because the fundamental message of Islam is exactly the same as the original message of Christianity and every other book before it, but I think on this principle at least there are vast difference.

What or how much you know about Islam as a whole is neither here nor there, credit to you if you know Islam as well as some Muslims, maybe you can take something away in the end to add to your understanding and likewise for me, because even if you dedicated your whole life to any religion, even years of study, you can never know enough.

Juxa   

horta waa fiican tahay to apologise to others if you have hurt their feelings or said something that could be considered offensive.

second nuune could never be a mediator, because he is primo seef-labood in hiding, in fact i know for fact he reads extreme jihadist litarature, need i say the reason he has obtained his duuliye licence. bal hala isjiro

personally waxan qabaa, the word GAAL should be refrained from, it is such a big tag, hanuunka alle baa leh and a person can towbad-keen as long as he/she is breathing. yes i know i have been hanging out with ibti too much.

cafis iyo masaabax isdhaha and move on.

finally one should be able to ask or even wonder about things, religion included. unless you ask, ponder, discuss and think you would NEVER ever learn about your religion or be tolerant to others.

as muslims, our beliefs are strong and most of us never question our faiths but at times things happen that make you wonder about this or that.

it takes alot of courage to seek knowledge, to question and if you are wrong to accept it and move on.

wabillah towfiiq

Ibtisam   

Juxa, dont you think I will be a good mediator :D

Okay maybe Val then.

P.s. I am taking full payment for the apology Tuujis made for calling people gaal when they dont say I am gaal. I feel proud icon_razz.gif

Juxa   

no you wont, you see you do have strong opinions and at times can be quite scary. anigaba ka cabsaday.

i think VAl is diblomaasi

Ibtisam   

Loool @ have strong opinions and at times can be quite scary. anigaba ka cabsaday.

So not true, I can listen to people even if they are saying the most crazy offensive thing and wont get upset. icon_razz.gif

Okay Val, what do you say to your new position of ciyaal xaaf kaal ceeli all day? :D

Juxa   

ibti it is so true, your facial expression kaliya could make a person run for the door.

it is a compliment really, and it takes the heat off me.

VAL waalagu caleemo sarayaa

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

He is apologising to individuals for calling them what they are

Wa la'iskugu tagay odayga.

Oz   

Val, that's how much you want to get rid of the Aussies eh? :D Macaleesh.

Ps: Who did you vote for yaa Val? I think if you voted for mr brown you are the only one who voted for him. :D

Pps: Layzie-G, Tuujiye is one undisputed/unbeaten champion. you choose the wrong person to karbash, simple as that. Having said that, I enjoy reading your piece, I must say you are the "maryooley John Stewart" in the making :D