Sign in to follow this  
Thinkerman

The best league resumes on.....

Baaniyal   

One of the best Eid it was for me,i punched a hole in the wall in my house after henry left Javier Zanetti for dead in the third goal. It was a night of dreams i tell ya. You can say Inter was horrible and all,but this is the first time in 40 years Inter Milan lost at the San Siro in a european tournament. Also it was the worst result ever for an italian side in european tournaments. Never in my wildest dreams did i see a pummeling of this sort to happen. But like i said before,the CL is that type of tourney where any team can beat the other. What would be quite funny is if Inter defeats Juventus this weekend. So much for your best league in the world argument Shujui. In this years CL the english teams defeated the italians 3 games out of 4. A trend that will continue throughtout the tourney i feel.

_39526148_celebrations_afp_300x200.jpg

Ole Ole Gunners

Baaniyal   

Sorry shujui it was the great Javier Zanetti that got left with a single step!

BBC Report

With Arsenal looking headed for a nervy finish Henry raced away, beat Javier Zanetti before firing past Toldo from a narrow angle.

well well here we are again in this game of russian ruelette but this time mr. mancini aka shujui looks like inter has caused u ur brains. like i said italian soccer is trash and the only time it looks good is thanx to foreigners. inter was so pathetic they displayed no spirit to fight back.

Baaniyal   

3-1 to Inter,you gotta love the irony of it all. They outplayed Juventus in every way possible at the delle alpi.

Yo Tank, how was your eid playa?

Winger Today's game should be a cracker,am hoping for a Chelsea win,cause i see them faltering later on the season rather than Manu.

lol i got to hold my hands up football is a crazy game. I was show sure of the out come that i didnt even bother to watch the game, rather i went to watch a more unpredictable ending smile.gif (or so i thought) at teh Shinemo Matrix 3. But that said am obivously hapy that Juve finally sliped up, that ws theer first defeat since teh Chapions Leauge Final and they where starting to look Unstopable.

But i would say one thing, i think its quite clear that inter play well and there is harmony in the team without Veri. That was evidnet yesturday, and a highbury aswell. Cleary there is someone thing going wrong in the team when he players.

But i am a man of my word and i will keep shtum for a while now :cool: , but i know i wont have to wait too long before both Inter and Arsenal prove me right again :D .

BTW Enough of both them shiid teams my Beloved AS Roma will go top today if the Beat Empoli by just 1-0 score line which would make it 16 games 11 wins 5 draws in Seria n Uefa Cup, 28 goals for 4 conceded now that is a team smile.gif .

Anyway live u t it gents

^^^ Oh, I can't wait for my DirectTV. I will have many more reasons to tease Mancini about how shity Italian football is. I just don't watch much football nowadays because I don't have the correct chanels.

I will soon Inshallah... watch out mr Mancini. You will be cryino foulo fuutbolo ...

French Football > Italian Football

i had my worst eid man, i went pray then i looked around and every1 was goint to library to study so i did too.

yo baani u know what i did, i bought the uefa pass to watch the games online, am so tired of missing games cuz labs all the time, iz hard from stayin away from live scores.

man arsenal, is llke fiesty woman just when u had enough of her drama, she makes u come back cryin for more.

u gots to love dat

Baaniyal   

Yo tank,it's all gravy man,the library can be a fun place sometimes! Damn you got the UEFA pass? Can two people use it at the sametime?

man arsenal, is llke fiesty woman just when u had enough of her drama, she makes u come back cryin for more.

:D:D:D Classic!

Shujui Congrats on topping the Table. But i have to tell you of all the Seria A teams,AC Milan look the most threatning.

True star :D , but i can see my Roma going all the way this year 11 games and only 4 conceded suggest we gonna be hard to beat, saying that though i was quite shiocked to see Juve Capitulate against Inter so i'll be abit modest, like Arsenal :D , we aint won shiid yet so i will wait for teh Eggs to hatch, rather thne be fed Humble Pie later on ;)

Seria Goals Chart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shevchenko Andriy (Milan) 12

Totti Francesco (Roma) 9 (2)

Fava Dino (Udinese) 7

Adriano (Parma) 7 (1 pen)

Di Vaio Marco (Juventus) 7 (1)

Trezeguet David (Juventus) 7 (1)

Vieri Christian (Inter) 7 (1)

Chevanton Javier Ernesto (Lecce) 7 (2)

Bazzani Fabio (Sampdoria) 6

Caracciolo Andrea (Brescia) 6

Gilardino Alberto (Parma) 6 (2)

Corradi Bernardo (Lazio) 5

Cruz Julio Ricardo (Inter) 5

Inzaghi Simone (Lazio) 5

Miccoli Fabrizio (Juventus) 5

Montella Vincenzo (Roma) 5

Flachi Francesco (Sampdoria) 5 (1)

Chiesa Enrico (Siena) 5 (3)

Martins Obafemi (Inter) 4

Nedved Pavel (Juventus) 4

Taddei Rodrigo (Siena) 4

Baggio Roberto (Brescia) 3

Bothroyd Jay (Perugia) 3

Bresciano Mark (Parma) 3

Cassano Antonio (Roma) 3

Di Biagio Gigi (Brescia) 3

Del Piero Alessandro (Juventus) 3

Di Natale Antonio (Empoli) 3

Doni Cristiano (Sampdoria) 3

Fiore Stefano (Lazio) 3

Flo Tore Andre (Siena) 3

Iaquinta Vincenzo (Udinese) 3

Kamara Diomansy (Modena) 3

Mancini Amantino (Roma) 3

Marchionni Marco (Parma) 3

Margiotta Massimo (Perugia) 3

Materazzi Marco (Inter) 3

Morfeo Domenico (Parma) 3

Pellissier Sergio (Chievo) 3

Tomasson Jon Dahl (Milan) 3

Vryzas Zisis (Perugia) 3

Carew John (Roma) 3 (1

A Great Roma Team has taken shape, with goals following from everwhere, all 11 outfeild players have scored, Inc 2 freekicks from Chivu. Agreat team lead by one of the best players in the world

as evidenced in yesturday's game which see's roma top of the best league by 6 points

Serie A Week 14 - 20/12/03 (20.30)

Empoli empoligif.gif 0-2 romastrip.gif Roma

Totti ® pen 23, 45

Stadio Castellani

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Francesco Totti was again on target as his unstoppable Roma side collected a 2-0 win at struggling Empoli. The captain struck both goals to ensure that his side stay clear at the top of Serie A.

There was an unfamiliar look to the Roma side because of their left-sided problems. Vincent Candela was unavailable, while Lima was left out of the starting line-up after his AWOL episode. That saw Dellas drafted into the defence and Chivu moved out to the flank.

Roma were strong favourites to win going into the game and they instantly attacked. They had a penalty appeal rejected after four minutes before Cassano saw his shot saved by Bucci with just the former Parma ‘keeper to beat.

Yet Empoli, who caused Milan problems two weeks ago, were not resigned to a defeat. Pelizzoli had to be alert on two occasions after efforts from Rocchi and a Di Natale volley that flew wide of the goal.

Roma boss Fabio Capello decided to adjust his system. He moved Panucci to the left, allowing Chivu to slot into his more familiar back three role. Within minutes, the away side took the lead.

Carew turned inside the penalty area where he was caught by Pratali just before he could get his shot away. The referee pointed to the spot much to the annoyance of the defender and Di Natale who were both booked. Francesco Totti powered his penalty to the right of Bucci.

Empoli’s attempt to get back into the game was limited by Roma’s possession of the ball. On 38 minutes, Capellini went close when his 25-yard free-kick hit the side netting. That was a rare scare for the away side.

Dellas almost doubled their lead on 40 minutes, before a piece of magic from Totti put his side 2-0 up in first half injury time. The captain received a pass from Cassano, he spotted Bucci off his line and from 17 metres chipped the ball into the back of the net. Simply extraordinary!

1909.jpg

There were no substitutions to digest with the half-time oranges. Roma were looking to control their lead and Empoli’s attempts to get back into the game were tame as Agostini and Cribari didn’t trouble Pelizzoli with their efforts.

On 58 minutes Totti almost grabbed his hat-trick. Cassano and Mancini worked a short corner but the No 10’s header finished well over the bar. Mancini threatened himself soon after when his diagonal cross shot missed the target and the stretched foot of Cassano.

Empoli’s only real chances were being created at set-pieces. A Capellini cross eventually found Di Natale whose shot just finished over. Substitute Foggia then struck a 20-yard free-kick which was off target.

Totti was again handed a chance to get his third thanks to a poor Agostini back-pass. But his effort, which beat Bucci, ran across the mouth of the goal. The Roma idol then tried his luck with his left foot in the 81st minute but Bucci tipped it around the post.

Roma’s win ensures that the Giallorossi end 2003 at the top of the League, even if Milan do have their rearranged game against Siena to play in January.

Empoli: Bucci; Balleri, Cribari, Pratali, Agostini; Grella, Fucini (Foggia 59); Buscè (Tavano 72), Cappellini, Di Natale; Rocchi.

Roma: Pelizzoli; Panucci, Samuel, Dellas; Mancini, Emerson, Dacourt, Chivu; Totti; Carew (Tommasi 90), Cassano (D'Agostino 76).

Ref: Pieri